2020 headliners

jj200

22 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Look, I know you're probably fishing (or at least I hope) and I don't like to be so outright nasty, but shut the fuck up.

:D

15 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Is this the start of the comedown?

Yes. But also we're due to get so much info this month from all the face-time Emily is doing for this book so it'll come back up again.

6 hours ago, wonker said:

I think that might be the reason that it's been so long since the last tour. They really mixed things up with their last album (which I genuinely think is one of the best albums of the last 10 years) and I think it must be hard to do that justice and combine it with their back catalogue.

Ive been fortunate enough to know people who are part of their circle and its pretty much been the consensus. 

On 10/11/2019 at 7:23 AM, eFestivals said:

i reckon Emily will kill off the Macca rumour when she gets asked about him at the talks she's giving soon.

How would you read it Neil if Emily gets asked the question but doesn't give anything away? Would you take that to be a positive sign he's playing or no sign at all? I know Emily doesn't come out and quash every false rumour, but I do think she'd want to put this one to bed given how every Glastonbury article on the web mentions him.

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or is it a bit of a slap in the face to people who wiped out last Sunday to start doing a 'have a look at what you could have won' routine so soon?

Would people really be narked about that?

I’m not anticipating announcements; it’ll be a couple of “they’re not playing”, lots of “we’d love to have them” and maybe that all-important “we’ll have to see”.

I mean it’s not out of the ordinary for them to do that. I didn’t get tickets in the 2017 sale and a few days later Radiohead were announced so... they do it.

I still went to the fest so I’m retrospect it’s doesn’t look that bad but at the time I was very narky. “Hey you missed out on tickets... also your favourite band is headlining!”

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean it’s not out of the ordinary for them to do that. I didn’t get tickets in the 2017 sale and a few days later Radiohead were announced so... they do it.

I still went to the fest so I’m retrospect it’s doesn’t look that bad but at the time I was very narky. “Hey you missed out on tickets... also your favourite band is headlining!”

They’ve already announced Diana Ross.

Not talking about the acts playing until the dust has settled for the unfortunate just doesn’t seem like a thing. I mean, how does it reflect poorly on the festival? What would an angry Tweet look like?