Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

7 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

On the comfort (lenor) bottle thing - I take a (very) weak solution of bleach with me. My daily routine, my comfort bottle is poured out into the long drops, bit of said weak bleach (we're talking detol spray strength) and my comfort bottle is clean fresh and lovely.

If bleach too strong you burn your knob the following day, you don't know you've done it until a few hours later when there's a fire down below. That's never happened, ever.

If you empty the bottle into long drops or compost toilets isn’t there a risk that the bleach could kill all of the bacteria that break it down into fertiliser?  I know that for septic tanks bleach is a big no-no.  

6 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

Do you all sleep naked? Or are you embarrassed by your my little pony pyjamas?

I do... but even with no real sense of shame about that I gotta say try taking a bottle.

When you need it at silly o'clock and it's having a nice morning shower to damp the dust down and you don't end up in a miserable way you'll feel so chuffed you'll take a bottle every year without fail.

5 hours ago, tarw said:

If you empty the bottle into long drops or compost toilets isn’t there a risk that the bleach could kill all of the bacteria that break it down into fertiliser?  I know that for septic tanks bleach is a big no-no.  

Not an issue, if I put that much in my bottle then you'd spot me running around hold me bits shouting a lot.

I hate the taste of the tap water at festivals, always find there's a slight hint of chlorine especially if you've filled up a large container at camp and leave it. I've just bought some of these charcoal water filters that you can just pop in your bottle and they remove some of the impurities that leave that funny taste, looks like you have to let it work for half hour or so but if you're using a steel bottle it should still be cold once you get to it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-Charcoal-Filters-Bottles-Carafe/dp/B01AC52VHW/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?adgrpid=57329058630&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-cKL-dPH4gIVB53tCh2_dgxIEAAYAiAAEgK6X_D_BwE&hvadid=259112980290&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1007229&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3254931396766324806&hvtargid=kwd-105150340&hydadcr=16881_1798498&keywords=charcoal+water+filter&qid=1559370556&s=gateway&sr=8-3

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

I Was in the corner shop earlier and spotted Bonjela reduced to 33p so bought two tubes. 

Got home, peeled off the reduced label and it’s Bonjela teething gel for babies. 

Will it still do the job do we reckon? 

Got any new teeth coming through?

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

I Was in the corner shop earlier and spotted Bonjela reduced to 33p so bought two tubes. 

Got home, peeled off the reduced label and it’s Bonjela teething gel for babies. 

Will it still do the job do we reckon? 

Depends on the job you had planned for it.....

On 5/14/2019 at 5:11 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

When we've done this we actually put the foil between the inner and outer parts of the tent, so would be tricky to steal! But thanks. Loving the gif!

So do you have foil resting on the inner part of the tent, and then pegged to the bottom of that? I'm having trouble visualising how to do it!

7 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

? Nope! 

Ulcers! Is it basically the same stuff as standard Bonjela? 

It doesn't have the same anti septic qualities but will relieve the pain. Additionally rinsing your mouth with salt water will help. 

• Upvote 1

There’s a lot of discussion about chargers, I have the below power bank, I get about 5 full charges from it (IPhone X) highly recommend! 

Edit:  available at Argos 

5F42F907-879D-45D1-9AC9-4BA02B9E6EDB.png

Edited by jdizzle

15 minutes ago, jdizzle said:

There’s a lot of discussion about chargers, I have the below power bank, I get about 5 full charges from it (IPhone X) highly recommend! 

Edit:  available at Argos 

5F42F907-879D-45D1-9AC9-4BA02B9E6EDB.png

You could probably get the same size charger from amazon for half the price of that one. 

3 hours ago, Divein said:

You could probably get the same size charger from amazon for half the price of that one. 

Agree.... this one cost me £25 from Amazon. 24800 output and charges my I phone 6 x8 times ??

CEF8C84E-DE2F-47DD-8FFD-BC721B6760E6.jpeg

Edited by CeriG
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CeriG said:

Agree.... this one cost me £25 from Amazon. 24800 output and charges my I phone 6 x8 times ??

CEF8C84E-DE2F-47DD-8FFD-BC721B6760E6.jpeg

I have that one and it is indeed excellent.

I also noticed that Barbster lad had one when I was watching his latest vlog thing.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

I have that one and it is indeed excellent.

I also noticed that Barbster lad had one when I was watching his latest vlog thing.

Well chuffed with it. Expected maybe 4-5 full charges. Definitely didn’t expect 8 ??

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2019 at 10:25 AM, incident said:

You already know the answer to this but -

5am. Wake up. Busting for a piss. Toilets are 10 minutes away and involve getting dressed, navigating tents, and going along path ankle deep in mud.

Some times it's just not logistically doable.

It is logistically doable. I know this because us gals do it every time because we don't have the equipment to pee in bottles?

• Upvote 3

if you wait a couple of days there are usually abandoned chairs left around the pyramid arena .... so take a bit of duct tape and these are often perfectly recyclable and it also has the benefit of helping the cleanup crew by removing some ..... Love the Farm guys :) 

• Like 1