The International Contingent

beefykoala

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Have asked See Tickets if they can change my tickets from Coach to non-Coach, as my options are:

Option 1: get ticket posted to mates flat in London, take one of the many flights to and from London, work from London on Australian time for a few days before festival (to save annual leave), go to festival, fly back to Sydney from London after festival.

option 2: Keep coach ticket, fly to London or Manchester, travel to Liverpool, working there for a few days in friends house (not ideal due to space), travel to festival, return to Liverpool to get laptop, fly back from Manchester to Sydney.

option 2 the housing options aren’t as great, and there’s less flights from Manchester (so more at mercy of prices).

still haven’t asked new job about working from UK for a few days, nor is it going to be ideal taking annual leave during Australian financial year end.

lots of balls in the air, would just like to lock in flights!

See Tickets won’t allow you to change from a coach package ticket to a standard ticket.

9 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Have asked See Tickets if they can change my tickets from Coach to non-Coach, as my options are:

Option 1: get ticket posted to mates flat in London, take one of the many flights to and from London, work from London on Australian time for a few days before festival (to save annual leave), go to festival, fly back to Sydney from London after festival.

option 2: Keep coach ticket, fly to London or Manchester, travel to Liverpool, working there for a few days in friends house (not ideal due to space), travel to festival, return to Liverpool to get laptop, fly back from Manchester to Sydney.

option 2 the housing options aren’t as great, and there’s less flights from Manchester (so more at mercy of prices).

still haven’t asked new job about working from UK for a few days, nor is it going to be ideal taking annual leave during Australian financial year end.

Can’t see them changing, otherwise there would be loads of people just applying for coach tickets knowing fine they would change them pre festivals as the coach sale is a few days before the general sale .  Wouldn’t do any harm asking though especially as you are part of the international contingent and unforeseen circumstances have arisen. 

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

This is specifically mentioned as not being possible, your only way to do that would be to cancel the coach ticket and take your chances in the resale, which would be madness. They may do it in extraordinary circumstances but it would set a precedence that would cause no end of issues. Good luck though, you never know. 

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Have they responded?

I would also like to know if that is possible. They should have some kind of consideration as it's been 3 years since we booked those and things have changed quite a bit.

I'm still unsure as to wether I'll be able to go. Good news is it seems I can travel to the UK without having to quarantine. My only concern is if Glastonbury will require some kind of proof of vaccination.

FYI. I am vaccinated but got 2 dosis of Sputnik and a Pfizer booster last friday. 

Edited by Calvin Klein

I would be keen to know too. 

We are trying for 2 in the resale. The issue is one of those is the spouse of a member of our group and they are flying in from Poland. She has only been to the UK once before and has never met the other one trying for a ticket. 

If we do get 2 tickets, but not the same coach/non-coach ticket I was aiming to request swap so she can travel with her spouse. We have a medical reason why it would be ideal for them to travel together but I wasn't expecting it to work tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

We are trying for 2 in the resale. The issue is one of those is the spouse of a member of our group and they are flying in from Poland. She has only been to the UK once before and has never met the other one trying for a ticket. 

If we do get 2 tickets, but not the same coach/non-coach ticket I was aiming to request swap so she can travel with her spouse. We have a medical reason why it would be ideal for them to travel together but I wasn't expecting it to work tbh. 

I would suspect  their answer will be to tell you to buy the tickets that suit your needs, if your needs change, cancel your ticket and try again in the resale for the one that suits your needs.

1 hour ago, Heather90 said:

They won't allow it I'm afraid.

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

Great to hear, mate! Who're you flying with?

Picked up flights with Singapore for less than $1500. Could have gone cheaper elsewhere if I didn't mind doing 30+ hours each way, or wasn't attached to when I want to land in the UK. Landing at 15.40 so I can get on the tube and go straight to the pub for when my mates are finishing work. 

On a separate note, it's getting toward the time where we're going to have to think about getting the Melbourne poster drop drinks sorted. 

On 2/21/2022 at 4:29 PM, Heather90 said:

Seetickets are rigid in their application of ticket rules and won't allow swapping. A friend once tried to do it and was met with firm no.

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

The financial dedication some of you have is amazing, for us travelling from Luxembourg will just cost a few hundred, travelling from the other side of the world at huge expense to sit in a muddy field in the rain is impressive. 

Ahem, it’s going to be sunny and dry.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Smeble said:

The financial dedication some of you have is amazing, for us travelling from Luxembourg will just cost a few hundred, travelling from the other side of the world at huge expense to sit in a muddy field in the rain is impressive. 

This is true and I often wonder wtf I am doing. 

3 hours ago, Smeble said:

For many of us it's not just about Glastonbury. I use a mid-year visit to catch up with friends, enjoy the UK in the summer, and spend time with my parents who aren't getting any younger. The festival is a great excuse to do that and also attend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

For many of us it's not just about Glastonbury. I use a mid-year visit to catch up with friends, enjoy the UK in the summer, and spend time with my parents who aren't getting any younger. The festival is a great excuse to do that and also attend.

This….

Without family and friends back in the UK, it would not be an easy decision to return just for the fest.

I’m normally there for at least 3 weeks, which covers the fest and my birthday.

7 hours ago, Smeble said:

Kinda helps when you can spread things out money wise. Getting the ticket being the hardest part and then just keeping an eye on flights afterwards. And having friends in the uk helps, too. The currency conversion is gonna stink but its still worth it when its a rare trip. And its gonna sprinkle a little with some nice temps and a bit of sunshine!

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

This….

Without family and friends back in the UK, it would not be an easy decision to return just for the fest.

I’m normally there for at least 3 weeks, which covers the fest and my birthday.

For 2019 i went back on my own without the family and having no remaining family there now, i just did the short time trip to do the festival only, it was a tough experience and unfortunately I now have no intention to go back until i can go for at least 3 weeks and with the family. I admire people who keep the drive to go back year after year from a great distance, its a real financial and time commitment. Fair play to you - and you deserve to sit in a dusty sun baked field for 5 days 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

I only came back for the festival once during my 5 years in NZ but was here for a month. Same thing, saw friends, family, missed a month of winter. Worked well. 

Anyone know of any routes London-Syd that atm wouldn’t require a PCR test? Don’t need one for Australia or UK, but as far as I can work out, do require one for the stop over countries (Dubai, Singapore).

have the fear of being stranded post-festival.

Edited by MaxPower

4 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone know of any routes London-Syd that atm wouldn’t require a PCR test? Don’t need one for Australia or UK, but as far as I can work out, do require one for the stop over countries (Dubai, Singapore).

Do you need one if you’re not leaving the airside part of the terminal? Or were you planning on leaving the airport for a bit?

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

I thought covid regs were down to the final destination country, for instance we visited northern Cyprus recently and we needed a PCR test to go there because the TRNC requires it but we didn’t need a test to come back to Luxembourg via Istanbul because Luxembourg doesn’t require a test.

5 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Do you need one if you’re not leaving the airside part of the terminal? Or were you planning on leaving the airport for a bit?

@Smeble

nah when I flew to Sydney recently from Ireland I needed a PCR because of Dubai’s requirements, even tho I was only there for an hour. 

Singapore also explicitly require it.