Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

23 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

I always carry a 'bag fork', those wooden things set my teeth on edge.

This prompted me into buying some funky sporks. I can't bear the wooden forks so thanks for reminding me of the horror. Fully prepared now. :D 

Haven't managed to read all 29 pages so apologies of this has been posted already. 

One for the ladies, if you hold on to the bottom of the long drop door and lean back you will (providing your average height) hover over the hole... doubles as a stabliser after a few ciders and keeps the door closed if the lock is broken ?

• Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Woffy said:

88F3303B-84E3-4B94-A1B8-F5305F82F25A.jpeg

Where I work metal cutlery is not allowed.  I've got one of these spork thingies that was my daughters when she was little, it's bright yellow.  The looks I get when I break out a yoghurt, people ask me if I have a disorder of some sort.  They're not for the real world folks. :lol:

22 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just ordered these ones. Stainless steel so easier to keep clean and don't like the texture of plastic either. 51z-0QS+ASL._SX679_.jpg

Well they’re very sw*nky! 

21 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

Where I work metal cutlery is not allowed.  I've got one of these spork thingies that was my daughters when she was little, it's bright yellow.  The looks I get when I break out a yoghurt, people ask me if I have a disorder of some sort.  They're not for the real world folks. :lol:

Ha! I might take mine into work tomorrow and see if I get any looks / comments!*

I’ve started eating my Greek low fat yoghurt at work with a teaspoon...I love that yoghurt so much that I’ve convinced myself that if I use a teaspoon it last longer! 

*If nothing else it’s at least s good excuse for me to crowbar Glastonbury into yet another conversation!

2 hours ago, Lou1983 said:

Haven't managed to read all 29 pages so apologies of this has been posted already. 

One for the ladies, if you hold on to the bottom of the long drop door and lean back you will (providing your average height) hover over the hole... doubles as a stabliser after a few ciders and keeps the door closed if the lock is broken ?

Or just sit on the loo like a normal person?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Lou1983 said:

Or you could just give the seat a quick wipe and sit down like a normal human being and not leave a load of shit/piss for the next person to deal with ???

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Judging by this thread, I might be alone in this but: been going since 2003, never used the lock-ups. Sequester things under ground mats, hide spare cash in socks and slot bags inside rucksacks, always have a bum bag and spread essentials out into zipped pockets where needed. But...no lock-ups. Reading back through tips, I didn't realise how common they were.

Is this an anti-hack? Have I been dicing with death, several oblivious yet successful rounds of Russian roulette?

I would forget where I'd put things (I do this at home regularly).  Far easier just to put everything in the lock up.  Why make life so difficult?  What's the point of avoiding lock-ups - it's not as though it costs anything!  And you can get loo roll from them too!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Judging by this thread, I might be alone in this but: been going since 2003, never used the lock-ups. Sequester things under ground mats, hide spare cash in socks and slot bags inside rucksacks, always have a bum bag and spread essentials out into zipped pockets where needed. But...no lock-ups. Reading back through tips, I didn't realise how common they were.

Is this an anti-hack? Have I been dicing with death, several oblivious yet successful rounds of Russian roulette?

Can't be bothered with them either. Just extra time, queuing and admin.

Granted, I may have a different perspective in 4 weeks time after I've been pickpocketed inside my sleeping bag.

8 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

There are two types of people in this world...

? My view may be tempered by the fact that my tent was gone through my first time at Glasto - pretty thoroughly too!   And then again the third time!  And as well as not being reliable enough to remember where I'd put things, I am also a worrier and would worry about losing my ticket home, my bag etc.  I am usually organised but have moments where I can be scatty (putting things down and forgetting to pick them up, dropping my football ticket in the loo, failing to ensure my bag was secure on the Paris metro) so it just makes sense to me.

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't be bothered with them either. Just extra time, queuing and admin.

Granted, I may have a different perspective in 4 weeks time after I've been pickpocketed inside my sleeping bag.

I just love having my car keys securely locked up. The thought of trying to leave on Monday and not being able to find my keys fills me with dread! Better to have it squared away and then get on with having a blast! 

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah to note: never in a car situation, don't bring a passport, no young tykes (yet) to look after. A little less life and death if losses or theft occur. Probably sets in casual attitude.

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences @Beerqueen – that really does suck.

Ah but the happy thing (sorry I've had a drink so can't think of a better word)is that it wasn't a bad experience because they got fuck all - we just shrugged and said fuck them - because everything of value was in the lock ups!

I use the lockups for stuff I just don't want to lose, rather than much in the way of valuables: door keys, coach ticket, passport (brought for ID) and probably a bit of emergency cash in case my card gets lost or stolen. I wouldn't put my phone or wallet in every day just because it would require me remembering to do so on my way home. Do always worry about them getting nicked while I'm sleeping but card can be cancelled and phone isn't awesome anyway (due an upgrade soon). Nothing else in my tent is worth nicking or would bother me particularly if it was, just clothes and toiletries.

Oh and I always make the grim early morning trek to the loo as I am unable psychologically to wee into any kind of container sadly. It's really not that bad though as there's usually no queue at 6am or whatever and I can usually go back to bed. Only really bad when it's raining (which it won't).

I don't really like the thought of having a bottle of piss hanging around so quite glad my other half doesn't do this do either!

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't really like the thought of having a bottle of piss hanging around so quite glad my other half doesn't do this do either!

Urgh no, me either. I also don't think I'd be able to pee in one, but even if I could, think I'd prefer a morning stroll to the loo. My friend emerged from his tent last year with a lenor bottle and we all obvs all knew what was in it....and then he carried it around for an unfeasibly long length of time while we we were on a breakfast hunt as he didn't know what he was supposed to do with it (or maybe he just kept forgetting it was full of piss). Gross. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Urgh no, me either. I also don't think I'd be able to pee in one, but even if I could, think I'd prefer a morning stroll to the loo. My friend emerged from his tent last year with a lenor bottle and we all obvs all knew what was in it....and then he carried it around for an unfeasibly long length of time while we we were on a breakfast hunt as he didn't know what he was supposed to do with it (or maybe he just kept forgetting it was full of piss). Gross. 

Just pour it down a long drop! What else did he think he was meant to do with it?!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

There are two types of people in this world...

+1 for never before used the lock ups but considering it this time due to horror stories on here.

When it comes to it though, I probably won't be bothered. Seems like an additional faff, but then, like you, I have no car keys or children to worry about! Got a couple of quite sensible friends coming this year, so I guess if they get one I might be tempted to shove some stuff in. 

Edited by Sasperella

26 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Glad I'm not alone! Would rather keep everything piss and shit related well away from my tent, thanks. But each to their own!

On the lock-ups thing, my feeling is if I'm happy for it to get stolen then it stays in the tent, otherwise it's in the lock-up. I believe the probability of being unlucky is 1:1000 (reported thefts at about 136 in 2017), so you're pretty safe.

I use them because I just want to totally forget about any responsibility.