The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Lets face it, its going to be like this from now until gates open. The weather is going to get very hot an humid in the next few days. That can ultimately only result in one thing in the end. There is/will be so much energy upstairs that something will give eventually. There's no point guessing where and when it will happen, it could be in Pilton, it could be elsewhere, it might be late next week, it might be the after that. As far as I am concerned as long as we get a couple of day without wellies i will be a happy man, just lap it up. Its going to be fun. Cant see it being a 5 day quagmire, cant see it being 24-7 rain, so lets be thankful for that, forget the weather, its time to get excited people, its going to be ace in 4 days time....

1. Can people PLEASE stop re-quoting great big bits of graphics that we have all seen before. Thank You.

2. The rubbish adverts are GETTING BIGGER the nearer we get to ground zero. Stop It. I am NOT paying your £18 ransom money.

3. WTF is going on ?!?!?!? Can someone please speak English ? Will it be muddy or will it be scorchio ?????    

• Downvote 13

Still getting the hang of this weather forecasting malarky, but to me the GFS operational in the ensemble doesn't look anywhere near as bad rain wise as the maps.

However (there is always a however), the GFS operational seems to disagree with other runs regarding the rain on Wednesday. Lots of other runs go for torrential rain, thunderstorms I presume.

The way read the ensembles is a high potential for storms on Wednesday, and potentially another storm at some point later in Glastonbury, but not constant rain.

74561887_Screenshot2019-06-21at20_07_23.thumb.png.61a34db940c4add62f58854091e82567.png

2 minutes ago, DL50 said:

Thanks. What does 12z GFS mean? 

I prefer "shorts weather" or "not shorts weather"

It’s a weather run/simulator- it runs at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 16:00. It takes 3-4 hours to process so generally forecasters won’t really reference/update for while after they run. The 12z results came out about 5pm

1 minute ago, sinhala said:

1. Can people PLEASE stop re-quoting great big bits of graphics that we have all seen before. Thank You.

2. The rubbish adverts are GETTING BIGGER the nearer we get to ground zero. Stop It. I am NOT paying your £18 ransom money.

3. WTF is going on ?!?!?!? Can someone please speak English ? Will it be muddy or will it be scorchio ?????    

3. both

1 minute ago, sinhala said:

It’s  not a ransom, it’s to support the site. 

2 minutes ago, sinhala said:

Wow.

Just now, tumbles said:

It’s a weather run/simulator- it runs at 00:00, 06:00, 12:00 and 16:00. It takes 3-4 hours to process so generally forecasters won’t really reference/update for while after they run. The 12z results came out about 5pm

And it’s hosted by Skynet

Just now, sinhala said:

You might want to rethink this? £18 is not a lot to support a wonderful site we all enjoy. It can’t buy good weather, but it does help the overheads of running the website. Think about it?

9 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Lets face it, its going to be like this from now until gates open. The weather is going to get very hot an humid in the next few days. That can ultimately only result in one thing in the end. There is/will be so much energy upstairs that something will give eventually. There's no point guessing where and when it will happen, it could be in Pilton, it could be elsewhere, it might be late next week, it might be the after that. As far as I am concerned as long as we get a couple of day without wellies i will be a happy man, just lap it up. Its going to be fun. Cant see it being a 5 day quagmire, cant see it being 24-7 rain, so lets be thankful for that, forget the weather, its time to get excited people, its going to be ace in 4 days time....

Could go your way, could go mine. Either way one of us is going down