mcshed

Self-Confirmed 2019

9 minutes ago, spg said:

mike dennis  on facebo*k

He'd already self confirmed on Twitter. See BSR's post up the page. 

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

He'd already self confirmed on Twitter. See BSR's post up the page. 

ah argh, ne'ermind then. 

4 minutes ago, spg said:

ah argh, ne'ermind then. 

Keep looking though, still s good spot.

57 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

A Different Thread
Friday 28th June

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/100634834

Sounds interesting.  Could be one for @Wooderson going by the bio "A Different Thread' delivers an intoxicating amalgamation of Beatlesque folk rock meets Gillian Welch dark country..."

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sounds interesting.  Could be one for @Wooderson going by the bio "A Different Thread' delivers an intoxicating amalgamation of Beatlesque folk rock meets Gillian Welch dark country..."

Early Acoustic or Avalon set

5 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

Early Acoustic or Avalon set

I'd agree, maybe Croisant Neuf or Avalon Cafe?

Playing the Friday according to their website (currently on tour in Guatemala!).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Playing the Friday according to their website

I'm always suspicious of Friday dates, as it's often to indicate the start day of the festival rather than the specific day an act is playing.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm always suspicious of Friday dates, as it's often to indicate the start day of the festival rather than the specific day an act is playing.

You're probably right though they seemed the kind of act that could do a Wednesday or Thursday set somewhere like Avalon Cafe. They're playing somewhere in Warwick on the Saturday.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Appreciated pal. This kind of contemplative americana is something I find tough to resist at the moment. Nice hint of Isbell's recent stuff here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Appreciated pal. This kind of contemplative americana is something I find tough to resist at the moment. Nice hint of Isbell's recent stuff here.

we've got to get you to Newport Folk Festival some year, mate, you'd love it...although it does seem to going quite 'country-flavored-americana' of recent years. They're announcing artists bit by bit at moment rather than full lineup (it sells out immediately without any acts named like Glastonbury does), mostly lessor names at first, but you might recognize a gem or two on Fri/Sat. Missus and I are booked for that! 

http://www.newportfolk.org/lineup-by-day

Edited by tevaburger

18 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

we've got to get you to Newport Folk Festival some year, mate, you'd love it...although it does seem to going quite 'country-flavored-americana' of recent years. They're announcing artists bit by bit at moment rather than full lineup (it sells out immediately without any acts named like Glastonbury does), mostly lessor names at first, but you might recognize a gem or two on Fri/Sat. Missus and I are booked for that! 

Argh FFS

53 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

All this talk of contemplative Americana is time time to set up the Folky/Americana/Country at Glastonbury 2019 thread

22 minutes ago, TheSheriff said:

All this talk of contemplative Americana is time time to set up the Folky/Americana/Country at Glastonbury 2019 thread

Do it!

12 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Just incase it wasn't obvious enough 

Yey!! Great couple of days with Hot Chip and Vampire Weekend almost confirming 

I spoke to Sam Fender after his gig in Moseley, Birmingham late last year and he said he was playing Glasto. 👍

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Ritzy Bryan from The Joy Formidable just confirmed they'll be there to me in a Facebook chat.

No she didn't. You added her and she left right away.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Cheers for that - not so much for the DJ, no idea who she is, but the Shangri La video she links to has given me that Friday feeling!

• Like 1