Other Stage 2020

Matt42

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

You think The 1975 are going to headline the Other Stage?

No I think the 1975 are probably more likely to play a surprise set. I did think they had accepted an other stage slot prior to previous rumours but I think they’ve probably quashed that now.

Foals are a weird one. I reckon they will either sub Taylor or play against her on the other stage. Hard to call.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Foals are a weird one. I reckon they will either sub Taylor or play against her on the other stage. Hard to call.

Even with them now having two festivals over Glastonbury and one of them saying they hadn’t been booked a couple of months ago? I agree with you on The 1975 though.

They have the Sunday free to play and a date in Manchester the 1st of July. Meaning their coming back from Luxembourg to england and then going back on the 2d of July in France. It's solid elements for a slot on the Other Stage. And they do play many days in a row in generally.

Edited by Cseguin

What do you think to Dermot Kennedy on the other stage, liking his music especially his new one You Got The Power Over - anyone else think the chorus sounds a bit like Jermaine Stewart - You don’t have to take you clothes off

So “You‘ve got the power over me”would be inline with “You don’t have to take your”

then “My My” would be in-line with “Clothes off”

Edited by waynewdk

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What are Massive Attack like live? I love Blue Lines but after that I’m so so with them. I’d watch them in a heartbeat if Tricky was with them doing a Blue Lines + hits show.

Honestly, they are amazing live.  Their set in 2014 was more mezzanine and heligoland heavy but as a spectacle and musical treat they were perfect. Easily in my top 5 sets of all time at Glastonbury. 

Even though I'd love to see them again, I think them headlining the other is a bit of wishful thinking along with RATM appearing.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Was such random info about Calvin that you immediately think there maybe something in it.  Now with that exclusivity line you’ve got to think he was actually right

Yup and the fact it was Saturday night which opposite Macca firs perfectly. It could well be that he's thought it's the 50th and if he's ever going to drop his fee to do it then it might as well be for that.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah PBS certainly aren't Pyramid headliner level but an argument could be made for Foals and I'm sure they'd be a very popular counter to Taylor. That trio seems like a good bet.

Calvin Harris is the only one that justifies as a Pyramid headliner would wouldn't get it. 

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

She never said "three Other Stage headliners are Pyramid level" though. It was "we’ve got kind of Pyramid level headliners on the Other Stage next year", which could feasibly just be one of the names, and even then only 'kind of'.

i guess it depends how you interpret "Pyramid level"

she never said the Other headliners were Pyramid headliner level, she said the "headliners on the Other stage" were "Pyramid level"

ie. maybe she meant they're big enough/mainstream enough to be playing the Pyramid stage.

47 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i guess it depends how you interpret "Pyramid level"

she never said the Other headliners were Pyramid headliner level, she said the "headliners on the Other stage" were "Pyramid level"

ie. maybe she meant they're big enough/mainstream enough to be playing the Pyramid stage.

The quote is literally  ' we've  got kind of pyramid level headliners for the other stage this year' which is why people started speculating the 1975. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232%3famp

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

The quote is literally  ' we've  got kind of pyramid level headliners for the other stage this year' which is why people started speculating the 1975. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232%3famp

yeah, i know. that's literally what my post says. 😕

I get what @ghostdancer1 is saying.

EE's quote could either mean:

Pyramid level - headliners on the Other Stage - ie the Headliners on the Other Stage are Pyramid Level (but not necessarily Pyramid headliner level)

OR

Pyramid level headliners - on the Other stage - ie the people on the Other Stage are Pyramid Headliner Level.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it 100% is.

It doesn't make sense though.

Other Stage headliners are always bigger and more well known than Pyramid early afternoon acts.

So, it's clearly not what she meant.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I get what @ghostdancer1 is saying.

EE's quote could either mean:

Pyramid level - headliners on the Other Stage - ie the Headliners on the Other Stage are Pyramid Level (but not necessarily Pyramid headliner level)

OR

Pyramid level headliners - on the Other stage - ie the people on the Other Stage are Pyramid Headliner Level.

thanks.

if she had said "we’ve got kind of Pyramid headliner level headliners on the Other Stage next year" , then there'd be no doubt about getting enormous acts on the Other stage.

but she didn't, so "Pyramid level" is open to interpretation about their size/appeal, and not necessarily Pyramid headliner size.

PSB are certainly not Pyramid headliners, but they're certainly mainstream and well-known enough to play the Pyramid.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

thanks.

if she had said "we’ve got kind of Pyramid headliner level headliners on the Other Stage next year" , then there'd be no doubt about getting enormous acts on the Other stage.

but she didn't, so "Pyramid level" is open to interpretation about their size/appeal, and not necessarily Pyramid headliner size.

PSB are certainly not Pyramid headliners, but they're certainly mainstream and well-known enough to play the Pyramid.

Yeah but no maniac talks like that. 

• Upvote 2

’Y’know the way we always have loads of shite across the Pyramid Stage? Well we have an influx of it booked for this year and so we’ve decided to stick some of it headlining the Other Stage as well’

She definitely meant acts she’d consider Pyramid headliners topping Other, and Calvin and Foals are two acts that just about hit that mark (or could be argued to, at least).

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

It doesn't make sense though.

Other Stage headliners are always bigger and more well known than Pyramid early afternoon acts.

So, it's clearly not what she meant.

no-one mentioned early afternoon.

and that isn't even remotely true. there are plenty of Other headliners that your average person on the street have never heard of, eg. LCD Soundsystem in 2016 with Ellie Goulding on the Pyramid.

2017: Alt-J headline the Other on Saturday and Katy Perry and Craig David are on the Pyramid. Sunday - Boy Better Know headline the Other with Chic on the Pyramid.

that's before getting to the likes of deadmau5, skrillex etc who have headlined the Other stage....

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

thanks.

I'm confused!

Can you give an example of a previous Other Stage headliner that's not been Pyramid non-headliner level?

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Tbh I think Emily is over egging this one and we're all reading way too much in to it.

I'd take it to mean the Other headliners are a bit bigger than normal. That's about it.

See i think we're also taking it too far but she meant pyramid headliners. Why would she say pyramid acts on the other. It makes no difference 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

’Y’know the way we always have loads of shite across the Pyramid Stage? Well we have an influx of it booked for this year and so we’ve decided to stick some of it headlining the Other Stage as well’

She definitely meant acts she’d consider Pyramid headliners topping Other, and Calvin and Foals are two acts that just about hit that mark (or could be argued to, at least).

or she meant they've popular, mainstream acts that could have played sub/3rd on the Pyramid, booked as Other headliners.

the most locked on Other headliner we seem to have if Pet Shop Boys, and they're far closer to that description, than headlining the Pyramid.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

or she meant they've popular, mainstream acts that could have played sub/3rd on the Pyramid, booked as Other headliners.

the most locked on Other headliner we seem to have if Pet Shop Boys, and they're far closer to that description, than headlining the Pyramid.

Probably because she was bigging up them having booked Calvin who usually only ever headlines festivals and (possibly) Foals who people would consider a bit too big to headline Other at this point. PBS are just an average OS headliner, but she was hardly gonna say ‘two of our OS headliners are really big, and the other is nothing special...’