TBAs 2019

Tuna

2 hours ago, mcshed said:

We've had to bump her up from the John Peel to the Other because of the crowd she'll draw but it'll be fine if she pops up in a tiny tent as well?

It won't be Billy Ellish, but all the acts who play the TBA's in Introducing will be way too big for the tent (last time included Glass Animals, George Ezra, Blossoms, Slaves). Expect Sam Fender will probably be in there this year, and he'll have JP bursting at the seams.

30 minutes ago, briddj said:

It won't be Billy Ellish, but all the acts who play the TBA's in Introducing will be way too big for the tent (last time included Glass Animals, George Ezra, Blossoms, Slaves). Expect Sam Fender will probably be in there this year, and he'll have JP bursting at the seams.

The XX too the other year, (Think they were headlining the Other stage the same year). 

My guesses would be the likes of Sam Fender, Jade Bird and Lewis Capaldi

On 5/29/2019 at 6:27 PM, Matt42 said:

I was coming in here to suggest if the TBA was Bombay and whether Wilderness had sold out? But if it looks like the TBA is because Diplo pulled out then I doubt it is them.

they could be drafted last minute? Hmm

doesn't look likely.

They've just announced a couple of 'festival warm up shows', and they're just before Wilderness.

22 hours ago, eFestivals said:

someone posted the other day to say they'd spokemn to the amazons and they won't be there.

I work with the drummers Dad and we chat about the festival daily as he loves it to. Not mentioned a word about them at the farm so doubt it is happening.

Lauren Laverne played Foals and Iggy back to back..... without saying too much about them. I think every track on the show up to that point were appearing this year.

Foals would seem a strong possibility for one of them, but what are the chances of Iggy “popping” across from Scandinavia?

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

11 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lauren Laverne played Foals and Iggy back to back..... without saying too much about them. I think every track on the show up to that point were appearing this year.

Foals would seem a strong possibility for one of them, but what are the chances of Iggy “popping” across from Scandinavia?

Not quite, every band she played up until Iggy Pop was playing this year. Iggy Pop was the first one she played of the bands who had played previous and mention the year as to 2007 was a year she was pregnant she said. Same for stevie wonder and 2010.

She played Foals straight after IP and She didn’t even acknowledged Foals at all, didn’t say they’d played previously or anything. 

Which set everyone off think they were one of the tbas.

11 minutes ago, Divein said:

Not quite, every band she played up until Iggy Pop was playing this year. Iggy Pop was the first one she played of the bands who had played previous and mention the year as to 2007 was a year she was pregnant she said. Same for stevie wonder and 2010.

She played Foals straight after IP and She didn’t even acknowledged Foals at all, didn’t say they’d played previously or anything. 

Which set everyone off think they were one of the tbas.

We were all assuming they were gonna be one of the TBAs anyway long before the lineup was out but this was a nice further hint straight from the horses... playlist. 

This Janet vs possibly Foals clash is really getting to me more than any other clash. Never gonna get the chance to see Janet again (for a reasonable price, anyway) but Foals at the Park will be insane. God I hope Janet isn’t shite when I inevitably choose her.

5 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Am curious about the early doors Saturday  Park TBA. Earlier I speculated Suede, but it just seems too odd a slot for them. Do we think it is an actual special guest or a late drop-out? 

I think it may be a vacant slot left by Santigold pulling out and will just be filled with a normal sized Park opener which will be announced before the festival, but that’s just my best guess that could be way off (she did pull out a while ago after all). If it remains a TBA I’ll be in the area anyway for Four Tet’s early set so will check it out.

7 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Am curious about the early doors Saturday  Park TBA. Earlier I speculated Suede, but it just seems too odd a slot for them. Do we think it is an actual special guest or a late drop-out? 

Can't imagine it being anyone big, someone like Confidence Man might be the call.

(Bloody hope not as Mrs Jass has already set her marker down for Proclaimers that time)

just heard Pillow Person (aka Sarah Jones of Hot Chip)  new single on Radio 6.  liked what I heard and she would make a nice addition to the line up

Edited by Bennykill

49 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

For me, hopefully no one good. There's no way I'm missing The Cat Empire on Other; the band I want to see the second most all weekend (annoyingly their headline slot clashes with The Chems who are my #1).