The International Contingent

beefykoala

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone know of any routes London-Syd that atm wouldn’t require a PCR test? Don’t need one for Australia or UK, but as far as I can work out, do require one for the stop over countries (Dubai, Singapore).

have the fear of being stranded post-festival.

Qatar? China? 

China Southern have been offering lots of cheap flights recently - could be an option. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Here are the current policies of a few airlines:

Cathay Pacific - can only transit if you're travelling from a 'non high risk' country (until 15th March)

Emirates - no test required if transiting

Malaysia Airlines - no test required if transiting

Singapore Airlines - no test required if transiting

Are you sure about Singapore? I’m sure I read recently that a PCR was required for transiting. 

for Emirates, I flew 3 weeks ago  and need a PCR for transiting

I have so much damn anxiety about the whole thing its taking the fun out of it and I'm not at all excited. 

I've had a shit couple of years just like everyone I suppose... but the idea of going solo this year feels kinda hard. 

I guess I pay my balance tomorrow and hope for the best? Book some flights? 

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

I have so much damn anxiety about the whole thing its taking the fun out of it and I'm not at all excited. 

I've had a shit couple of years just like everyone I suppose... but the idea of going solo this year feels kinda hard. 

I'm not looking forward to the trip either, but it will be worth it when we get there.

With the last two miserable years behind us, it will be the biggest party that the planet has ever seen.

Imagine the Saturday night sing-along with Macca followed by The Chems at Pangea...you need to be there for that.

• Upvote 1

I tried to pay the balances for our international order, and the booking site doesn't let you choose the delivery method:

Delivery

Box Office Collection

Your tickets will be available for collection from the venue box office on the day. You will need to quote your order reference number and must provide a payment card or ID matching your booking details. All members of your party must arrive together, and tickets will not be issued without proof of booking.

Is it the same for you?

Being not very far from UK, I have always received my tickets well in time in the past, and I find it way more comfortable.

The festival website says :

INTERNATIONAL TICKETS will be sent out by registered international post. You can track your international ticket order via www.royalmail.com by entering your Track and Trace number which is available via See Tickets’ order tracker. To access the order tracker you will require your email address and booking reference number. If it is likely you will set off for the Festival more than 28 days before the event commences, please select the option for ‘Box Office Collection’ when paying your ticket balance.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#DISP

• Upvote 1

Well this is a pain in the ass... As I mentioned in the other thread, we ploughed ahead hoping we'd get an option for delivery eventually. Box Office Collection was the only option. Looks like the Ticket Collection Box Office is at Gate A... that's an added hassle we didn't need for Wednesday morning

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Ah, that sucks.

You'll know better than I do from these forums that solo's often say they have such a great time albeit I know it would defo make me anxious doing it too.

That said, and I'm not sure if this makes things any easier, but I'm sure there's any number of people here that would be happy for you to join their gang, ourselves included (a few of which don't know each anyway outside of the ticket WhatsApp group we created back in in 2018). 

I think get your ticket and then feel things out over the coming month or so. Besides, I think the anxiety of following these forums in the lead up knowing that you could have been there would be far worse! 🙂

4 hours ago, netspy said:

I tried to pay the balances for our international order, and the booking site doesn't let you choose the delivery method:

Is it the same for you?

Being not very far from UK, I have always received my tickets well in time in the past, and I find it way more comfortable.

The festival website says :

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#DISP

How do we think this "Box Office Collection" system will work for International arrivals who are travelling via campervan.

Usually, you display the campervan pass on the windscreen a few miles from the festival site and your festival tickets are checked on entry to the campervan fields.

Are we going to have to bring the campervan to Gate A before heading to the campervan fields? Or will they put international tickets with campervan tickets at a dedicated Collection Point?

Either way, seems really awkward!!

12 minutes ago, Festivalnut87 said:

How do we think this "Box Office Collection" system will work for International arrivals who are travelling via campervan.

Usually, you display the campervan pass on the windscreen a few miles from the festival site and your festival tickets are checked on entry to the campervan fields.

Are we going to have to bring the campervan to Gate A before heading to the campervan fields? Or will they put international tickets with campervan tickets at a dedicated Collection Point?

Either way, seems really awkward!!

Yeah same for worthy view they always posted tickets to Ireland in the past going to so annoying if Everyone has to go to gate A first then back over to worthy view! Assuming this not posting to Ireland is another GREAT outcome of Brexit

9 minutes ago, The_Wiseman said:

Yeah same for worthy view they always posted tickets to Ireland in the past going to so annoying if Everyone has to go to gate A first then back over to worthy view! Assuming this not posting to Ireland is another GREAT outcome of Brexit

Definitely another Brexit outcome!! 

I can't see any process they introduce for campervan/Worthy View ticket holders being more straight forward than the previous postal system! 

I've popped an email off to the ticket office to see what process we can expect. 

Still not paid it yet. 

I guess the thing that bothers me the most of uncertainty. Too many variables in the air. If for some reason something changes (cancelation, travel policies, vaccines mandates, etc) I could lose a lot of money 😞

A poster would help, if only to get me excited and make me pay it 😄

4 minutes ago, Yg23 said:

😔 I really hope they'll change it back.... the new policy seems like such a hassle to have when arriving

I know we are lucky to have tickets and we shouldn't complain. But I'm really pissed off by this stupid decision, which also forces us all to arrive at the same time, or to pay a £10 fee for each ticket. For £10, I would have thought SeeTickets had enough to pay for the envelope and postage.

6 minutes ago, netspy said:

I know we are lucky to have tickets and we shouldn't complain. But I'm really pissed off by this stupid decision, which also forces us all to arrive at the same time, or to pay a £10 fee for each ticket. For £10, I would have thought SeeTickets had enough to pay for the envelope and postage.

yeah, and if it's about the shipping prices rising since the pandemic began, they should've at least offered us the option to pay an expensive delivery fee, rather than fully removing the international delivery option

Edited by Yg23

Damn... I really hope they put more ticket collection points in and maybe some sort of system to nominate your collection point. And not to mention have the collection point open well in advance of the gates.

I can't help but worry that we're going to be hit by two queues now. One to get our tickets and then one to actually get in.

24 minutes ago, netspy said:

I hear you, its pissed me off too. The fact that one person can't collect all tickets is ridiculous - they were getting posted to one address anyway!

1 hour ago, netspy said:

Spot the difference ...

A few minutes ago :

image.png.9e5f342a33c074f8e6818120e7fd8c18.png

Now :

image.png.570bf9d51997a2c2a9fd4c19c973327f.png

😞 😞 😞

Well that's going to cause a poor See Tickets rep a lot of hassle in a portacabin that they don't usually have to deal with, not to mention the stress for the ticket holders getting from either car parks/coaches/train stations to a specific pick up point, queue and give ID and make sure all people in the booking are there, then back to wherever they are planning to stay for the duration of the festival!

What a ridiculous decision! 

• Upvote 1

So glad I decided to get our tickets delivered to my parents in the UK, box office collection will be a serious pain in the arse, especially if you are in a motorhome or campervan. Bad enough sitting in the CV queue without first having to sit in a queue for the box office collection.

Its easy it you arrive by coach because the box office is right there. It took me 2 minutes to get my ticket  from there in 2017. Granted I was likely in the 1% of people who had chose to get their tickets that way. I was going to do that because I do not trust the mail system in the u.s. at the moment and wasnt going to risk it arriving late.

I do think they maybe should have offered an alternate option for international people who maybe did want it delivered to another address. Im sure plenty of people couldve had a friend or relative receive their ticket in the mail.

In 2019 one of us in the motorhome had to collect their ticket from gate A, luckily I had mine and the van pass so they let us into the fields on Tuesday. She had to walk around Pylle Road on the Wednesday to get her ticket though.

It can't be the only option to collect from gate A before heading to the campervan fields, that is going to create  nightmares for everyone, where will people park for a start - they must surely put something else in place - collect from B&W would help.

Good luck, I don't envy anyone in this situation. 

I would change address to someone in the UK - anyone you trust - anyone!

Wow, that's an unfortunate decision from See/GFL. At the very least, I think they should have box office collection points at every gate. It'll be a nightmare arriving at Gate D but having to go to Gate A to collect a ticket.

For the last few years, I've used a company called UK Post Box to handle mail that arrives for me in the UK. They provide either a PO Box or high street address in the UK to get mail sent to, and when mail arrives for me, I get a message the same day and a photo of the envelope. I then advise them whether I want them to open and scan me my mail, forward it to me internationally, or shred it. There's a nominal charge for that, but I've been using it for ages and it's a solid, reliable service. If I didn't have a UK address, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for Glasto tickets.

If you're interested, here's a link. It's a referral link (sorry) but I stand by the paragraph above. It's a great way of getting around situations like this.

Edit: I've just realised it makes no sense to have multiple collection points, as they won't know which gate people will arrive at.

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Wow, that's an unfortunate decision from See/GFL. At the very least, I think they should have box office collection points at every gate. It'll be a nightmare arriving at Gate D but having to go to Gate A to collect a ticket.

For the last few years, I've used a company called UK Post Box to handle mail that arrives for me in the UK. They provide either a PO Box or high street address in the UK to get mail sent to, and when mail arrives for me, I get a message the same day and a photo of the envelope. I then advise them whether I want them to open and scan me my mail, forward it to me internationally, or shred it. There's a nominal charge for that, but I've been using it for ages and it's a solid, reliable service. If I didn't have a UK address, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for Glasto tickets.

If you're interested, here's a link. It's a referral link (sorry) but I stand by the paragraph above. It's a great way of getting around situations like this.

Edit: I've just realised it makes no sense to have multiple collection points, as they won't know which gate people will arrive at.

Its more difficult because its not just a regular will call situation where you show id and they wristband you. The physical ticket has your photo on it so you couldnt make a bunch of duplicates and then create more waste. Although I think they could figure out a way to see how many people were doing campervan or this and that so its possible to hold tickets at a different gate. And if you dont specify then it defaults to Gate A entry. I mean I have to go to Worthy View afterwards when I get my ticket. That actually should be an option since they can look at what you have booked on your account when it comes to ticket collection. If you have WV your tickets should be waiting there since thats where you gotta go anyway.