Other Stage 2020

Matt42

On 1/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, sisco said:

Not a problem at all.

Personally if the others are ruled out for a variety of reasons I’d say the current options are:

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Sure some others can add a few more names

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Twenty One Pilots

The Libertines

added a couple of others

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

PSB

Calvin Harris

Massive Attack

Foals

Biffy Clyro

Royal Blood

The National

Twenty One Pilots

The Libertines

added a couple of others

Adding Twenty One Pilots and The Libertines? Twenty One Pilots are in Switzerland on the Saturday and I can't see them against either of the Friday or Sunday Pyramid headliners. The Libertines are not getting anywhere near an Other headline slot nowadays - an evening Other slot or John Peel headline if they play the fest any time soon.

Kendrick Lamar against Pet Shop Boys seems like one of those clashes that are obvious before we have confirmation of either. I think they're a lock for Friday.

I would consider the idea of A$AP Rocky headlining it against Paul McCartney. I wouldn't have thought him big enough usually - especially not at Glastonbury - but if the bookers are shaking things up a bit then let's see it. The third headliner would have to be the 'kind of Pyramid level headliners on the Other Stage' because you could not say it about PSB or Rocky.

Pet Shop Boys, Twenty One Pilots, Massive Attack I reckon.

Outside chance of the National or Foals if they are actually doing it.

no idea how those are pyramid level but they would work as a three. Bit male fronted but I can imagine them going down well.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Adding Twenty One Pilots and The Libertines? Twenty One Pilots are in Switzerland on the Saturday and I can't see them against either of the Friday or Sunday Pyramid headliners. 

Did not realise this!

Pet Shop Boys, Foals, Massive Attack it is then!

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Adding Twenty One Pilots and The Libertines? Twenty One Pilots are in Switzerland on the Saturday and I can't see them against either of the Friday or Sunday Pyramid headliners. The Libertines are not getting anywhere near an Other headline slot nowadays - an evening Other slot or John Peel headline if they play the fest any time soon.

Kendrick Lamar against Pet Shop Boys seems like one of those clashes that are obvious before we have confirmation of either. I think they're a lock for Friday.

I would consider the idea of A$AP Rocky headlining it against Paul McCartney. I wouldn't have thought him big enough usually - especially not at Glastonbury - but if the bookers are shaking things up a bit then let's see it. The third headliner would have to be the 'kind of Pyramid level headliners on the Other Stage' because you could not say it about PSB or Rocky.

Thought the libs we’re still about a other stage/sub act.  Headlining Beni aren’t they?

Dont see why 21 Pilots couldn’t go against either of the others myself? But I’m not good at the prediction stuff anyway

Just now, Matt42 said:

Did not realise this!

Yes until tomorrow I suppose that's what it is.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Thought the libs we’re still about a other stage/sub act.  Headlining Beni aren’t they?

Dont see why 21 Pilots couldn’t go against either of the others myself? But I’m not good at the prediction stuff anyway

They're headlining Bingley Weekender and Norwich Sunday Sessions closer to home.

I just don't get who'd see Twenty One Pilots at Glastonbury that wouldn't be seeing Kendrick Lamar or Taylor Swift on those nights.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yes until tomorrow I suppose that's what it is.

They're headlining Bingley Weekender and Norwich Sunday Sessions closer to home.

I just don't get who'd see Twenty One Pilots at Glastonbury that wouldn't be seeing Kendrick Lamar or Taylor Swift on those nights.

Primal Scream are doing it too and they subbed a while back.  Noel headlined it a couple of years ago too.  Not saying that makes The Libs likely or anything like that but I don’t think them headlining that makes it less likely.

Its nice that all of the other headliners are up in the air still. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Primal Scream are doing it too and they subbed a while back.  Noel headlined it a couple of years ago too.  Not saying that makes The Libs likely or anything like that but I don’t think them headlining that makes it less likely.

Its nice that all of the other headliners are up in the air still. 

Fine but Noel still headlines arenas when out on tour and headlined Heaton Park and Isle of Wight Festival last year. There's no claim for The Libertines to be up there with their academy tour and headlining dinky festivals - if they were going to take a punt on an academy headliner at the top of the Other Stage bill then it'd be someone on the up, like Wolf Alice (this isn't a prediction). Primal Scream wouldn't headline Other or sub Pyramid anymore either and are in the exact same boat. The Libertines opening the Other Stage seems like a distinct possibility.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fine but Noel still headlines arenas when out on tour and headlined Heaton Park and Isle of Wight Festival last year. There's no claim for The Libertines to be up there with their academy tour and headlining dinky festivals - if they were going to take a punt on an academy headliner at the top of the Other Stage bill then it'd be someone on the up, like Wolf Alice (this isn't a prediction). Primal Scream wouldn't headline Other or sub Pyramid anymore either and are in the exact same boat. The Libertines opening the Other Stage seems like a distinct possibility.

Yeah suppose so, and apparently Wolf Alice were offered it last year.   Just hard to believe that considering EE comments about the size of the acts.  Reckon Wolf Alice will end up subbing the other stage. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Did not realise this!

I sign this totally. Massive attack would also give the "electronic act" for the Other. But would Massive Attack play against Macca or Taylor? I reckon PSB against Kendrick would have all sense. 

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Where you took the info that Twenty One Pilots they are on Saturday? The festival is from 25 to 28 and they could play in any of that dates as the schedule it's not confirmed yet... Captura.JPG.42321b0095908a6ba9efc1d43514ced1.JPG

Edited by AlexOvd

16 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

Where you took the info that Twenty One Pilots they are on Saturday? The festival is from 25 to 28 and they could play in any of that dates as the schedule it's not confirmed yet... Captura.JPG.42321b0095908a6ba9efc1d43514ced1.JPG

The festival's own website.

(to give credit where it's due, @kingcrawler was the one who checked the website)

Edited by dentalplan

12 hours ago, eFestivals said:

my take on Emily's words is that all three acts aren't necessarily really going to be Pyramid headliner sized, but at the same time I'm thinking it's likely that at least one will be of about that level. The 1975 are the most obvious for that.

Calvin Harris in the UK would fit that bill but be an act that wouldn't be top of the Pyramid. PSB would be the only one I was sure about and that's about as luck for me as it gets.

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Calvin would fit that bill too (as would Foals, Biffy, Nick Cave, Twenty One Pilots, The Strokes etc.).

None of those fit the bill, not even The Strokes now.