2020 headliners

jj200

19 hours ago, AngryLama said:

I also have a link who works with Macca who has said the same. My interpretation was that Madonna is doing a short special appearance as a celebration of her music. A super bowlesk melody/mashup. Massive promo for her I guess! She tends not to sing live so the festivals are likely not super keen as a headliner for that reason, maybe? Don’t shoot the messenger.

If the chosen headliners are Taylor/Madonna/Macca, I suspect we’ll see an AngryLamar

3 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Pearl Jam for Wednesday headliners then.

Probably stating the beginning of the festivals, all the festivals on the list, the first date is said.

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Considering Rock Wertcher is the same weekend as Glasto (and thus finishes on the 28th) it must be fake

Rock Werchter is later this year. 2-5th July

I really want Pearl Jam

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
Extra Info

4 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Pearl Jam for Wednesday headliners then.

Dont festivals usually list the first day of the festival on their tour dates as opposed to the specific date they are playing? Think its quite common practice which is probably to do with forcing fans to buy weekend tickets early on instead of day tickets (excluding Glasto)

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Huh, never noticed that. Any idea what made them change weekend? (i.e. do they have a reason or could it be miving for a large headliner ir something?)

Don't know, they announced it and the list has PJ on the official first day of the festival. I think (want) it's real.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Probably stating the beginning of the festivals, all the festivals on the list, the first date is said.

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Dont festivals usually list the first day of the festival on their tour dates as opposed to the specific date they are playing? Think its quite common practice which is probably to do with forcing fans to buy weekend tickets early on instead of day tickets (excluding Glasto)

Yeah perhaps! Go on then, enjoy this one for a while! ?

3 hours ago, waynewdk said:

So having never heard the of the Foals, I went off and had a listen to some of their songs, not had a lot of time to listen, but from what I’ve heard so far there not bad at all, and I actually recognise a few songs from the radio, some of their songs are more chilled and with loads of cider in me might be too chilled. If they have a lot of upbeat ones it would be a great show for me at glasto, I’d defo go see them either way, and few that caught my ears were The Runner, Like Lightening and Exits, can you recommend any more upbeat ones? I’ll get round to listen to all the there songs eventually. 

In terms of upbeat stuff, My Number, The Runner and Mountain At My Gates are awesome.

But I’d recommend watching their Glasto set from this year on iPlayer. The best live songs are What Went Down, Inhaler and, best of all, Two Steps Twice.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This conflicts directly with information that Pearl Jam are playing Lolla Stockholm. 

I think the info was that they were playing Stockholm and Lolla was just assumed because of the date range. Stockholm isn’t on that there list though and conflicts with a lot of stuff that the Pearl Jam ITK has said - it is definitely bullshit.

Off topic but not really worth it's own thread...

I'm going to be coming in to the festival on the Wednesday via Gate A or B next year having always been a Tuesday campervanner previously.

What time do the initial queues die down roughly? I'm flexible on the time I can arrive as I live locally so quite laid back in that aspect.

I assume Gate A will be the busiest due to the coaches and so on.

Best case scenario is that i'm able to get a villagers car park pass which will allow me to park next to Gate B as I need to leave the festival on the Thurs and then come back down on the Friday.

22 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Haven't read all of this topic. Actually, none of this topic.

But Kendrick Lamar - Paul McCartney - Taylor Swift then ey?

That's a working best case scenario prediction, think we're all just sharpening our swords before the next Foals battle though.

18 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

In terms of upbeat stuff, My Number, The Runner and Mountain At My Gates are awesome.

But I’d recommend watching their Glasto set from this year on iPlayer. The best live songs are What Went Down, Inhaler and, best of all, Two Steps Twice.

Cheers will do 

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

That's a working best case scenario prediction, think we're all just sharpening our swords before the next Foals battle though.

It’s more like ‘best of the names we’ve heard’. Working objectively, there is no reason to keep Kendrick Lamar and drop Aerosmith from that single rumour.