2021 Lineup

58 minutes ago, nathanh said:

You would hope so, I wouldn't want to have their talent bookers job at the moment trying to chance out quite a few bigger acts whilst keeping people happy. 

I’m fearing the worst.

Waiting to be told that QOTSA and Fever333 have been replaced by some Tik Tok star I’ve never heard of haha.

3 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Courteeners, Foals, BMTH, Biffy spring to mind off the top of my head (in order of likelihood)

I could see Foals, BMTH, Biffy as possible headliner replacements I just wonder whether Courteeners slightly arent big enough for a headline slot yet

38 minutes ago, thetime said:

Eeeerrrr Courteeners 

12 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Courteeners, Foals, BMTH, Biffy spring to mind off the top of my head (in order of likelihood)

6 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I could see Foals, BMTH, Biffy as possible headliner replacements I just wonder whether Courteeners slightly arent big enough for a headline slot yet

Courteeners would make sense up North with all the Gerry Cinnamon / Liam Gallagher day trippers but wouldn't go down well at Reading. 

Which of those other three would go down best with the Reading rock crowd? Biffy would be my choice but not sure how they're viewed by the more US rock type fans? 

13 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Oil Sykes lives in Brazil so you can count them out. Biffy would be a great shout for a Queens replacement and could we see Ed Sheeran as the Post replacement? Not the same sort of act but a massive artist as a replacement and he’s playing Coventry on the Wednesday before the festival. 

I do think some of the American acts will come over by getting around the restrictions by saying its for work or by doing the quarantine, Yungblud is currently back in the UK quarantining from the US but he is British and has a tour in August & October so more worthwhile for him? 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

could we see Ed Sheeran as the Post replacement? Not the same sort of act but a massive artist as a replacement and he’s playing Coventry on the Wednesday before the festival. 

I dont think hes really a Reading style headliner in my opinion, Absolutely massive booking none the less but it seems out of place for R&L (but I did also say that about Capaldi) 

Just now, nathanh said:

I dont think hes really a Reading style headliner in my opinion, Absolutely massive booking none the less but it seems out of place for R&L (but I did also say that about Capaldi) 

I agree but it’s an unusual year and they couldn’t get a bigger act than Ed as a replacement, anyone else would be a downgrade. 

Saying that I think Post Malone will play. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

Oil Sykes lives in Brazil so you can count them out. Biffy would be a great shout for a Queens replacement and could we see Ed Sheeran as the Post replacement? Not the same sort of act but a massive artist as a replacement and he’s playing Coventry on the Wednesday before the festival. 

I do think some of the American acts will come over by getting around the restrictions by saying its for work or by doing the quarantine, Yungblud is currently back in the UK quarantining from the US but he is British and has a tour in August & October so more worthwhile for him? 

Ah I didn't know he'd actually moved out there, just knew his wife was Brazilian - hope he's alright getting over for the September tour. You'd say Stormzy is the only real similar UK replacement for Post. If they got Dua Lipa it'd fit well in the wider context of that day and go down well with the crowd.

Just think though, if Glasto can replace Foo Fighters with Florence and the Machine anyone is a possibility, no matter how shit it'd be!

It’ll be interesting what KennyHoopla announces on Monday as he’s a small American act on the lineup and this may answer some of our questions. He’s also meant to support Yungblud early August so if he’s not over for that he won’t be at R&L but if he does come over any US act could technically make it. 

DA0B093E-5FDF-436F-A0E8-04FEC09905B1.jpeg

13 hours ago, wghennessy said:

Because they havent had the chance to so youre Auntie Mavis could mate.  We as a country have taken a significant amount of peoples twenties without doing even more. They have had enough time taken away from them only to then be punished again so yes, it is unfair 100%. Id love it if you could explain how it is fair...

I do have a neutral mindset, im not going to any festival this Summer.

My point is as I've said. People have said all summer on here that the rules act should be implemented now, not in a week or two weeks time etc. So why is this any different now?

It is very we didn't know as much about future plans for events then but now we do that all changes. I get why the theory of that changes but my point is that people in authority should act now how we wanted them to earlier this summer and right from the pandemic start and I'm not sure why that should change for me. 

I have events too I will again mention but that doesn't mean that my opinion changes.

7 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I think whether we see certain US acts comes down a lot to what else is in their schedule- If they are busy back in the states after the festival I cant see them wanting to jeopardise more work just to play R&L this summer

Can't remember who spotted that Arizona Zervas has cancelled a small gig in London in the days after Reading but that to me suggests there'll be some casualties

23 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Just think though, if Glasto can replace Foo Fighters with Florence and the Machine anyone is a possibility, no matter how shit it'd be!

Glasto didn't replace Foo Fighters with Florence. She was already on the line-up, they just bumped her up. 

1 minute ago, Newjem said:

Glasto didn't replace Foo Fighters with Florence. She was already on the line-up, they just bumped her up. 

I know her performance got decent reviews but bumping her up a slot is probably worse in my mind. If I was expecting to see Foo Fighters and ended up with Florence I'd be gutted (circumstances of Dave's cancellation aside)

41 minutes ago, foolee said:

It’ll be interesting what KennyHoopla announces on Monday as he’s a small American act on the lineup and this may answer some of our questions. He’s also meant to support Yungblud early August so if he’s not over for that he won’t be at R&L but if he does come over any US act could technically make it. 

DA0B093E-5FDF-436F-A0E8-04FEC09905B1.jpeg

I've been expecting him to do some August shows between the Yungblud dates and Reading & Leeds. That makes sense from a financial point of view. Fingers crossed as I'm really desperate to see him even in the oddly placed spot on the Dance Stage.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I'd lower the expectations for replacements, you will just end up with Dizzee Rascal replacing Post and Razorlight replacing Queens at best. 😜 

You know what would go down unbelievably? Vengaboys. Bin Post off, I want to see Boom Boom Boom Boom being played to 80,000 people

• Upvote 1