Glastocast

Mattymooz

On 2/3/2020 at 2:31 PM, GlastoCast said:

Our first 5 or so episodes were all recorded with us in the same room. As we were starting up (and all brand new to podcasting!) there's a lot to be said for being able to look in each other's eyes when we we were recording! It meant we could easily signal when we had something to add. As time went on, we got better (but still aren't perfect!) in respect to not talking over each other. We remote recorded our podcast with Media Manager Paul from the Glade. The sound quality is definitely not the same, despite us trialling so many different options. Essentially, if we can, we try to record in person all in the same room. It flows better, our chat feels more real, and the audio is much improved. But if that doesn't work out (or if we're doing interviews with people from all over the country) we go down the remote recording route :)

A Twitch stream would be awesome! Wonder if we have the listenership for it? Imagine if we did one from the overnight queue party the night before the festival ;)

The schedule clashing problem still exists even with remote recording though! As Rob works in the emergency services and Miguel in hospitality, so they don't work within usual office hours, whereas I (Jessi) do! Always difficult to find a time to suit us all!

Just finished the podcast (had to listen in two halves). Brings back all the memories of the Recycling Crew for the last  2 festivals for me. A few things ring true as well i.e the Worthy FM sign being the beacon for home on an evening and how much of a community Tom's Field becomes. Would always recommend Volunteering especially with Recycling if the circumstances allow. 

P.s this did create a topic of conversation in our Crew WhatsApp group regarding the weirdest thing ever found at a festival (not including money or faeces in a see through plastic bottle) and at the moment i think it's a tie between a bowling ball with pins and a full blown mannequin doll. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Just finished the podcast (had to listen in two halves). Brings back all the memories of the Recycling Crew for the last  2 festivals for me. A few things ring true as well i.e the Worthy FM sign being the beacon for home on an evening and how much of a community Tom's Field becomes. Would always recommend Volunteering especially with Recycling if the circumstances allow. 

P.s this did create a topic of conversation in our Crew WhatsApp group regarding the weirdest thing ever found at a festival (not including money or faeces in a see through plastic bottle) and at the moment i think it's a tie between a bowling ball with pins and a full blown mannequin doll. 

Doug, this bit about weirdest recycling crew find is brilliant. Is there any chance you could tweet this to us? I want to retweet it to our followers! Thanks for listening! ☺️

Ah, man. So good to be listening to @GlastoCast again. In a short space of time, you guys have become part of my Glastonbury calendar. Have you considered starting a Patreon or some kind of crowdfunding platform? I'm sure you'd have supporters - maybe not enough for you all to go full time, but it's a starting point.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Ah, man. So good to be listening to @GlastoCast again. In a short space of time, you guys have become part of my Glastonbury calendar. Have you considered starting a Patreon or some kind of crowdfunding platform? I'm sure you'd have supporters - maybe not enough for you all to go full time, but it's a starting point.

Awww thanks! So happy we're part of the Glasto furniture! 

We do currently cover all of the costs ourselves, what with equipment, hosting, licenses, etc it's probably added up to ~£400 between us. But it's been oh so worth it. 

We were thinking of creating a few Redbubble designs (or similar) and then selling those as a way to earn a bit of £ to offset the costs. What do you think? Would you buy some nicely designed GlastoCast swag? Or is Patreon a better idea? We want to keep the podcast ad free for as long as possible (hopefully forever!)

Thanks so much for your support. Means the world! 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, GlastoCast said:

We do currently cover all of the costs ourselves, what with equipment, hosting, licenses, etc it's probably added up to ~£400 between us. But it's been oh so worth it. 

We were thinking of creating a few Redbubble designs (or similar) and then selling those as a way to earn a bit of £ to offset the costs. What do you think? Would you buy some nicely designed GlastoCast swag? Or is Patreon a better idea? We want to keep the podcast ad free for as long as possible (hopefully forever!)

*why not both? gif*

Seriously, I probably wouldn't go for the swag, but I'd probably chip in to Patreon.  I'm sure others would rather get something back for their money.

On 2/4/2020 at 4:44 PM, GlastoCast said:

I could be interested in some swag. If patreon meant more pods in the run up to the festival, then that may be of interest too. They really are a good listen.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, sorry for the radio silence for so long. We recorded two episodes in March, then the cancellation happened and the wind left our sails. But we're finally back, and we had a brilliant interview with Luke who's the Creative Director for Greenpeace at Glasto. He has some great stories to tell!

Here are the links if you want to have a listen!

iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/glastocast/id1449718126

Google Podcasts
https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed=aHR0cDovL2dsYXN0b2Nhc3QuY28udWsvZmVlZC9wb2RjYXN0

Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/show/7aXwqjFrX9rfMoWGHCpO9t

Deezer
http://www.deezer.com/show/645522

Stitcher
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/glastocast

Pocket Casts
https://pca.st/3Lot

Edited by GlastoCast
Link fixes
  • Like 1

Also please please please do get in touch with us if you have a story to tell, or want to have a chat! We want to keep the ball rolling and not have a 10month silence again, so we're looking to interview you! Or you can just record something on your phone and email to hello@glastocast.co.uk

Get in touch! Thanks efests, hope you all managed to have some summer fun!

• 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, Sku said:

Boomtown's Kaptin has quite a staggering level of genre spanning music knowledge, should be a good one.

Hi everyone! We're so excited to be back!

He honestly was such an incredible guest! And I now have so many more artists on the line up I'm looking forward to... My Spotify is filling up! - Jessi

• Like 2

Also just to let all you fabulous eFesters know first...

Rob will be leaving us after this next episode. He was always hard to pin down but his family commitments now mean he has zero free time and is having to gracefully bow out. You'll still see him at Glasto though! We will miss him!

So from now on, it will be Miguel and me (Jessi) carrying on as a two. We hope/know this means we will be able to do more episodes in the run up to the festival as we have more spare time. 

However it does mean we will be looking for more guests! I'll be reaching out to a few people, but if you are or know anyone who has a topic to speak about and/or a story to tell, please please do get in touch at hello@glastocast.co.uk we would love to hear from you. We have had requests to do an episode on Accessibility at Glasto but of course neither of us have any experience of this. So this in particular we are looking for guests for! 

Also despite what the last few episodes have been like, we will be trying to do slightly shorter episodes but more often.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GlastoCast said:

Also just to let all you fabulous eFesters know first...

Rob will be leaving us after this next episode. He was always hard to pin down but his family commitments now mean he has zero free time and is having to gracefully bow out. You'll still see him at Glasto though! We will miss him!

So from now on, it will be Miguel and me (Jessi) carrying on as a two. We hope/know this means we will be able to do more episodes in the run up to the festival as we have more spare time. 

However it does mean we will be looking for more guests! I'll be reaching out to a few people, but if you are or know anyone who has a topic to speak about and/or a story to tell, please please do get in touch at hello@glastocast.co.uk we would love to hear from you. We have had requests to do an episode on Accessibility at Glasto but of course neither of us have any experience of this. So this in particular we are looking for guests for! 

Also despite what the last few episodes have been like, we will be trying to do slightly shorter episodes but more often.  

@StoneCircle has fantastic knowledge about this … 

Just now, northernringo said:

When is the episode due to be released?

Well poor Miguel has to do the editing, and we were recording for over 3 hours last night 😱 so I don't want to put a huge amount of pressure on him, but I THINK he is aiming to get it edited this weekend for us to upload next week. Please be patient though, it's a big job to edit it all together, and I'll be writing the episode summary and sorting our website etc. 

Make sure you subscribe to the pod on your preferred player, so you get a notification when it goes live!

• Upvote 2

Just now, GlastoCast said:

Well poor Miguel has to do the editing, and we were recording for over 3 hours last night 😱 so I don't want to put a huge amount of pressure on him, but I THINK he is aiming to get it edited this weekend for us to upload next week. Please be patient though, it's a big job to edit it all together, and I'll be writing the episode summary and sorting our website etc. 

Make sure you subscribe to the pod on your preferred player, so you get a notification when it goes live!

Superb! Looking forward to it. Am currently working my way through the old episodes again!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, GlastoCast said:

Also please please please do get in touch with us if you have a story to tell, or want to have a chat! We want to keep the ball rolling and not have a 10month silence again, so we're looking to interview you! Or you can just record something on your phone and email to hello@glastocast.co.uk

Get in touch! Thanks efests, hope you all managed to have some summer fun!

I think you'll with this board there are lot of people who have been going since the 1980s/1990s who can tell you a lot of what it was like back then and how different it was to going now....I'm sure some wouldn't mind chatting over the phone/zoom/MS Teams. 🙂 

Or even the people who come from far away each year, there's a guy on here who comes over from Argentina for the festival.

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

I think you'll with this board there are lot of people who have been going since the 1980s/1990s who can tell you a lot of what it was like back then and how different it was to going now....I'm sure some wouldn't mind chatting over the phone/zoom/MS Teams. 🙂 

Or even the people who come from far away each year, there's a guy on here who comes over from Argentina for the festival.

We have a remote recording set up that works well 🙂 Do point anyone to our email address and we can discuss! 

Always would love to hear stories from pre-2000s!