Kylie does one duet on the Pyramid. What do you choose?

Username taken

Which duet?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Especially For You with Jason Donovan
    • Where The Wild Roses Grow with Nick Cave
    • Kids with Robbie Williams

If JD appears on stage I will cry. I had a proper teenage crush on him all those years ago. He & Kylie opened the Debenhams store in my town but my mum wouldn’t let me go after school and I was proper terrified of her so went home like a good girl. To this day I’ve always regretted not giving in to my inner rebel and doing what I was told. 

Plus it will be one of those proper Glastonbury moments. 

My kids wont understand why their mum is crying (they only see me cry when we successfully get tickets), but I’m sure it will be one of those memories they tell their kids about. 

JD if you’re reading this, you know what to do. 

I thought this fucking sublime: 

Kylie Minogue on Michael Hutchence..
"Sex, love, food, drugs, music, travel, books, you name it, he wanted to experience it,” said Minogue. “As his partner I got to experience a lot of that as well. If you’re a sensual being, all of your senses need stimulation. He definitely awakened my desire for things in my world.”

“He had insatiable curiosity, all the good things in life and some [of] the bad. He opened up a whole new world for me.”

I thought JD doing Jospeh in London over Glastonbury weekend might rule him out, but it looks like he has the Sunday off.

https://www.londontheatre.co.uk/show/joseph-and-the-amazing-technicolor-dreamcoat?gclid=CjwKCAjwk7rmBRAaEiwAhDGhxAcDgTyqoAn9-DLBf7DwgfDjLFs1dH7ioZcCoV7D7QCb3I_6v6N87RoC-QgQAvD_BwE

That said, he still might prefer the day off.

I'm a huge Nick Cave fan, but I voted Jason. This is because I've seen her duet with Cave twice at his shows now (both times wonderful, especially the Koko show) and I just don't think it will go down as well at a Kylie set. Also what a fucking waste to have Cave at the farm and not do his own gig (if he does I will revise my vote). Always had a soft spot for Jason and think it would be a moment.

What they should do though is get  Jason, Nick and Jarvis together for a run through of Fifteen Feet of Pure White Snow...

46 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

I'm of the (perhaps not overly enlightened) opinion that, insofar as these things can be measured, Kylie will have as big an audience as the Pyramid stage has ever seen. 

Yup.  Would have been sizable regardless, but particularly given the selective appeal of the other big Pyramid acts her crowd will be up with the Stones, Lionel and Dolly for the biggest in recent years.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

is there anyone that won't be seeing her ?

Depends on what's happening elsewhere.

My current assumption is that I'll be at the Pyramid, but there's certainly bookings that could draw me away.

• 5 weeks later...

Kylie on One Show
Kylie was on the One Show yesterday.  she talks about Glastonbury at the end of the interview. says it is going to be a greatest hits set.  there are video messages of luck for her Glastonbury performance from various people and both Robbie and Jason feature

Just now, Bennykill said:

Kylie on One Show
Kylie was on the One Show yesterday.  she talks about Glastonbury at the end of the interview. says it is going to be a greatest hits set.  there are video messages of luck for her Glastonbury performance from various people and both Robbie and Jason feature

Ugh.

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t worry - he’s in Vegas over Glastonbury weekend. Kids will have to be performed Robbie-less.

Gotta be Nick and Jason for this, right? Unless she brings out some random guests already on site to fill in for vocals.

Nice one, FloorFiller. Absolute ray of sunshine.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:18 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup.  Would have been sizable regardless, but particularly given the selective appeal of the other big Pyramid acts her crowd will be up with the Stones, Lionel and Dolly for the biggest in recent years.

Agree, I think that she'll rival Dolly's for sure. The thing with Kylie is that most people know so many more songs than they realise from her sheer longevity. I counted 15 of hers I could name and I've never bought a Kylie album! And so many of them are such great bops, what more would you want on a sunny sunday afternoon!