Glasto hacks 2.0

Jne___

Another vote for the lock ups. Only started using them in 2016 and been a convert ever since. 

Rather naughtily, I also used them as a way to ration my party supplies. Just stuck everything in a purse along with money and checked it in. Popped back roughly every other day to top up.

25 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

On the lock-ups thing, my feeling is if I'm happy for it to get stolen then it stays in the tent, otherwise it's in the lock-up. I believe the probability of being unlucky is 1:1000 (reported thefts at about 136 in 2017), so you're pretty safe.

I use them because I just want to totally forget about any responsibility.

I must be bloody unlucky then!  But then I didn't report it either time as nothing was actually taken.  Funnily enough the thieving bastards didn't want to take my underwear or high couture clothing - even the clean stuff!

The thing with a Lenor / Finish bottle is it's better to have one and not need it, than need one and not have it.

I have awoken with the undeniable urge to go, while it's pouring with rain outside, the bogs are a good hike away and there's a queue for them when you get there. The full bottle can sit outside the tent when done before taking it to the whizzery.

I always hide my lenor bottle in a bag too, but I'm not really sure why I am embarrassed about it. I mean, walking into a portaloo is literally a big giveaway on what you are about to do, who cares if it's actually something your prepared earlier?

22 minutes ago, uscore said:

I always hide my lenor bottle in a bag too, but I'm not really sure why I am embarrassed about it. I mean, walking into a portaloo is literally a big giveaway on what you are about to do, who cares if it's actually something your prepared earlier?

I also do this, it’s totally weird to carry around piss. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

I also do this, it’s totally weird to carry around piss. 

Charm x

But the other side of this is that no-one cares about you carrying a lenor bottle. And if someone thought less of me because I was carrying a lenor bottle I would jolly well think less of them for judging me for needing a wee and disposing of it properly.

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Keeping it IN the tent is just asking for it to get damaged somehow. Pop it outside just tucked under the outer tent skin. Then it's only an arm's length away if it's needed. Empty on morning visit to longdrops (cotton tote bag recommended for discreet transportation :D )

This is the one.

My wife doesn't come on here, so I'll get away with telling you this.

One year I stayed out a couple of hours later than she did, when I got back to the tent I walk in on her crouched over a empty tube of Pringles about to have a piss in it. We both start cracking up, she realises it's a terrible idea and gets dressed and goes to the loo.

I dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't got back when I did.

4 minutes ago, mazola said:

My wife doesn't come on here, so I'll get away with telling you this.

One year I stayed out a couple of hours later than she did, when I got back to the tent I walk in on her crouched over a empty tube of Pringles about to have a piss in it. We both start cracking up, she realises it's a terrible idea and gets dressed and goes to the loo.

I dread to think what would have happened if I hadn't got back when I did.

What flavour? 

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh and I always make the grim early morning trek to the loo as I am unable psychologically to wee into any kind of container sadly. It's really not that bad though as there's usually no queue at 6am or whatever and I can usually go back to bed. Only really bad when it's raining (which it won't).

I know I've been an advocate of the bottle, but it's only for the "oh FFS" times really - my switch to festival life being pleasant was all about getting that first thing in the morning body function cycle working - clean loos, no queues, can have a quick hand and face wash at the sink and feeling more ready for the day, back to a bit longer in a warm sleeping bag - perfect.

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh and I always make the grim early morning trek to the loo as I am unable psychologically to wee into any kind of container sadly. It's really not that bad though as there's usually no queue at 6am or whatever and I can usually go back to bed. Only really bad when it's raining (which it won't).

I know I've been an advocate of the bottle, but it's only for the "oh FFS" times really - my switch to festival life being pleasant was all about getting that first thing in the morning body function cycle working - clean loos, no queues, can have a quick hand and face wash at the sink and feeling more ready for the day, back to a bit longer in a warm sleeping bag - perfect.

13 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

I’m 100% in this camp, Frosty. 

And if not back in the sleeping bag for a bit, then sitting half asleep in a camping chair watching the site wake up, perhaps while having a coffee and reading something (I often take a book for the Tuesday night queue or go and get a paper)

42 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Yeah that's completely my routine. 

27 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’m 100% in this camp, Frosty. 

And if not back in the sleeping bag for a bit, then sitting half asleep in a camping chair watching the site wake up, perhaps while having a coffee and reading something (I often take a book for the Tuesday night queue or go and get a paper)

I love being up a bit earlier than my other half and having a laze in my pyjamas in the camping chair if it's a warm one, flicking through the programme. If my first morning toilet trip isn't too early then I usually combine it with getting a coffee too. 

Also I find I need to piss later if I knock the pints on the head early evening. Obvious point of course but one I have to remind myself of because I would just drink cider all night otherwise! 

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I love being up a bit earlier than my other half and having a laze in my pyjamas in the camping chair if it's a warm one, flicking through the programme. If my first morning toilet trip isn't too early then I usually combine it with getting a coffee too. 

Also I find I need to piss later if I knock the pints on the head early evening. Obvious point of course but one I have to remind myself of because I would just drink cider all night otherwise! 

Blissful, isn’t it! 

Still half dozy / half pissed from the night before, ideally feeling only tired with one of those ‘kind hangovers’.

Watching the hardcore late night caners trooping home happy and juuuuuust slightly louder than we want them to be, but heyyyy, it’s Glastonbury. They’re not doing any harm. The ground a bit dewey, maybe a little mist and / or the steam of sleeping bodies and swiftly warming tents hovering in the air. 

The distant clang of a local long drop door, the hungry shitty guzzling hum of a gully sucker emptying out their tanks, a tractor over there somewhere.

Bloody hell. Not long now!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12