2020 headliners

jj200

I genuinely don’t get what the fuss with Billie Eilish is, I feel like I’m having an aneurism whenever I hear her stuff. 

I tried giving it a go prior to this year’s fest and just couldn’t. She’s obviously popular and a major coup for anyone who books her, but she’d be a wasted space high up a bill for my tastes ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I genuinely don’t get what the fuss with Billie Eilish is, I feel like I’m having an aneurism whenever I hear her stuff. 

I tried giving it a go prior to this year’s fest and just couldn’t. She’s obviously popular and a major coup for anyone who books her, but she’d be a wasted space high up a bill for my tastes ??‍♂️

Different strokes for different folks - I am a big fan but I don’t think her tour dates indicate that she’s coming back next year. The gap between Colombia and the Euro tour (which glasto sits in the middle) is too wide. Obviously I’d like her back but I don’t think she’s doing any UK festivals next year (especially with four nights at the O2).

My current plan is to scarper some money together and get a second hand ticket later on in the year. Not exactly sure if my chances are high for that though!

24 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I dont get it either. Not very uplifting, not very funky, not very loud, no beat. As its a bit dark & moody, I want her to be loud, but she isn't angry enough either for me. Big chunks of virtual silence in the tracks. 

But the kids seem to like her. Im 35, Im not the target audience.

41 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Add her to the list of Top 40 chart guff... It's how it is i guess. 

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

Is it me or are the forums not as lively this year as they have been in previous around the same time?

Was thinking that same but on hindsight there's always a lull this time of the year. Kicks off in spring. Happy to be told otherwise albeit a bit sad if it is a downturn. 

2 hours ago, Bisque said:

Is it me or are the forums not as lively this year as they have been in previous around the same time?

54 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Was thinking that same but on hindsight there's always a lull this time of the year. Kicks off in spring. Happy to be told otherwise albeit a bit sad if it is a downturn. 

Yeah it's kinda slow but I also think that's normal... it's the weird spot in between us not quite expecting an announcement and us frothing at the mouth for any tiny hint. 

There also seems to be a lack of (credible) rumors this year. One foreshadowing comment from Neil and the board will come alive.

Billie is cracking. I was watching Jimmy Fallon t'other day and he was saying every pop song for the next few years is going to sound like Bad Guy. I think he's dead right. Her and her brother have changed the game completely. To come out with music that almost feels like anti-pop, that's so dark and brutal but sells like gangbusters is an insane achievement. They've tapped in to something that so many others have struggled to do.

But anyway, can't see her coming back for a while now until she headlines the joint.

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Baby Shark? Big jam.

Love it when the middle aged opinion havers log on to tell us this modern crap is just a load of noise to them, thanks for your valuable contribution lol

My problem is it isnt noisy enough, it's all a bit too mellow.... but I am open to suggestions of any decent tunes if there are any.

Heard Bad Guy, Bury a Friend & When the party's over.

Stormzy for example isnt kind of thing, but I get why people like it. So far, I don't get Billie Elish, but I am willing to be converted.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My problem is it isnt noisy enough, it's all a bit too mellow.... but I am open to suggestions of any decent tunes if there are any.

Heard Bad Guy, Bury a Friend & When the party's over.

Stormzy for example isnt kind of thing, but I get why people like it. So far, I don't get Billie Elish, but I am willing to be converted.

With Eilish I would say that her stuff transferred to live way better than I thought it would, as I was similarly unconvinced.

In my world (bear with me on this) she's in the same category as Kasabian.  Unlikely that I'll listen to more than one or two tunes on record, but much happier to see them live as I know I;ll have a blast.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

With Eilish I would say that her stuff transferred to live way better than I thought it would, as I was similarly unconvinced.

In my world (bear with me on this) she's in the same category as Kasabian.  Unlikely that I'll listen to more than one or two tunes on record, but much happier to see them live as I know I;ll have a blast.

Only you could compare Billie Eilish to Kasabian. Never change Quark ?