The International Contingent

beefykoala

2 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Can anyone offer advice re: covid testing to fly?  I'm finding a lot of conflicting information.  

Do you need to test from leaving EU to UK?  UK to US? within the EU? 

As it currently stands there are absolutely no restrictions on travelling to England ( covid is a devolved matter so each constituent country has its own rules) from the EU or anywhere else,  you don’t even need to be vaccinated.

Gov.uk is the only website to look at for the UK.

the EU and Europe is more complicated, for there refer to re-open.europa.eu. Each country has different rules, it depends where you are coming from and your personal situation.

• Like 1

I haven't booked my flights even yet.. I usually have all this done months ago but I want to go to somewhere in the EU before and hoping the rules will change, but now it's getting too close and I need to make decisions. Been pretty depressed for a while now and trying to remind myself that I want this badly 

I think im going to try to not be in London on the Tuesday... but I haven't made my plans yet. I found it was easier getting the bus out of Glastonbury town last year... but this year with the will-call lineup I wonder if that's even worth doing. Too many unknowns right now, I need to sort my shit out. 

I'd be keen to meet up on site for a pint the Weds or Thursday though, or Tuesday in London if I end up staying there.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:37 AM, MetaKate said:

I haven't booked my flights even yet.. I usually have all this done months ago but I want to go to somewhere in the EU before and hoping the rules will change, but now it's getting too close and I need to make decisions. Been pretty depressed for a while now and trying to remind myself that I want this badly 

I think im going to try to not be in London on the Tuesday... but I haven't made my plans yet. I found it was easier getting the bus out of Glastonbury town last year... but this year with the will-call lineup I wonder if that's even worth doing. Too many unknowns right now, I need to sort my shit out. 

I'd be keen to meet up on site for a pint the Weds or Thursday though, or Tuesday in London if I end up staying there.

Anywhere in particular in the EU? The rules are fairly loose now across Europe. I have to travel a bit for work and the most strict I saw was Austria at the start of the year (3G rule - fully vaxed in the last 270 days and if longer, proof of booster or recovery) but even at that, I see they've loosened up quite a bit too.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, phibs said:

I saw a comment from someone on Instagram that seetickets will now post to Ireland if you contact them to specifically request this. I was sceptical but sent them an email anyway, and they did actually get back to me on Thursday and said they can arrange to post to Ireland.

True story - all our tickets have been updated to postage thankfully.

Worth pressing them on it!

On 4/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Calvin Klein said:

I'll be in London for a couple of weeks prior to Glastonbury. Then back to London to catch LCD Soundsystem and then to Spain to visit my parents for a week. Then home. 

This all sounds very familiar.

Arrive in London from NZ on 15/6. May try see Sharon Van Etten at Brixton. Go to Glastonbury. Quick trip to Spain to see my Nan. Back in London in time for LCD on the Saturday. Then the long slog home a couple of days later.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ollie7490 said:

This all sounds very familiar.

Arrive in London from NZ on 15/6. May try see Sharon Van Etten at Brixton. Go to Glastonbury. Quick trip to Spain to see my Nan. Back in London in time for LCD on the Saturday. Then the long slog home a couple of days later.

I am considering SVE as well. I am a bit afraid about indoor gigs though. Don't wanna catch it while I'm there 😞

Hello international contingent,

Thought I'd say hi as this is my first time coming from abroad (9th Glastonbury though). Flying from Hanoi, Vietnam on 12th June and very excited. First time back home in nearly 3 years and the 2019 festival feels like forever ago! 

Feels very strange to only have a week to check, sort and pack my things etc, trying to think what I can do here before I leave!

Just a heads up to international travellers: 

We're at the airport checking in for our flight (Emirates) and an additional layer of digital beaurocracy is in place for some destinations:

The traveller locator form.

https://www.euplf.eu/web/index-2.html

It's a bitch to fill in on your phone, so check with your airline if you need it, and do it well before you go.

Edited by BlackZeppelin
  • Upvote 2

Sigh, has anyone had recent luck in getting their international tickets posted to a UK address?  I've read a few pages back this has happened, but See is telling me over and over it's not possible.

If you did have luck, could you let me know the name of the rep at See you dealt with?  My guy Christopher L doesn't want to help me out...

11 minutes ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Sigh, has anyone had recent luck in getting their international tickets posted to a UK address?  I've read a few pages back this has happened, but See is telling me over and over it's not possible.

If you did have luck, could you let me know the name of the rep at See you dealt with?  My guy Christopher L doesn't want to help me out...

I'm not certain, but all the anecdotal reports have come from people in Ireland rather than further afield.

Out of curiosity, how many of you bring a flag of where you come from? I'm pretty sure a lot of the foreign flags are just from folks enjoying a visible and different visual point of reference.

(We bring a Japanese purchased koi fish flag for our tent, although not being Japanese)

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Out of curiosity, how many of you bring a flag of where you come from? I'm pretty sure a lot of the foreign flags are just from folks enjoying a visible and different visual point of reference.

(We bring a Japanese purchased koi fish flag for our tent, although not being Japanese)

We have a Bhutan flag which was given to us in 2017 by a friend who had taken it several times previously, but was retiring from festivals. We took it again in 2019 and to Worthy pastures in 2021.
His retirement is ending soon by the way, as he's off to Primavera. 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:57 PM, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I am also dealing with Christopher L.  I have been hounding him about posting our tickets (we are in Ireland).  Posting to Ireland is definately not going to happen so I asked him is it possible to get them posted to a UK address.  He came back to me earlier today and said to update my details with the UK address, confirm to him I have done it and then he will 'remove the collection' bit.  

I haven't done it yet though so can't confirm what happens next.  Bit nervous about it to be honest.  There are 19 of us so we are either all going to do it or none of us are.  

6 hours ago, Hugh with a P said:

I am also dealing with Christopher L.  I have been hounding him about posting our tickets (we are in Ireland).  Posting to Ireland is definately not going to happen so I asked him is it possible to get them posted to a UK address.  He came back to me earlier today and said to update my details with the UK address, confirm to him I have done it and then he will 'remove the collection' bit.  

I haven't done it yet though so can't confirm what happens next.  Bit nervous about it to be honest.  There are 19 of us so we are either all going to do it or none of us are.  

Yeah, I was thinking about updating my address as well.  Right now, going back and forth on what's the bigger risk - waiting in a potentially long line at Gate A, or trying to get them posted to one of our group's mom's house. I worry she'll get the tickets and put them in a drawer and forget where they are!  I'm arriving by coach Wednesday later afternoon, so figure I might just take my chances with the ticket pick up.  

Is anyone else Travelling back via USA? I'm bricking it about testing positive. Pre departure test (negative result) 1 day before still needed, plus doubled vaxed (which I am, boosted even) even if transferring through.

Flights booked 9th June -  NZ to UK (Via USA)

Not only will be gutted about missing Glastonbury, I also haven't seen my family for 3 and half years.