2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They’ve already announced Diana Ross.

Not talking about the acts playing until the dust has settled for the unfortunate just doesn’t seem like a thing. I mean, how does it reflect poorly on the festival? What would an angry Tweet look like?

Yo we’re both on the same side bro. Maybe I should have been clearer.

If I don’t get tickets to something I don’t expect an event not to announce it’s acts or promote itself to be “kind” to me. It is annoying (hence my Radiohead example) but that’s life.

Diana Ross was clearly something sorted for a long time and fully ready to be announced. I imagine there’s some exciting acts doing the festival this year so they want to highlight a lot of these acts individually.

I won’t be surprised if they are starting earlier with announcements this year.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, jparx said:

How would you read it Neil if Emily gets asked the question but doesn't give anything away? Would you take that to be a positive sign he's playing or no sign at all? I know Emily doesn't come out and quash every false rumour, but I do think she'd want to put this one to bed given how every Glastonbury article on the web mentions him.

As a default she'll give vague answers to questions about who's playing, so if she's vague about Macca it's not really saying anything.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As a default she'll give vague answers to questions about who's playing, so if she's vague about Macca it's not really saying anything.

By that logic then if she doesn’t outright deny someone is there... then it’s probably a good thing?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Our man Yan when he sees what's going down on eFests.

4478568-6196735-image-m-15_1537641956559

"A lot of people on Efests making a name for yourselves moralising and virtue-signalling.  Don't you ever *surmise* that just because the 1975 are clearly bigger than us that we're not headline material. Foals and the charts have had no relationship for decades.  You're on thin ice. Peace."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Nick Aldous said:

No glasto “this year” haha, I really am clutching at straws but I’d love The Strokes to be there. They’re a headliner in my eyes but I wouldn’t be surprised if they headlined Other or were Pyramid sub147D77C0-12C9-4E51-9F9F-BFC9E30C4C56.thumb.png.17a19fbc6b3324b8cc50621c181255d7.png

You and me both. They're active, announced three South America festivals next year. Really don't see it happening though