2020 headliners

jj200

I am going for:

Paul McCartney - looks to be booked.

Kendrick Lamar - Emily said she's been negotiating with a act.

Elton John - her children are interested, might have watched Rocketman.

Brilliant set of headliners.

EDIT: Didn't read and see fleetwood knocked out of the race.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

Does Macca book shows that far in advance?

He's currently not got any shows coming up at all, but then is a bit more agile in terms of doing one off shows than the likes of the Stones or the Mac.

It was around Christmas last year when he told them no for this year, so if it's him there may not be any confirmation until the spring.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

There's the possibility of course that Taylor has deliberately left a Glastonbury shaped hole in her schedule, because it's been agreed in principle, but that it isn't nailed down yet - negotiations over the summer would fit with her announcement schedule. She's also the most obvious act Emily's kids would be excited about.

Ariana Grande?

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Confirmed to not be touring in 2020

Ah, yes.

I took the kids comment to mean they know they haven't booked the 3rd headliner and they're just curious. Can't imagine Emily would tell her kids who they are chasing in case they blab to their friends or something.

Edited by jparx

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

There's the possibility of course that Taylor has deliberately left a Glastonbury shaped hole in her schedule, because it's been agreed in principle, but that it isn't nailed down yet - negotiations over the summer would fit with her announcement schedule. She's also the most obvious act Emily's kids would be excited about.

yeah, that's my biggest thought. I doubt Taylor would roll over and accept the normal Glasto small fee, so I reckon there could be a lot of backwards and forwards on this one - even if she's already decided she's going to do it.

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does Macca book shows that far in advance?

He's currently not got any shows coming up at all, but then is a bit more agile in terms of doing one off shows than the likes of the Stones or the Mac.

It was around Christmas last year when he told them no for this year, so if it's him there may not be any confirmation until the spring.

one thing in Macca's favour is that he might be lining up some shows for the summer. That would be about a year from his previous shows.

Still don't think he'll be doing it though.

Edited by eFestivals

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Taylor is the last headliner to sign up who the fuck are the other two.

Surely (if she’s doing it or even considering it) Taylor’s tour dates are pretty indicative that she’s doing it.

Can’t see it being Macca if he was booked for 2019 and she said they two booked comment prior. I reckon it’s Elton John and  Kendrick though two years ago Coldplay could’ve been booked. That’s the trio I reckon the two year ago bookings could be. Tbf Blur could have also when they booked GBQ.

If michael was telling the truth a few months ago that 2 of 2020s were booked & Emily is now, it indicates that the act would need to know they were touring / have set plans in place a while ago. 

Elton & TS fit that as they already have dates in. 3rd, I think it's Macca... if not, they'll bump up someone like Foals / 1975. 

If they’d booked 2 headliners early there is no way in the world it would have been The 1975 (before they’d even headlined R&L or Foals).

I’d also say you wouldn’t be negotiating with either of them all summer so I’m going to say neither are headlining unless someone drops out.

Elton being booked makes sense as his tour runs until the end of 2020 and this could well be his final chance.  

Taylor Swift, well the tour plans fit and I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t her

Macca, being the one their currently negotiating with, lots of publicity out there and maybe hoping to force his hand a little.

(is my thought process anyway)

Personally I don't think Taylor is the one they've had long negotiations with. She's either doing it or she isn't. I really don't see her playing hard ball over the fee. If anything the money donated to Greenpeace, Wateraid etc would be a draw for the known philanthropist and leftie. Plus I think Ed headlining has partly inspired her to do it.

I think Macca's comments about Glastonbury becoming a remote possibility line up with this and it matches the time frame. To hazard a guess, I reckon he currently has no shows planned for next year, he's been asked to do Glastonbury and wants to, and it's a case of weighing up if it's worth doing as a one off, organising some other shows around it or taking a pass. Probably way off though.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Personally I don't think Taylor is the one they've had long negotiations with. She's either doing it or she isn't. I really don't see her playing hard ball over the fee. If anything the money donated to Greenpeace, Wateraid etc would be a draw for the known philanthropist and leftie. Plus I think Ed headlining has partly inspired her to do it.

I think Macca's comments about Glastonbury becoming a remote possibility line up with this and it matches the time frame. To hazard a guess, I reckon he currently has no shows planned for next year, he's been asked to do Glastonbury and wants to, and it's a case of weighing up if it's worth doing as a one off, organising some other shows around it or taking a pass. Probably way off though.

Who do you think the two booked are then? 

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Personally I don't think Taylor is the one they've had long negotiations with. She's either doing it or she isn't.

As far as the event is concerned an act isn't sorted until they've signed on the dotted line.

So "she's either doing it or she isn't" isn't really part of that from Emily's perspective. Taylor's only doing it when there's a contract in place that says that she is.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

As far as the event is concerned an act isn't sorted until they've signed on the dotted line.

So "she's either doing it or she isn't" isn't really part of that from Emily's perspective. Taylor's only doing it when there's a contract in place that says that she is.

Sorry that's what I meant. I think she's either signed the contract already or she's not doing it all and is doing a BST exclusive show or something.

Just now, jparx said:

Sorry that's what I meant. I think she's either signed the contract already or she's not doing it all.

I don't think that's a given.

I think it's quite possible that she's personally decided she'll be doing it, but that a contract hasn't been signed yet.

Remember, Glasto would be offering something much less than all of her other contracts, so her management are likely to have put that to the bottom of the pile while they first sort out the contracts that'll pay their wages at the levels they expect.

And the Glasto contract could be bouncing backwards and forwards with management trying to tweak things (perhaps more than just money) upwards.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think that's a given.

I think it's quite possible that she's personally decided she'll be doing it, but that a contract hasn't been signed yet.

Remember, Glasto would be offering something much less than all of her other contracts, so her management are likely to have put that to the bottom of the pile while they first sort out the contracts that'll pay their wages at the levels they expect.

And the Glasto contract could be bouncing backwards and forwards with management trying to tweak things (perhaps more than just money) upwards.

Hmm..good points!

Begs the question who the other two headliners would be if the one who seems most obvious to us isn't yet one of them.

I agree with @jparx - Taylor sorts out her touring waaaay in advance. If it’s to be believed that Ed has convinced her to do it, this could have been booked ages ago. 

I won’t be surprised if she agreed to do it in 2017 when planning the rep tour.

To those who don’t know Taylor is a very calculated person. She drops hints of songs in her songs for albums years and years down the pipeline. Reputation is full of hints towards lover.

I agree also with what’s said above - Taylor is either sealed or not doing it. I reckon she’s definitely one of the two headliners. The other could be bloody anyone... Arctic Monkeys, Blur, R.E.M... fuck knows. If it’s Elton it would make sense for it to have been booked far in advance as he planned his 2020 tour a long time ago.