Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

I am away on holiday until the Friday before so my main tip for this year is be prepared. I'm getting all the details in a spreadsheet before I go away and organising all the people who have offered to help me. I think we have  groups of  6 people that we'll be trying to get for. 

On the day we get every device we can and set up a station on our kitchen table. My main laptop I press F5 on but the rest just auto refresh on. 

Good luck to everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Charm said:

Definitely want tickets, sounds like a good plan but obviously if the people I have offered help to fail in the coach I will have to help them first, will let you know.  

Charm x

Thanks to you and @DareToDibble for the kind offer. I am still waiting for my group to confirm numbers but if needs be I’m happy to join with you guys.

If I get lucky in the coach sale I’m more than happy to try for folk on here come Sunday morning.

I always try to help others on here who I know are frequent posters (I've tried for strangers too!). 

Last year  I failed for someone else somehow on the processing screen - sorry @DareToDibble still can't believe what happened there. But the year before I helped a few others successfully. 

I'm helping some with links to people on here in the coach sale - I was going to help someone else but the coach would have been too much. And in the main sale I will help others too. 

I think it's important that we do - I don't use the term we in an elitist way either - I think it helps the boards on here and is in keeping with the ethos. 

I sincerely hope, this time in 12 days, we will all be planning next June.

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I always try to help others on here who I know are frequent posters (I've tried for strangers too!). 

Last year was the I failed for someone else properly - sorry @DareToDibble still can't believe what happened there. But the year before I helped a few others successfully. 

I'm helping some with links to people on here in the coach sale - I was going to help someone else but the coach would have been too much. And in the main sale I will help others too. 

I think it's important that we do - I don't use the term we in an elitist way either - I think it helps the boards on here and is in keeping with the ethos. 

I sincerely hope, this time in 12 days, we will all be planning next June.

Thanks again for trying mate... was a strange situation that. Frustratingly close to securing tickets!!!

Luckily enough it didn’t matter in the end... god bless @eFestivals :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

Thanks again for trying mate... was a strange situation that. Frustratingly close to securing tickets!!!

Luckily enough it didn’t matter in the end... god bless @eFestivals :D 

I know - it relieved my guilt no end! Hopefully none of us will need resales or competitions after next week!

• Like 1

Anyone else go individually as part of a large group of friends who are in couples / married? 

My wife isn't a fan of the festival so i've always considered myself to be a weak link in the ticket process as it makes more sense to sort couples out first to make up the six tickets?

8 hours ago, deckchair92 said:

Probably been answered already here but I'm trying for me and my missus, first time trying, I'll be in my flat with laptop and phone, she'll be at hers with 2 laptops and a tablet. Does using the same internet connection for multiple devices hinder trying to get tickets?

The advice from the festival is usually ‘yes’ it may hinder your chances, by confusing the system, much better for one of you to try from a different IP address if at all possible.

49 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Anyone else go individually as part of a large group of friends who are in couples / married? 

My wife isn't a fan of the festival so i've always considered myself to be a weak link in the ticket process as it makes more sense to sort couples out first to make up the six tickets?

Me!! But I always recruit one other single person to make up the numbers (and make myself indespensible by being the queen of organisation)

15 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

I mean we’re all very helpful on here but can’t help feeling used when randos start topics asking things that have been answered countless times in active threads if they bothered to have a look around. I’ve found tonnes of useful information in archived topics. Everything a newbie needs to know is here somewhere. 

I was thinking more about the people who turn up a day or two before and start throwing their numbers and postcodes up in the hope someone will help them out.

I usually use a work PC that has two screens and an excel spreadsheet with reg numbers and post codes (just find it easier to copy from here as I spend my work days staring at excel). But saying that for 2017 I got through on 4G on my phone while trying to set up our annual McMillan coffee morning and wrestling sharpies off a small child. So maybe it is sheer luck and positivity?  

This year no ones been very committal in forming a group out of the people I usually go with so it might just be me and my boyfriend. 

24 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was thinking more about the people who turn up a day or two before and start throwing their numbers and postcodes up in the hope someone will help them out.

Every year there are always those who do it during (or most amusingly just after) the sale itself - sometimes including details that they really shouldn't put in a public forum. 

1 minute ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I assume if you're in a group and one member gets through and gets tickets then it simply wouldn't allow another member of the same group to also get through to buy them? Not sure if that makes sense.

Once a ticket has been allocated to your registration the system blocks that reg from having any more tickets allocated. So if you type the number in it won't let you past that screen until it has been removed.