The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

14 minutes ago, AlexaM said:

I work in News so our Weather man/Meteorologist is about to be asked for weekly updates on the weather until the event itself. Of course, I'll choose not to listen if it starts turning to bad news! He's currently saying it's anyones guess for weather that far ahead :( 

Oooh insider information.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:26 PM, AlexaM said:

I work in News so our Weather man/Meteorologist is about to be asked for weekly updates on the weather until the event itself. Of course, I'll choose not to listen if it starts turning to bad news! He's currently saying it's anyones guess for weather that far ahead :( 

Then you have no choice but to threaten him with the thrashing of his life if he doesn't deliver good weather news, and soon!

• Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

scorching temperatures tomorrow :) 

Optimism restored!

However, the past few festivals, there was nice weather up until gates opening, then the nice weather started to break down around the wednesday (Annoying!) 

Gav's vids are going to start ramping up now.

Looks like it's going to be quite wet next weekend (nice to put some give in the ground...) but the CHANCE it might be getting warmer and more settled in the second half of June.... but all to play for....

On 5/29/2019 at 9:07 AM, Padgey said:

I remember in 2011 we put the last peg in the tents and the heavens opened just for us to dive in and spend the next hour or so reading the programme and having a few cans.

Yup. My first Glasto. I'd just gone through Gate D when it started battering it down, and a load of us were huddled under a massive tree. One of our mates had a right hissy fit (his first gf too) much to our amusement. Was a good intro to Glasto!

1 minute ago, barkley87 said:

Agreed. The warm nights were especially good. 

2017 was great weather. No rain. Not too hot, not too cold.

Apart from Wednesday when I feared for the rest of the festival. When it cooled that night I was very happy.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Apart from Wednesday when I feared for the rest of the festival. When it cooled that night I was very happy.

First festival I didn’t need the wellies at all. It was perfect. 

41 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Wednesday day melted my brain. But watching fireworks on a warm evening to kick everything off was great.

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It rained. But it frigged off quickly... Saturday early am me thinks. Well have none a that I demand.