Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

A mass exodus of LFC fans or do you think the whole field clears? The latter feels very unlikely. 

The festival has a large scouse presence, will be loads of groups who will be watching her for one song only. The song has it's own life here outside the typical Dua fanbase.

Probably be loads of annoying people chatting nonsense for the rest of the set because of it

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

The festival has a large scouse presence, will be loads of groups who will be watching her for one song only. The song has it's own life here outside the typical Dua fanbase.

Probably be loads of annoying people chatting nonsense for the rest of the set because of it

Oh, you're actually being serious!

She's got banger after banger after banger, can't see the mass exodus you predict.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DDave said:

Oh, you're actually being serious!

She's got banger after banger after banger, can't see the mass exodus you predict.

And to a specific group of people outside her fanbase she's a one hit wonder. Don't think that's too hard to comprehend 

7 minutes ago, august1 said:

And to a specific group of people outside her fanbase she's a one hit wonder. Don't think that's too hard to comprehend 

This is just absolutely not true. A one hit wonder?! She’s constantly got other songs playing on the radio and in the charts. If you’re not familiar with them then fair enough, but she isn’t headlining Glastonbury off the back of one song that isn’t even her own. 

Edited by FloopFiller

54 minutes ago, august1 said:

She has three songs that have 2 billion streams each (and one that will get there by the end of the week). 

52 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

This is just absolutely not true. A one hit wonder?! She’s constantly got other songs playing on the radio and in the charts. If you’re not familiar with them then fair enough, but she isn’t headlining Glastonbury off the back of one song that isn’t even her own. 

I'm not talking about me or saying she's a one hit wonder.

I know loads of people who only know that one song.  

50 minutes ago, august1 said:

No different to an artist being massive in one part of the world and less known elsewhere. 

I'm sure people who are Liverpool fans aren't gonna stand there and just wait though. Plus a lot of scousers will know a lot of her stuff, she's the biggest pop star Britain has produced in years.

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

But everyone is going to think there's a lot of people from Merseyside at Glastonbury, which is fair.

There is, but I’m pretty sure they’re capable of listening to more than one Dua Lipa song

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The influx of people from Liverpool is a myth, isn't it? I've met many more from Somerset than Liverpool in all my years attending 

I think it’s largely just because the scouse accent is so instantly recognisable and occasionally loud that it often feels like the place is full of them.

Also, as a fellow scouser, I’m very aware that being snuck in is incredibly prevalent with people from here. Maybe that’s also the case elsewhere as well… but it’s a big thing here for people who fail to get tickets, as well as those who don’t even bother in the sales because sneaking in is apparently far easier and quicker (skipping the queues etc)… But I can’t imagine so much so that they fill up the festival…

Edited by FloopFiller

It'll be each to their own, of course, but as a Yorkshireman, I've bumped into far more Scousers than I have any other demographic of the British population the two years I've got down.

Most importantly though, they have all been absolutely sound, and frankly, that's all that matters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

It'll be each to their own, of course, but as a Yorkshireman, I've bumped into far more Scousers than I have any other demographic of the British population the two years I've got down.

Most importantly though, they have all been absolutely sound, and frankly, that's all that matters.

I’d agree, we were in the Avalon when Jamie Webster was playing, it was like the Kop. end at Annfield! Great fun. Ended up speaking to his mum and dad! 

• Like 1

Her performance at the CL final went down a treat and One Kiss has gone off at LFC finals ever since.

It's fair to say that Imagine Dragons or Camilla Cabello didn't get the same response in more recent finals.

Dua and Coldplay will draw the lids away from Silver Hayes in big numbers. I don't really get the Coldplay love-in but it's real amongst the Montirex hive mind

21 hours ago, august1 said:

Seriously, this feeling of  self-importance of Liverpool supporters is just incredible. I go every year with the biggest group of scousers you can imagine. About 60% are blues, 30% reds and 10% not arsed. And the reds won’t go to see one song and then f*ck off! 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d agree, we were in the Avalon when Jamie Webster was playing, it was like the Kop. end at Annfield! Great fun. Ended up speaking to his mum and dad! 

I used to work with his mum.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

I think it’s largely just because the scouse accent is so instantly recognisable and occasionally loud that it often feels like the place is full of them.

Also, as a fellow scouser, I’m very aware that being snuck in is incredibly prevalent with people from here. Maybe that’s also the case elsewhere as well… but it’s a big thing here for people who fail to get tickets, as well as those who don’t even bother in the sales because sneaking in is apparently far easier and quicker (skipping the queues etc)… But I can’t imagine so much so that they fill up the festival…

Maybe some truth in this. But the same could be said for Geordies. I don’t hear half as many Geordie accents at Glastonbury as I do scousers. And I go to G with a gang of Geordies!