TBAs 2019

Tuna

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

And the fact that it will be massively busy. I think 2013 or 2014 might be the last time I've managed to get in there for the secret acts. 

Really?! Thanks for the heads up!

If I've got any preference over the other slots it's:

Sat Park 18:15 - The Japanese House

The others don't matter because plans have already been made (albeit they always go tits up). 

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Have secret sets been listed as ‘TBA’ before or have they always been ‘SPECIAL GUESTS’? I can’t quite remember.

Elbow were listed as TBA in 2017. I think special guests has always been for a headliner hasn't it?

Edited by kingcrawler

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Elbow were listed as TBA in 2017. I think special guests has always been for a headliner hasn't it?

Ok I think you’re right. I just had a sweat on thinking we’ve all been speculating about this stuff when it’s actually someone smaller who’s - as described - yet to be announced.

12 hours ago, Little Andy said:

Surely its most likely the TBA simply hasn't been booked yet? It has to be announced in advance, very few people are gonna go to a TBA at headliner time, and it'd be weird to change your headliner because you heard a TBA rumour on the day itself,

The TBAs on BBC Intro are all big newer acts. Expect Sam Fender in there on the Friday I reckon.

A couple of the other TBA will be proper surprises/secrets though some others will be booking issues (like the mysterious Diplo/JPT situation).

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can anyone remember how to set up SMS alerts from tweets? There have been a couple of queries sent to @SecretGlasto and it'd be good to tweet a link out.

Edit: Looks like I've been corrected below. It may be network specific - I definitely had to use an external service last couple of times. But lazzareo may know better. 

I think you have to use something like IFTTT or Zapier. I used the latter last time.

Used to be able to do it direct from Twitter, those were the days :(

Edited by zeppelin

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can anyone remember how to set up SMS alerts from tweets? There have been a couple of queries sent to @SecretGlasto and it'd be good to tweet a link out.

There should be a bell icon on the page you are following and can set then up from there.

Instructions here > https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/sms-text-notifications

Edited by lazzareo

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations/twitter/16655/secretglasto-sms-notifications

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

There should be a bell icon on the page you are following and can set then up from there.

Instructions here > https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/sms-text-notifications

This doesn't work for me, just been doing some testing. I think it's dependant on what network you're on which is why I had to use Zapier last time. 

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Looks like a 14 day trial period? We'll tweet it closer to the time.

Pretty sure it was a 14 day trial period when I set it up in 2017....and I still get all the secret Glasto stuff through as sms...don’t even have a twitter account anymore!!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Looks like a 14 day trial period? We'll tweet it closer to the time.

The 14 day trial is for the "premium" service that allows you to set up more events and ones with multi-step actions. Once the trial is over, it defaults to the free service - if this is the only thing the account is being used for, then the free version will be enough.

I've been using the free service for this since Glastonbury 20something (probably 15) and still get the messages through every time, including one last night albeit truncated to fit in an sms. They do have a limit of 15 messages an hour, but I seriously hope that's not going to be hit..

23 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

This doesn't work for me, just been doing some testing. I think it's dependant on what network you're on which is why I had to use Zapier last time. 

Works a treat for me and I'm on Vodafone.  Only thing I would add is I had to set it up from the desktop site and not via the App.

58 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

IFTTT will do unlimited push notifications, so if you have a phone that can run the IFTTT app then that's the best bet.

Problem is, that still relies on mobile data. If you're doing that, you might as well use a dedicated twitter app.. The reason for going to SMS is that it can be a bit more reliable on a festival site if data is struggling.

11 hours ago, incident said:

So does this send an SMS of the tweet text itself, or just a notification that a tweet has been posted?

Never mind, I've set it up and you do get an sms of the tweet itself, but the message is truncated. 

Edited by barkley87
Tried it and answered my own question