Corona Virus - Should we be worried?

Jimbojam

Just now, TownesMR said:

That definitely isn't true. If an outbreak happened right now in the UK, it could be under control by June.

Maybe it would. Remains to be seen how long it takes italy to deal with this. To be honest I think odds of an outbreak in the UK are low. the number of cases there has been low and is staying low.

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Selfishly I would agree but is it fair?

I would think it's fair. People had plans put into this year already... flights booked, accommodations booked around the time of the festival, months of planning... For them to miss out on the festival should mean that they have tickets for the next year or first grabs at tickets.

18 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

Does anyone expect to hear anything from Glastonbury in the case of the festival still going forward? Obviously, we would hear if it were cancelled, but should we expect to hear a statement about their plans for the festival if it does go forward?

Yes. I would bet good money that one way or another, they will make a statement at some point before the festival about coronavirus.

Just now, TownesMR said:

I would think it's fair. People had plans put into this year already... flights booked, accommodations booked around the time of the festival, months of planning... For them to miss out on the festival should mean that they have tickets for the next year or first grabs at tickets.

I work in the travel industry and none of this situation is fair. Expect a lot of businesses to fold. I think a festival is gonna be the least of people's worries if the worst happens. 

8 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

That's the pickle I wouldn't like to be in. Selfishly I would agree but is it fair? Is it fair we miss out after being so lucky. Or missing two years on the trot? Dunno but I don't envy their decision and ensuing backlash if the worst does happen. 

The festival are damned either way. Only question is whether they piss off 130,000 people immediately or god knows how many more who have to miss out two years in a row.

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I work in the travel industry and none of this situation is fair. Expect a lot of businesses to fold. I think a festival is gonna be the least of people's worries if the worst happens. 

I'm just stressing because if I don't go to Glastonbury this year, I will never be able to. It's so unlikely to get tickets especially as someone not from the UK.

Dunno why you're stressing about it. You have no control over the decision if the worst happens. So just wait and see. As I said bigger issues if that happens. 

Whatever happens I'll trust in the eavii to do what they think is right and accept it. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Could you DM me it ? I'm really curious now, sounds like it was pretty bad considering the reactions here 😬

Sure. Just send me a message and I’ll share it with you, no problem. I’ve had plenty of others do so and the feedback has been positive. 👍🏻. If anyone else wants to know the joke then just send me a message and I will gladly assist. 

5 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

What about the people who tried for 2019, got nothing, but got 2020 tickets?

What about them? What happened the year before is irrelevant. Which is why I would veer towards putting all tickets back in the pot for 21 and starting again.

I say that as someone with a ticket too.

Just now, TownesMR said:

That's fair, I'm definitely overreacting, just been looking forward to this and always seen it as my "once in a lifetime" trip.

Id say chill until balance payment day at the very least. There's no way they'll make a statement of any sort until right before that, if they're going to say anything at all. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

What about them? What happened the year before is irrelevant. Which is why I would veer towards putting all tickets back in the pot for 21 and starting again.

Well, time to never make travel plans outside of my country ever again lol

4 minutes ago, TownesMR said:

That's fair, I'm definitely overreacting, just been looking forward to this and always seen it as my "once in a lifetime" trip.

I said that when I went for the first time in 2014. Been every year since. It will happen.