Park Stage 2019

Tuna

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

For the Sylvan Esso fans on this thread, Spotify said that fans of SO like Overcoats, another electronic duo with folk influenced female vocals. I reckon virtually all of you will. A bit more chilled out, like Sylvan Esso meets First Aid Kit - well worth checking out:

assume you have been here after the HBO show....?

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

For gods’ sakes, stop doing this to yourselves, gang. It can only end in disappointment...!

Ben

Please let us dream! I mean, can you just imagine!

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Nice one @stuartbert two hats

Even if I had never been/was going to the festival, I would love this forum for the amount of new music I've discovered on here.

Absolutely. Far beyond the many bands that turn up on the lineup/playlist, I’ve picked up so many good music tips from eFesters via threads like this: 

Just now, Penrhos said:

We can but dream, it's better than knowing its going to be "Elbow".....

We can and it is. But, credit where it’s due - after years of ever more waning interest in the Bury Boys, last year at the Park they were really, really nice! I hate side to side waving in crowds, especially when cheesily orchestrated by the artist, but when GG got the flags all waving together with his tongue firmly placed in his cheek it was very funny and a little bit emosh!

Ben

Caught The Orielles, Rolling Blackouts CF and Drenge last night in Cardiff. All prime for slots on the Park I feel. Rolling Blackouts CF were sensational live. It's really apparent that the record emerged from their live performances as they were as tight as a duck's arse last night.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Caught The Orielles, Rolling Blackouts CF and Drenge last night in Cardiff. All prime for slots on the Park I feel. Rolling Blackouts CF were sensational live. It's really apparent that the record emerged from their live performances as they were as tight as a duck's arse last night.

Great shout especially the orielles and drenge. 

Park needs a Beach House headline set. Mesmerizing tonight in Manchester. Reminded me how good the new album is as well. 

On it staying open later, I'm down, but I hope it doesn't draw too many more people in. My favourite thing about the park late at night is you can easily get around, find somewhere to chill out, and get in everywhere with relative ease. Its really nice to get away from the absolutely rammo SE corner and Arcadia. An Aphex Twin set up there is a big no no from me for that reason. 

7 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Park needs a Beach House headline set. Mesmerizing tonight in Manchester. Reminded me how good the new album is as well. 

On it staying open later, I'm down, but I hope it doesn't draw too many more people in. My favourite thing about the park late at night is you can easily get around, find somewhere to chill out, and get in everywhere with relative ease. Its really nice to get away from the absolutely rammo SE corner and Arcadia. An Aphex Twin set up there is a big no no from me for that reason. 

Exactly that. Love The Park. Especially when doing the festival solo.

(Although being in Cockmill this year means I’m likely gonna be hanging about at WH more this year - which is a lovely situation to be in).

AT - There’s always the worry Richard James is capable of doing something obtuse and barely listenable just for the hell of it. Although I’d hope he would at Glastonbury.  

2 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Yes yes yes. Saw them on Thurs and they were ridiculously good, certainly the best I've seen them. 

Would need to be around / during / after sunset. 

Sleigh Bells and Melody’s Echo Chamber on before and we can all bliss out on the hill. 

19 hours ago, zero000 said:

RBCF on Tuesday night next week. All the reports make it sound like I'm going to love it

17 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

8 hours ago, TomViolence said:

Yes yes yes. Saw them on Thurs and they were ridiculously good, certainly the best I've seen them. 

100% yes. They were so good last night. Loved the subtle but effective lightshow they had too, so darkness required.

They're a recent discovery for me, so only know (and love) 7 and Bloom, so just wish I'd put a bit more effort into devouring the rest of the back catalogue, as they played a few I didn't know. There was one in the middle (think it might have been 10 Mile Stereo) which was immense.

On 10/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, zero000 said:

It was a great gig, hope all show up on the farm 

1 hour ago, Splonk said:

Caught Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Academy last night - sounded fantastic.

A late night Saturday slot at the Park would be brill.

Yep. Saw them in Exeter last weekend. They all looked thoroughly disinterested as usual but I really enjoyed the music. They still look like one bum note away from a punch up! They didn't get the biggest crowd in the John Peel tent in 2014 so I think an early evening slot on the Park is the best they can expect these days