The International Contingent

beefykoala

On 3/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, dazednconfused said:

Did anyone figure out the international ticket collection question yet?

One of our party will need to collect but we are camper van-ing. Would we really need to get to Gate A first, collect and drive all the way round again? Will box office be open Tuesday??? (Might have to be a very early start from London on Tuesday) (currently waiting on reply from Festival on this as well…)

For those who wondered, Festival replied with a “we believe Box Office will be PGA” 

sounds like they don’t actually know yet.

I’ll mentally prepare for a trip to PGA before hitting CV East… what a ball ache! 

27 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

For those who wondered, Festival replied with a “we believe Box Office will be PGA” 

sounds like they don’t actually know yet.

I’ll mentally prepare for a trip to PGA before hitting CV East… what a ball ache! 

Sounds like we need more people to email them so that understand how much of a pain in the hole it's going to be...

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Could they do some kind of drive through pickup option …. Still a bloody pain though 😞 

If they do, then they need to do it well clear of the site - ie not Gate A. Somewhere like B&W might work, or maybe one of the laybys approaching the site on the A361.

Just now, incident said:

If they do, then they need to do it well clear of the site - ie not Gate A. Somewhere like B&W might work, or maybe one of the laybys approaching the site on the A361.

Yeah traffic management wouldn’t be great … I remember when they had a drop off and collect somewhere up near gate A … now shifted to bath and west though presume that caused issues and that’s why it went …

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

Sounds like we need more people to email them so that understand how much of a pain in the hole it's going to be...

Email away. Particularly as they clearly haven’t solidified a plan yet. 

I did reply to them doubling down on the entirely ignored part of the question I asked. Can my friend get into CV East without collecting first… 

The walk around site might well be quicker than driving! 

Is it better to email See or the festival?

We're going to Worthy View by car, and timing is tight. We were aiming to arrive Friday morning but if we have to factor in an hour or two to get to PGA and get the tickets that's going to be tricky. This whole story is making us rethink our plans...

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Crikey, so everyone outside the UK has to go to PGA first regardless of how they’re arriving at the festival? Wow. 

Festivals says they basically do not know yet. Reply to querying their answer: 

We don’t currently have any information on this currently. Please feel free to get back in touch a bit nearer the time when we will hopefully be able to advise further.”

I shall email See as well, for good measure. 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:17 AM, Homer said:

It's a well-known fact that most kiwi efestivals live in the brewery in Hobsonville.

Opposite problem here - bit gutted that the wife can't make  it as she is using up her hols to see her family for the first time in over two years (they live in Hobsonville - obvs).

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And the daughter and grandkids of a Scottish efester also live there, and grandad can wait to get back to the little creatures at hobsonville point! 

I wouldn’t go to Hobsonville Brewery, the little creatures are actually moth’s. Place is infested with ‘em 😉

I emailed Glasto about ticket collection, specifying that I was really curious on the logistics of picking up a car pass at gate A. They kindly suggested I contacted See.

Got a massively generic and useless answer from See, basically saying "sorry but we indeed don't ship internationally"

So yes, we didn't get much further but hopefully that's my drop of pressure to get this matter sorted.

On 3/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, Watergirl said:

One year - a good while ago admittedly - I spent an entire afternoon in a ticket collection queue. Got to the site at around 1 p.m. (Wednesday).  Had my ticket by 6 p.m.  As I stood in the queue I watched the field where I wanted to camp fill up. Very frustrating.

It is not my problem this year, as I am volunteering, but I would say put pressure on both the office and See, because they haven't thought this through.  This affects a large number of people and could potentially ruin day one.  That time that I queued to collect my ticket all afternoon, I was a pedestrian, arriving by coach at PG A, so not even as complicated as folks who have to get to camper fields after collecting.

Don't forget that the ticket office open time is also key. Will it be open from Tuesday for Campervans? Will it close overnight and if so, when will it open again? Will it be pointless for Internationals to arrive early Wednesday morning if the office doesn't open until an hour or so before the gates?

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

When do international tickets usually get sent ? I’d be putting the pressure on well before that date … the only reversal or ways to solve it would be ticket offices away from the farm or revert to tickets posted again 

Usually around the same time as everyone else... from memory it's close enough, maybe a 3 or so weeks before the festival.

16 minutes ago, moogster said:

Does anyone have an idea of how many tickets are sold internationally? I'd imagine quite a big Irish crowd?

(Apologies if the answer is in the first twenty pages of the discussion)

Yeah, I'd imagine it's considerable enough - and the that's also not including the UK customers who opt for collection (and as someone stated earlier, even before this the queue was a few hours long)

One work around is if you have family in the UK get your tickets sent to them, obviously there are logistical issues with this option, if your family is in Scotland then it’s no solution.

before this issue came to light we opted to get our tickets sent to my parents in the midlands rather than risk the post to where we live as it’s been slow as hell post Brexit and during covid.

it does mean going over to the UK a few days early and going a few hundred miles out of our way but it does also mean seeing my parents who are not getting any younger.

I realise this is probably not an option for most people.

actually thinking about it, is it an option at all if you have paid with a ‘foreign’ credit card?

Edited by Smeble

I don't think the credit card would be an issue... I used to go to the UK for work so could just happen to pay with my private non-UK card and have it sent there. Should have stayed at that job a year longer...

I am wondering if that mail forward thingy is safe (a few pages back). I mean I'm sure it is but I would so stress out...

9 minutes ago, moogster said:

I am wondering if that mail forward thingy is safe (a few pages back). I mean I'm sure it is but I would so stress out...

If it’s the thing I linked to then yes, it’s safe - but the real question is timing. If the festival aren’t posting internationally, they may not give enough time for that to happen which would undermine any international forwarding you arrange yourself. 

The safest but most inconvenient option is just to collect at the box office. 

If you can get to Frome, you’re welcome to have them sent to my Frome address and pick them up from me on the Monday or Tuesday before, but I appreciate the offer from a stranger won’t exactly feel iron clad either. If that’s of interest, drop me a DM.

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1