When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think thats going to be what I do ... even if I do go back the chances of me being able to book 3 swims in a week at a set time is going to be minimal ... I think I need to get 3 swims in to make it reasonable value .... without pools open there is no point me returning what so ever ... just need something to replace it in my routine ... thats the issue 

And just to agree with you further... I only selected Nuffield because there is a pool (and I love that steam room!). But I'm not sure I can justify the price without both really. 

I think it's going to be nigh on impossible to book enough slots to make it reasonable. Equally if I do manage to, am I selfishly preventing others going? Absolute minefield. 

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

And just to agree with you further... I only selected Nuffield because there is a pool (and I love that steam room!). But I'm not sure I can justify the price without both really. 

I think it's going to be nigh on impossible to book enough slots to make it reasonable. Equally if I do manage to, am I selfishly preventing others going? Absolute minefield. 

ha ha twin :) 

12 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I don't think you can keep going with that in your mind tbh.  It's one thing to say that, for example, you won't take online delivery slots so that more vulnerable people can get their groceries if you actually go in the supermarket. Something else entirely to do yourself out of something important to you because of a vague idea that it means someone else misses out. Otherwise you won't be able to do anything.

10 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the amount is minuscule in the scheme of things. Those cynics should take a moment to do the maths.

If all 55,000 deaths were pensioners, the saving is approx £0.5Bn a year. Peanuts!

Well yes, but my point was it might please some voters as per the quote I gave from the article that seem to think Gov will save a fortune because they have died.. 

Similar arguments to all immigrants are draining the system and people on benefits are all spongers.... if you put some facts/numbers behind these its nowhere near as bad as people think 

Just now, ghandi said:

Yep, we'll all be fine by next June, vaccine by then, virus gone ...

Well those of you with tickets will ha! Not convinced at all I'll be there, but maybe I can do at least some kind of festival next year, which would be great.

So what was the gyms announcement? Opening in two weeks if they're ready? Seemed low on detail! 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well those of you with tickets will ha! Not convinced at all I'll be there, but maybe I can do at least some kind of festival next year, which would be great.

So what was the gyms announcement? Opening in two weeks if they're ready? Seemed low on detail! 

25th ....

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so did anyone get from that if a badminton club I attend can reopen ? im hoping so ... I reckon that should be  safe enough for me ..... 

I think you can play outdoor badminton,  just as long as it's not too windy 👍😁

When will things re-open in England?

That is a raft of announcements from the culture secretary.

But when will people in England be able to take advantage?

• Outdoor pools will be able to re-open on 11 July
  • Indoor gyms, swimming pools and sports facilities will then be able to re-open from 25 July
  • Grassroots sport will be able to return from this coming weekend, beginning with cricket (other sports will follow)
  • Outdoor theatres will be able to start up from Saturday
  • Small pilots of indoor performances with socially distanced audiences will also take place to help work out the best way to get them up and running
  • From Monday 13 June, beauticians, tattooists, spas, tanning salons and other close contact services can reopen "subject to some restrictions on particularly high-risk services" 

Think they mean 13th July

1 hour ago, FestivalJamie said:

Don’t know if anyone’s mentioned it yet, but daily cases are +642 today, which means the daily increase is higher than this time last week, which means that cases have stopped falling, presumably due to the effects of the unlocking last Saturday.

Don't pay too much attention to any one days figures. Cases this week up until Thursday are down 24%. It takes 5 days for symptoms to show and then time to get and return a test. Which means we likely won't be able to see any effect of pubs opening up until next Monday. 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

not alone there ... In fact Im struggling to think of any that have done the briefings that dont ...sunak maybe ?

Sunak is one of the worst for me. His "I'm just an ordinary guy, woo Nandos, pubs, Wagamama" shtick makes me want to hurl. Amount of people that seem to fall for it too.

• Upvote 2