Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

This thread has definitely made me want to check out her tour. Unfortunately I haven't given myself much time as she's playing Cardiff tomorrow. There is 1 standing ticket on twickets right now but I would definitely need to take the wife so will hope a pair come up in the next 24 hours.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's only playing gigs this year as the tour's been delayed for two years. She'll want to consolidate and if Glastonbury offer there's no chance she'll turn it down.

Depends whether album 3 is ready to go this time next year. She might want to coincide the two...

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's only playing gigs this year as the tour's been delayed for two years. She'll want to consolidate and if Glastonbury offer there's no chance she'll turn it down.

It’s not turning it down but if it doesn’t fit with her touring schedule then it won’t be for 2023. She won’t do a glasto one off.

this also presumes she’s been asked for 2023 specifically, think it’s more likely she will have been asked to do it when it works best for her. If they want her to headline they want her to headline. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She’s doing a few biggo festivals in Europe and the states.

Edited by Matt42

My 2 cents.... She should be headlining over Billie Eilish no question. 

BE needs to get cameos on to stop everyone getting depressed and sitting down to chill out in my opinion. Dua Lipa has some bangers... lots of songs actually. I like BE but she's not a headline act for me. 

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

BE needs to get cameos on to stop everyone getting depressed and sitting down to chill out in my opinion. Dua Lipa has some bangers... lots of songs actually. I like BE but she's not a headline act for me. 

I think I agree with this actually. I’m pretty confident Dua Lipa would get a bigger crowd.

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

Absolutely agree with this. It feels like BE lost a lot of steam with a second album which didnt quite continue breaking ground like the first did... DL on the other hand went from strength to strength

O2 tonight. Yep, that was bloody fantastic. I think she probably could do it now, but a decent third album and assuming the fest wants to go with a pop headliner and she should be nailed on for a future year.

Also went O2 last night. What a performance, really taken her live show to that next level. One of the best Pop performances I've seen in a long time. Got to be a future headliner without a doubt, would also agree with Dua over Billie if not just for the fact I don't know if there's much difference between Billie's other stage set and what her headline set will offer.

• 6 months later...

Dua Lipa has denied reports she will perform at the Fifa World Cup opening ceremony in Qatar.

The singer said she will "look forward to visiting Qatar when it has fulfilled all the human rights pledges it made" when it became host.

but

Other acts including Robbie Williams and BTS's Jung Kook are set to perform.

and

Sir Rod Stewart recently revealed he turned down the opportunity.

"I was actually offered a lot of money, over $1m, to play there 15 months ago. I turned it down. It's not right to go," he told the Sunday Times.

Where is the love?

US pop group Black Eyed Peas and Colombian singer J Balvin, however, are set to perform at events in Qatar during the tournament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63620686

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

Huge list of DJs playing as well

https://www.tixbox.com/en/events/?page=0&size=12

Only headliners standing out as Glastonbury acts are Joris Voorn and Camelphat - mostly just edm

Wow what is wrong with these people?

Arcadia must be getting millions for this, maybe this answers my question. Would love Glastonbury to refuse Arcadia, it wouldn't be too difficult or any more expensive to fill that area with another soundsystem.

One day ticket for arcadia shows are $104

Edited by Skip997

55 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Wow what is wrong with these people?

Arcadia must be getting millions for this, maybe this answers my question. Would love Glastonbury to refuse Arcadia, it wouldn't be too difficult or any more expensive to fill that area with another soundsystem.

One day ticket for arcadia shows are $104

Everything in Qatar is ridiculously expensive - pint of beer costs like 30$

It would be more expensive as they would have to pay the initial setup fees like building the stage etc. Arcadia also has good connections to djs, not many people can convince calvin harris to take the glastonbury fee - the festival clearly couldn't or he'd have played 10 years ago. And thats before considering the risk of getting a new operator in for arcadia field, the festival isn't looking to take huge risks right now really

15 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Dua Lipa has denied reports she will perform at the Fifa World Cup opening ceremony in Qatar.

but

Other acts including Robbie Williams and BTS's Jung Kook are set to perform.

and

Sir Rod Stewart recently revealed he turned down the opportunity.

Where is the love?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63620686

Dua is in Los angeles to peform at Elton Johns final north american performance this coming weekend. She chose to be with a person thats trying to make a difference with human rights.  And hey, I get to see her do it and paid less than 100 quid for 2 tickets!

• 11 months later...