Best late-night spots

MaxPower

1 minute ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I also was there on the Thursday night sitting in the Van from Scooby Doo! The film was so bad but the experience was great and one i'll definetly repeat next year.

One of my promises to the ticket gods was to re watch this film on my next work trip if i was successful.

Delighted that i have to sit through this rubbish again on Sunday! 

Congrats on the ticket success, i'm not sure i'm going to rewatch the film, but will always remember sitting in an old Jag and laughing with my lady as we watched the bit at the end with Tilda Swinton and laughing uncontrollably. Well jealous you got the Scooby van!

Just now, matichin said:

Congrats on the ticket success, i'm not sure i'm going to rewatch the film, but will always remember sitting in an old Jag and laughing with my lady as we watched the bit at the end with Tilda Swinton and laughing uncontrollably. Well jealous you got the Scooby van!

Thanks_ Just like everyone else i cant stop smiling and feeling very grateful!

For the film they originally put 3 of us into the tiniest american police car and none of us could see anything. I very politely asked if there was any other choice. We then started looking around (the film had started) and amazingly the van was free. It was a real highlight 

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Yeah I hope it's even more spread out - honestly the post-headliner crowd walking from Other Stage to SE Corner along the railroad was crazy and borderline dangerous. 

I'd like to see something done to reduce all the crowds heading in that direction at the same time.

Come to the conclusion that if you want to be in the SEC at night then you MUST sacrifice seeing a headliner elsewhere to do so. It's too fraught otherwise. Did it a couple of years ago and watched Dead Kennedys instead of Foo Fighters and had a banging time being there before the mad crowds hit. Not possible otherwise.

9 minutes ago, matichin said:

Come to the conclusion that if you want to be in the SEC at night then you MUST sacrifice seeing a headliner elsewhere to do so. It's too fraught otherwise. Did it a couple of years ago and watched Dead Kennedys instead of Foo Fighters and had a banging time being there before the mad crowds hit. Not possible otherwise.

last year it didn't seem so hectic to me ... with the extra space ... cant quite recall the time i went there but it was definitely after headliners and before 3.30 am 

3 hours ago, Guy Incognito said:

What goes on at T&C fields at night? It's one of my favourite spots on site but shamefully I haven't been there after dark yet!

Sensation Seekers is open pretty late with scheduled entertainment and is bit more adult than earlier on in the day I guess and some of the acts seem to just be walking around randomly still. The outside high wire thing goes on pretty late.

Depends on your vibe really, I've had a lot of fun just wondering around there but I am only drinking and not really wanting to enjoy being crushed for a rave. (As much I love the art and look to everything in the SE corner)

Rabbit hole and nyc downlow for me.

Ive learned it’s just better to get in the queue and ride things out for an hour or so. You can spend most of your night in either of those venues and have an amazing time rather than walking around the whole site seeing bits and bobs of different things.

Just my personal opinion anyway!

Headed up to Strummerville on the final night after a few hours in the temple and loved it. Complete change of vibe and pace. If I remember correctly we were lying down on the floor absolutely drained and then they played coffee and tv (a group favourite) whilst we finished all we had left. 

it was an unreal end to a special 5 days, planning on the same this year 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonTom said:

Sensation Seekers is open pretty late with scheduled entertainment and is bit more adult than earlier on in the day I guess and some of the acts seem to just be walking around randomly still. The outside high wire thing goes on pretty late.

Depends on your vibe really, I've had a lot of fun just wondering around there but I am only drinking and not really wanting to enjoy being crushed for a rave. (As much I love the art and look to everything in the SE corner)

Thanks, this sounds good. I like to try and vary my nights at Glastonbury. One/two nights down the SE Corner, one at the T&C field and one around the park/rabbit hole sounds perfect to me.

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

What were the best late-night bars/spots you went to in 2019?

We ended up at the Stone Circle from about 3am-6am most nights last year, so would like to change it up a bit more this year.

i ended up in a shameful selfish OCD spiral of depression - and i think i was in bed by 10pm each night!

determined to put all that behind me me and in 2020 I'm gonna party like its 1994!

I'm not massive on music so loud you can't have a conversation so generally just end up somewhere on the periphery with music in the background & volume low enough you can chat utter drunken shite with your friends / strangers etc.

As @LondonTom says just wondering around is enough evening entertainment in itself.