Other Stage 2020

Matt42

Just now, Obiginnaw said:

Yeah didn’t read this at first, have edited , cheers:) 

I mean I presume this doesn’t include glasto ? It sounds like they’ve just tried to avoid the fact he could be elsewhere (I.e. here) 

It sounds like he is somewhere that wouldn't be considered a "dance festival". Glastonbury chances have skyrocketed.

If he’s playing Creamfields then he’ll almost definitely be playing Glasgow Summer Sessions around then too but yeah, does make Glastonbury seem very likely. If Massive Attack aren’t announced as an exclusive for APE next week then Pet Shop Boys, Calvin Harris, Massive Attack seems like a solid trio.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

If he’s playing Creamfields then he’ll almost definitely be playing Glasgow Summer Sessions around then too but yeah, does make Glastonbury seem very likely. If Massive Attack aren’t announced as an exclusive for APE next week then Pet Shop Boys, Calvin Harris, Massive Attack seems like a solid trio.

I would snap your hand off for those three.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That is an incredible trio, PSB have personally never really been my thing but understand how big they are (gives me a night at pyramid) but Massive Attack would be a phenomenal booking 

7 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

That is an incredible trio, PSB have personally never really been my thing but understand how big they are (gives me a night at pyramid) but Massive Attack would be a phenomenal booking 

Kind of phenomenal, but much as I love them, they only headlined the Other stage a few years ago (2014)...and I think might be the only Other stage headliner I've ever seen. 

For that reason, I'd prefer PSB - Calvin - Foals 

The only thing that makes me still ??? Is Calvin Harris. He has sat out from the festival throughout arguably 10 years of peak popularity. Why is he back now?

Is it because he’s not that arsed about headlining major festivals now? He was a headline or nothing act about three years ago.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I reckon foals are probably subbing Taylor then.

Pet Shop Boys, Calvin Harris, Massive Attack aren’t really pyramid level but I guess they are big. Not really as exciting as I thought they would be.

Where did the Massive Attack info come from? I think I've missed some intel somewhere along the line.... 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The only thing that makes me still ??? Is Calvin Harris. He has sat out from the festival throughout arguably 10 years of peak popularity. Why is he back now?

Is it because he’s not that arsed about headlining major festivals now? He was a headline or nothing act about three years ago.

Why do festies when you are being played millions of $$$ to play Las Vegas shows. Now that is starting to decline he can do fests now again (probably for big bucks too as he is somewhat of a rarity).

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He shot up the ranks pretty quickly and a few years ago was a headliner or nothing at any festival he played. Petered out a bit now, and was probably happy to accept a Other headline slot for the big 50th, and I imagine they've paid slightly over the odds for him as well.