2020 headliners

jj200

9 minutes ago, PetePie said:

Me personally hope your mates are talking bollox As I think all of them mentioned are utter shite ,  I know you can not please everybody, but ffs they can do better than that , for headliners ..  just my opinion 

I really don't think they could do better than that

Ho would a co-headline setup of Madonna and Taylor work? I can't see why either would agree to it. They're both big enough to headline in their own right. Someone would have to come on first, and so they wouldn't be seen as a true headliner. Unless they alternated songs, which would be hilariously awkward. 

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Didn't we establish not so long back that Madonna's asking price is higher than most? 

Well, she's only gonna play half of a headline slot, so that's money saved....which must mean Taylor is playing for free.

This rumour has to be the most nonsensical so far. 

15 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Ho would a co-headline setup of Madonna and Taylor work? I can't see why either would agree to it. They're both big enough to headline in their own right. Someone would have to come on first, and so they wouldn't be seen as a true headliner. Unless they alternated songs, which would be hilariously awkward. 

Leonard Cohen was on before The Verve once......many have short memories, he wasn't the legend. That was Neil Diamond. Could argue that was co-headlining as Leonard got headliner length slot.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

It is a quote from Ozymandias which is both a very famous poem about hubris and a recent role taken on by one Jeremy Irons in the recent ill advised Watchman TV show. Which I thought appropriate for a someone making a new account under the name Jeremy Irons to claim ITK bollocks about Madonna and co-headliners.

His unsubstantiated rumours are his Interdimensional Space Squid.

How very chi-chi of you. 

But I must defend myself, I very much don't claim to be "ITK" but more the third rung middleman for sources that I'll repeat again, are very questionable. I would have ordinarily dismissed them out of hand and wouldn't have gone to the effort to make an account on here and give up on my e-festivals forum-lurker secret-identity as award-winning actor Jeremy Irons,  however the only reason being that I received the information from two unrelated people which I reckoned would at the least merit a discussion around how and/or why they are/could be wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Well, she's only gonna play half of a headline slot, so that's money saved....which must mean Taylor is playing for free.

This rumour has to be the most nonsensical so far. 

I did ask the question as to how a co-headliner at Glastonbury works in practical terms, allegedly Taylor would be on before Madonna but be billed as co-headlining. Which in my mind wouldn't classify them as co-headliners and I can't imagine Taylor would take that in her stride but hey-ho don't shoot the messenger. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

How very chi-chi of you. 

But I must defend myself, I very much don't claim to be "ITK" but more the third rung middleman for sources that I'll repeat again, are very questionable. I would have ordinarily dismissed them out of hand and wouldn't have gone to the effort to make an account on here and give up on my e-festivals forum-lurker secret-identity as award-winning actor Jeremy Irons,  however the only reason being that I received the information from two unrelated people which I reckoned would at the least merit a discussion around how and/or why they are/could be wrong. 

More than likely, its one source feeding both your friends information. Would love to see it be true, just for the insuing social media meltdown 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

How very chi-chi of you. 

AnguishedThickJunebug-size_restricted.gif

17 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

Wilco TBC? Maybe not a Pyramid headliner...but would fit The Park 

64700C84-F4C2-4455-8FA2-7C47FEFC3BE1.jpeg

Would love a bit of Wilco...pretty sure they’ve been hanging around at European festivals over Glastonbury weekends for the past decade or so, but never made it to the farm. Fingers crossed for next year! 

13 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Sorry I am late to the party ?

Im curious how aerosmith have become a rumour ? They were supposed to have done there last UK show at download.

If anyone can enlighten me, thanks.

they suddenly appearred high in the Glasto betting - so presumably a fair bit of money has gone on them, as tho someone knows something.

31 minutes ago, mcshed said:

More than likely he's making it up himself.

he's given me some further details.  I can't say whether he's making it up or not, but he'd be fairly unusual going into the detail he has if he is making it up. 

My feeling is that he's heard what he says he has; that doesn't mean what he's heard is true, of course. 

I'm inclined to think it isn't true, but you never know.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Hi all, verified long-time lurker here with some spicy information. ?️

Heard from one friend two weeks ago that had heard from a confirmed but I'd imagine questionable source in the music industry that Sunday will be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor (not sure how that works?) and Macca on Saturday, with Friday not yet confirmed.

Then heard from another friend unrelated to the above friend who also runs in the music industry circles that Sunday was going to be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor, Macca on Saturday and Kendrick in negotiations for Friday.

I follow the forum as often as possible, but I forget if Madonna had been ruled out already or if it was still being debated whether she would cost too much? I thought my first mate was definitely chatting bollocks as I'd be surprised that either Madonna or Taylor would take a co-headline slot but then when my second mate mentioned the same set-up, the coincidence was a tad weird. Anyway, thought I would post on here so you can all tell me they're both full of shit which I can then relay back to them in a self-satisfied fashion.

Also happy to provide more info on sources to @eFestivals on pm if wanted. 

I also have a link who works with Macca who has said the same. My interpretation was that Madonna is doing a short special appearance as a celebration of her music. A super bowlesk melody/mashup. Massive promo for her I guess! She tends not to sing live so the festivals are likely not super keen as a headliner for that reason, maybe? Don’t shoot the messenger.