2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Mmmm not too much given away there. I do think ruling out FM but not also Macca, when both names are massively linked for next year, puts Macca back in the frame IMO.

Surprised there's still one left to get sorted.

lifeline for the Foals believers there, I guess. or it fits in with the whole 1975 praying hands emoji thing.

2 minutes ago, Monkeyboy84 said:

To be clear, she was asked directly by the interviewer, Hugo Rifkind, about Fleetwood Mac. She ruled it out but led to a discussion about how she is always asked about them and Led Zeppelin specifically.

Ah okay. Perhaps nothing to read in to re: Macca then.

Interesting stuff. Led Zep was obv a dead rumour but it's a shame about Fleetwood Mac. Wonder how far along they are with the third headliner?! Fascinating stuff. To be a fly on the wall at Glasto HQ would be a dream.

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

lifeline for the Foals believers there, I guess. or it fits in with the whole 1975 praying hands emoji thing.

Why wouldn't they book 1975 at this point? Assuming they aren't already one of the two, they still have a final headliner to book. 1975 want to do it, they will be available and they already did Reading in '19, so that's one less festival they could headline instead. It's a slam dunk for me.

I'm going for:

The 1975 / Bon Iver

Macca / LDR

Taylor Swift / Foals

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Why wouldn't they book 1975 at this point? Assuming they aren't already one of the two, they still have a final headliner to book. 1975 want to do it, they will be available and they already did Reading in '19, so that's one less festival they could headline instead. It's a slam dunk for me.

I'm going for:

The 1975 / Bon Iver

Macca / LDR

Taylor Swift / Foals

Yeh, I've accepted that it will probably be The 1975 (why wouldn't it be?) And reasonably unlikely that I'll be at any pyramid headliners.... 

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm going for:

The 1975 / Bon Iver

Macca / LDR

Taylor Swift / Foals

Doubt Foals would accept Pyramid sub again, more likely to headline other stage id say.

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Doubt Foals would accept Pyramid sub again, more likely to headline other stage id say.

Course they would, Pyramid sub is by all accounts a more prominent slot. Them being on the Other would be more a matter of the festival trying to avoid booking acts into the same slots.