Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

It was utterly vile and it's not something I expected to read on a Glastonbury forum. If I want to read that kind of bin juice there are plenty of shitty pockets on the internet I can go. 

I choose this section of the internet because of it's inclusivity and love of music. We don't accept your abhorrent homophobic thinly veiled jokes. Deal with it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha my friend (who is an epidemiological modeller and therefore obvs working on coronavirus) sent me this last night...I still haven't worked out if it's real or not

Haha. Well it looks fake, but very funny.

If, on top of this alcohol revelation, scientists discover MDMA inhibits Coronavirus then we’ll need more Glastos not fewer! 

38 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

GLASTO IS SAVED 

6C180ADC-8DD2-4F8F-8429-1BE7DA19A72F.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha my friend (who is an epidemiological modeller and therefore obvs working on coronavirus) sent me this last night...I still haven't worked out if it's real or not

I would say this is true and would work in the same way as hand sanitiser, but if anyone thinks I'm gonna waste good gin (or even bad gin) washing in it , think again , I'll drink it and kill the virusfrom the inside out

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had no idea that the 1918 flu pandemic killed more people than the combined military deaths in WWI and WWII. There are no specific figures for the number of deaths, but it's placed between 50 million and 100 million. 

If you are interested, then read the article on the link below. Please note that it is a long read;

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/journal-plague-year-180965222/?fbclid=IwAR2W_bnIV5sWEzZmVmiAsdrVUgh6XGlmUsCGxmr-X4lxvpgNpaj-AHgRNf4

Yikes, I’d never heard of it until this thread. Has it always been under mentioned or have I just missed all references to it?

1 minute ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone expect to hear anything from Glastonbury in the case of the festival still going forward? Obviously, we would hear if it were cancelled, but should we expect to hear a statement about their plans for the festival if it does go forward?

Just assume that everything is going forward as planned unless the government issues a blanket ban on all gatherings which by June is unlikely to happen. If Corona is still a huge thing in June then we’ll probably have bigger things to worry about than Glasto! 

2 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone expect to hear anything from Glastonbury in the case of the festival still going forward? Obviously, we would hear if it were cancelled, but should we expect to hear a statement about their plans for the festival if it does go forward?

I would imagine they have contingency plans for all events. Especially considering the impact of foot and mouth. So I would imagine they are playing the waiting game much like us all to see how this pans out over the next couple of months. Then react accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I would imagine they have contingency plans for all events. Especially considering the impact of foot and mouth. So I would imagine they are playing the waiting game much like us all to see how this pans out over the next couple of months. Then react accordingly. 

Makes sense... I really hope in the chance it's cancelled that our tickets are moved to 2021.

4 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Makes sense... I really hope in the chance it's cancelled that our tickets are moved to 2021.

That's the pickle I wouldn't like to be in. Selfishly I would agree but is it fair? Is it fair we miss out after being so lucky. Or missing two years on the trot? Dunno but I don't envy their decision and ensuing backlash if the worst does happen. 

10 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

LIke what.....? If there's an italy style outbreak in the UK bewteen now and glasto it's cancelled. If not its on. Not much else to be said I don't think. I'm not stressing. I've learned to accept the things I cannot change and it's made my life a lot easier. 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yikes, I’d never heard of it until this thread. Has it always been under mentioned or have I just missed all references to it?

I didn't know about it myself until earlier today, when my brother posted the link. I never studied modern history at school, so that may explain the lack of knowledge a little. Then again, you'd think that it would be more widely known, and actually talked about in the media now.

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

It was utterly vile and it's not something I expected to read on a Glastonbury forum. If I want to read that kind of bin juice there are plenty of shitty pockets on the internet I can go. 

I choose this section of the internet because of it's inclusivity and love of music. We don't accept your abhorrent homophobic thinly veiled jokes. Deal with it. 

Ooo maybe not then 

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ongoing WW1 propaganda played some part in this. In the aftermath of the war the authorities didn’t acknowledge the full extent of the impact at the time so it wasn’t until well afterwards that most people realised quite how bad it was. 

I guess this then had an effect on the extent to which it was registered in the public conscious and covered in history etc etc. 

I think far more people would know of the Black Death than the Spanish Flu... Barmy really when one is only just out of living memory and the other 600+ years ago!