Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

23 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updates to the playlist over the past few days:

• Billy Bragg, who as @Beerqueen and @marathonsteve is highly likely!!
  • BC Camplight, who self-confirmed to @GrowlerPhil
  • Which prompted me to up the Beans on Toast quotient - wouldn't be surprised to see him get a slot on one of the major stages this time around 

I think Sweet Leaf has been on every one of these I've done - at least there's a new version of it this time!

?  I've only been three times but there are already so many people I've seen before who I definitely want to see again.  Not to mention areas I want to spend time in.  How do I make room for new people/headliners?  I'm half dreading that there's going to be loads of "must-see" announcements made.  But I at least hope that the ones I want to see are on the smaller stages mostly.  Ah well, it's a lovely dilemma to have.

38 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updates to the playlist over the past few days:

• Billy Bragg, who as @Beerqueen and @marathonsteve is highly likely!!
  • BC Camplight, who self-confirmed to @GrowlerPhil
  • Which prompted me to up the Beans on Toast quotient - wouldn't be surprised to see him get a slot on one of the major stages this time around 

I think Sweet Leaf has been on every one of these I've done - at least there's a new version of it this time!

Brill Keep up the Good fight

I'm liking the sound of Tony Bowen's track on there - just did a quick google and he played Rock the Kasbah and Chameleon in 2017 so I guess it will be a nice small stage again in 2019.   (Nice for me I mean, he would probably rather play a bigger stage!)

Edited by Beerqueen

21 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm liking the sound of Tony Bowen's track on there - just did a quick google and he played Rock the Kasbah and Chameleon in 2017 so I guess it will be a nice small stage again in 2019.   (Nice for me I mean, he would probably rather play a bigger stage!)

He's always there, will be back next year too.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I haven't but from what I understand he normally takes requests and knows bloody loads of songs, I've heard it's a good laugh, big old sing along.

Exactly this. I saw him last time and before he finished his slot some stage guy came on and asked him to stay for another hour probably  because of a no-show. He agreed and kept it going at the same level and it was ace. The requests part may be a bit annoying because you need to tweet your request and then he select whatever he fancy but it was great fun. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated:

- Stormzy to TBC headliner status (‘Big For Your Boots’ a most fitting opener, given all the discussions of his suitability)

- Added new SR Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds to give us an Oasis double act

- Replaced Praise You and Ob-La-Di... with a new remix & remaster respectively

Updated Kylie and the Gallagher brothers' positions on the playlist given their new TBC status on the lineup page, below Stormzy, and checked Minogue Sr's recent setlists - Can't Get You Out of My Head slips in behind her new country pop material.

EDIT: Hadn't realised Kylie was the older one. She's 50!!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updated Kylie and the Gallagher brothers' positions on the playlist given their new TBC status on the lineup page, below Stormzy, and checked Minogue Sr's recent setlists - Can't Get You Out of My Head slips in behind her new country pop material.

EDIT: Hadn't realised Kylie was the older one. She's 50!!

50? Holy shit. That means I'm getting well old!

Edited by semmtexx

Thanks BSR ..doing it so we don't have to ;)

Yeah the meets are fun- it's a bit deflating when you bravely say hi to some strangers but they have never heard of you and you have never heard of them- but hey after a few seconds you cope ;) It can be difficult to move on without being rude when in reality it's nice to meet as many folks as possible. They should do it like a speed dating night- 5 mins and you have to change partners!