2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I wonder if Kendrick really is headlining now.... Kendrick Lamar, Elton John/Macca, Taylor Swift would be marvellous! 

Lamar and Swift in the same year seems unlikely.

Just now, Dixo said:

She said they’d been negotiating with the third possible headliner all summer. I doubt someone like the 1975 would require that much would they??

I think they would be one of the two in place, if they were in.

Saw Macca last time he headlined...2004? It all felt pretty average to me - which was a big shame at the time.

I imagine it hit the spot for others looking for a big singalong.

So unsurprisingly, I can’t say I’d be that thrilled if he came back. I tend to hope for headliners who haven’t been before anyway - always feels like as much of a special moment for them as us then.

Yeah 1975 seem unlikely to start playing hardball if they're asked to headline Glastonbury. It'll be somebody big they're trying to nail down. Taylor is a possibility, but it seems unlikely seeing as she's got a full festival tour booked in, seems like that's the sort of project you'd have locked in further out than this.

Elton seems the obvious shout.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

Just now, Mash011 said:

The 'negotiating all summer' thing sounds a bit like Elton, doesn't it? They already spent all of last year negotiating to try and get McCartney, you'd figure they'd have worked it out either way a little while back.

Not quite sure about that - history suggests they go after these acts year-on-year. We've never actually heard anything about Glastonbury chasing Elton, have we? He might have completely frozen them out.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im gunna guess if they have been negotiating all summer with 1 act, it's got to be about money. 

Elton?

Or the act doesn't know what their plans for next summer look like yet. Maybe they're working on an album and aren't confident about when it'll be out / when they'll be in Europe.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Or the act doesn't know what their plans for next summer look like yet. Maybe they're working on an album and aren't confident about when it'll be out / when they'll be in Europe.

Unless its AC DC and they are still working out their schedule and demands