Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Added some of the Unfairground acts, including those recommended on the Unfairground thread; don't purport to have added all of them! Some weird and wonderful stuff on there as always. Note that the Flying Bus there has live acts on before 11pm, including the @Keithy-commended garage rock 3-piece Gaffa Tape Sandy.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, Beerqueen said:

Ooh Barry White?  Now you're talking!  I too have added TootArd to my "to see" list, which I must admit is getting worryingly long!  And still two weeks of listening to add to it!

Yeah, it's a great idea, will be interesting to see who they get as vocalists - a shame Gregory Porter is across the pond. Glad to see TootArd getting some more love!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added some of the Unfairground acts, including those recommended on the Unfairground thread; don't purport to have added all of them! Some weird and wonderful stuff on there as always. Note that the Flying Bus there has live acts on before 11pm, including the @Keithy-commended garage rock 3-piece Gaffa Tape Sandy.

I'm glad you're on the ball. I'd completely forgot about Gaffa Tape Sandy playing. 

I have a horrible feeling that opening my finalised clashfinder to fix this will have a huge ripple effect....

On 5/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, Mackem said:

Fabulous work as always @Brave Sir Robin. Every year I start following this when it's populated with thin pickings then get completely bamboozled by the time the full list is released. The way I use it is to play it through the Sonos app on my phone, randomise it then every time I come across an act I like the sound of, pause, switch from Sonos to Spotify, play a few tracks by that artist then back to Spotify for the next on the Glasto playlist. What I'd really like to be able to do is immediately go to the 3-5 tracks on the playlist by that artist. Is there a way of doing that?

Not sure if this helps you or not but in case you didn't know you can play to your Sonos speakers direct from the Spotify app on your phone rather than use the Sonos one. Tap the bottom left hand corner when playing in Spotify to select a different device. 

Bravo @Brave Sir Robin for your work here again. About to tuck in myself!

6 hours ago, cerv said:

Not sure if this helps you or not but in case you didn't know you can play to your Sonos speakers direct from the Spotify app on your phone rather than use the Sonos one. Tap the bottom left hand corner when playing in Spotify to select a different device. 

Bravo @Brave Sir Robin for your work here again. About to tuck in myself!

Works so much better sending music to sonos direct from Spotify. Sonos's shuffle always goes straight to the same songs over and over again. Only issue is Spotify - sonos link disconnects quite often for me. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

connect one of your Sonos' to your router by wire, and then use the sonos 'wifi' network to link them - which cured drop-off for me.

We just have the one, halfway across the house, so I don't think I'd get away with the extra wiring - great idea though.  I think there's some functionality on the router to set up some sort of separate / virtual connection, so if I can figure that out then bunging the sonos onto that might achieve the same effect.  Or I could happily chuck it out the window...

39 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Updated a load of the original poster acts on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist based on setlist.fm stats - lots of new tracks on there now. Also got about half way through ordering/completing the Shangri La lineup. And ticked over the 10,000 followers mark too - mental.

I feel that I need to say this every so often just in case you don't know - YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR!  I literally don't think Glasto would be the same without your playlist.  

• Like 1

I've filtered the playlist to create a couple of new ones (special editions, you could say): one of high 'valence' (ie positive), high-energy songs, and another of low-energy mellow ones for chilling/background listening. Both still feature a wide range of acts and genres, but they definitely make for a less jarring listen than shuffling the big one!

Created with this rather nifty playlist website: http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com. Just a shame you can't filter by genre. Though it's good to be taken out of your comfort zone!

19 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I feel that I need to say this every so often just in case you don't know - YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE STAR!  I literally don't think Glasto would be the same without your playlist.  

Thanks so much Beerqueen, it's great to hear it's so appreciated ?. Though I'm sure you'd manage without it!! Especially as we now have several eFesters making great playlists - @cb4747, @gravejr, @found home in 2009, @deadpheasant@mcshed and more. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've filtered the playlist to create a couple of new ones (special editions, you could say): one of high 'valence' (ie positive), high-energy songs, and another of low-energy mellow ones for chilling/background listening. Both still feature a wide range of acts and genres, but they definitely make for a less jarring listen than shuffling the big one!

Created with this rather nifty playlist website: http://smarterplaylists.playlistmachinery.com. Just a shame you can't filter by genre. Though it's good to be taken out of your comfort zone!

Thanks so much Beerqueen, it's great to hear it's so appreciated ?. Though I'm sure you'd manage without it!! Especially as we now have several eFesters making great playlists - @cb4747, @gravejr, @found home in 2009, @deadpheasant@mcshed and more. 

And I do follow some of them too but it's nice to find it all in one place on yours too!

Surprise last minute additions to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, announced special guests Sleaford Mods and essentially self-announced The Charlatans. Tune selections based on recent setlists as always.

I see Foals are now SR - but I'm refusing to put them on in case that contributes in some tiny way to that stage being bigger than it already is!