Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

57 minutes ago, Bza said:

As an Apple Music subscriber, I've just signed up to 3 months of Spotify (only 9.99 - bargain) just to hear this playlist. Top work Brave Sir Robin!

EDIT - Does anyone have a link to the stage by stage playlists that @cb4747 has been making?

@Brave Sir Robin does have some individual playlists also if you go to the Glastonbury 2019 one and click his name. I stopped doing them because I've been just so busy at work and I'm only in my office for 5 hours a day (lazy) and can't keep procrastinating. 

Fabulous work as always @Brave Sir Robin. Every year I start following this when it's populated with thin pickings then get completely bamboozled by the time the full list is released. The way I use it is to play it through the Sonos app on my phone, randomise it then every time I come across an act I like the sound of, pause, switch from Sonos to Spotify, play a few tracks by that artist then back to Spotify for the next on the Glasto playlist. What I'd really like to be able to do is immediately go to the 3-5 tracks on the playlist by that artist. Is there a way of doing that?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mackem said:

The way I use it is to play it through the Sonos app on my phone, randomise it then every time I come across an act I like the sound of, pause, switch from Sonos to Spotify, play a few tracks by that artist then back to Spotify for the next on the Glasto playlist. 

Seems like you've created the faff to me.

I do the same with the playlist and the shuffle, but then if I like the sound of one I just either add it to another playlist of my own, note the name down, or add it to clashfinder.

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Seems like you've created the faff to me.

I do the same with the playlist and the shuffle, but then if I like the sound of one I just either add it to another playlist of my own, note the name down, or add it to clashfinder.

Dangerous to judge them on one track, imo. I wrote down Elephant Sessions after one track. Couple of weeks later I saw they were on at the Borderline that night and I was in town so I went down to see them. Turned out they were a Scottish electric jig band - complete news to me as I couldn't remember why I'd written them down. Actually really enjoyed them in the end. And I will go to see them. So not sure I haven't just argued myself into a corner :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, found home in 2009 said:

I've just created a playlist with all the Friday William's Green acts. Same style as Sir Robin's based on setlist.fm (though prob not with quite as much love and care as Sir Robin's wonderful playlist).

Just doing some work listening to it and once I reach the end I'll add the Saturday acts.

That's me finished my William's Green playlist with all the acts.

As always, massive thanks to BSR for your work. I get days worth of plays from it over the months leading up to the festival!

To save the hassle of resubscribing to Spotify Premium, I invested in the Songshift app and have exported the almighty playlist onto Apple Music. Happy to share for any other AM users. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, found home in 2009 said:

Kurrupt FM is from TV show people just do nothing. Two of the characters from it MC Grinda & MC Decoy are playing Arcadia. One of the other stars is playing rum shack

Oh yeah i know this... I saw them at truck last year and then saw the show i just couldnt see the band name.

Thanks for clearing that up

On 5/30/2019 at 9:43 AM, Bza said:

As an Apple Music subscriber, I've just signed up to 3 months of Spotify (only 9.99 - bargain) just to hear this playlist. Top work Brave Sir Robin!

EDIT - Does anyone have a link to the stage by stage playlists that @cb4747 has been making?

Bit late for you now, but there’s a website you can use that will transfer playlists from one music service to another. Use it to put the playlist on Deezer.

All the main stages (down to Sonic on the lineup page) are now in running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. A few minor additions in there too.

Good work @found home in 2009, glad you are using the setlist approach too! I'll copy that across if you don't mind?

On 5/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, Mackem said:

Fabulous work as always @Brave Sir Robin. Every year I start following this when it's populated with thin pickings then get completely bamboozled by the time the full list is released. The way I use it is to play it through the Sonos app on my phone, randomise it then every time I come across an act I like the sound of, pause, switch from Sonos to Spotify, play a few tracks by that artist then back to Spotify for the next on the Glasto playlist. What I'd really like to be able to do is immediately go to the 3-5 tracks on the playlist by that artist. Is there a way of doing that?

Not entirely sure I get you with the Sonos malarkey, but you can just turn off shuffle and click back until you find the start of the artist's tracks. Or use the filter facility - pull down from the top on the mobile app, or Ctrl+F on desktop - and search for that artist to bring up only their tracks from within the playlist.

As for transferring it over to Apple, Deezer, etc, the only thing there is you won't get updates (or will have to repeat the transfer process each time).

38 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

All the main stages (down to Sonic on the lineup page) are now in running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. A few minor additions in there too.

Good work @found home in 2009, glad you are using the setlist approach too! I'll copy that across if you don't mind?

Not entirely sure I get you with the Sonos malarkey, but you can just turn off shuffle and click back until you find the start of the artist's tracks. Or use the filter facility - pull down from the top on the mobile app, or Ctrl+F on desktop - and search for that artist to bring up only their tracks from within the playlist.

As for transferring it over to Apple, Deezer, etc, the only thing there is you won't get updates (or will have to repeat the transfer process each time).

Yeah, of course it's fine to copy it across.

• Upvote 1

William's Green lineup is on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist now, thanks to @found home in 2009 (although I did tinker a bit based on recent setlists, and gave each act 4 songs as far as poss). Following the order on the lineup page it's right near the end, from black midi to Matt Corby. Some cracking stuff on that stage, several acts I'd have expected to see on JP or the Park.

• Upvote 1

I've created a play list for Thursday in Pussy Parlure. Every year on the Thursday they always seem to have quite an international line up of things you would never normally see. Seeing Idiotape (South Korean electronic band) in there is one of my festival highlights

Only band I could get info for on Setlist.fm was Liniker E Os Caramelows, for every other band it's just the 5 songs Spotify listed as being the most popular.

And Twonky Order are a complete mystery to me. No songs on Spotify and couldn't find anything about them anywhere

• Upvote 3

Completed the Pussy Parlure lineup on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, after Sonic, from Sol Okarina to House Gospel Choir. As @found home in 2009 says, this stage is a treasure trove of international acts, as well as jazz, soul and funk you might not expect to find in Silver Hayes. They could really do with promoting it more.

On 6/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, found home in 2009 said:

Only band I could get info for on Setlist.fm was Liniker E Os Caramelows, for every other band it's just the 5 songs Spotify listed as being the most popular.

And Twonky Order are a complete mystery to me. No songs on Spotify and couldn't find anything about them anywhere

There often isn't Setlist.fm for smaller/international acts, but with a bit of digging you can usually find a gig review or live footage to give a guide to what they play, which I use to select playlist tracks. Eg here's a review for the excellently-named Taiwanese post-punk act 'No Party for Cao Dong' - https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/no-party-for-cao-dong-a-fiery-voice-of-their-generation-gig-report.

Twonky Order is a bit of a mystery, there was a theory on here they may be a secret set (Fatboy?), but the lineup page plausibly claims they are a 'contemporary pop rock band', also from Taiwan, playing their first live show since '99.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
typo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Competed the Pussy Parlure lineup on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, after Sonic, from Sol Okarina to House Gospel Choir. As @found home in 2009 says, this stage is a treasure trove of international acts, as well as jazz, soul and funk you might not expect to find in Silver Hayes. They could really do with promoting it more.

There often isn't Setlist.fm for smaller/international acts, but with a bit of digging you can usually find a gig review or live footage to give a guide to what they play, which I use to select playlist tracks. Eg here's a review for the excellently-named Taiwanese post-punk act 'No Party for Cao Dong' - https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/no-party-for-cao-dong-a-fiery-voice-of-their-generation-gig-report.

Twonky Order is a bit of a mystery, there was a theory on here they may be a secret set (Fatboy?), but the lineup page plausibly claims they are a 'contemporary pop rock band', also from Taiwan, playing their first live show since '99.

Didn't realise Twonky Order had already been discussed. Should have known this forum wouldn't miss anything :D And fairplay, your dedication to working out setlists is far greater than mine.

Think No Party for Cao Dong will be good, but the Thursday Pussy Parlure act I'm really looking forward to is Tootard. They're quite bluesy, but also sound really arabic at same time. Makes for an interesting sound.

• Upvote 1

Gully-Blues and Wow lineups now complete and in running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. From the mellow, jazzy house of Laurence Guy on Gully-Blues on Thursday through to Lone's breaks, techno and more on Wow on Sunday, about 3/5 down.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, found home in 2009 said:

Didn't realise Twonky Order had already been discussed. Should have known this forum wouldn't miss anything :D And fairplay, your dedication to working out setlists is far greater than mine.

Think No Party for Cao Dong will be good, but the Thursday Pussy Parlure act I'm really looking forward to is Tootard. They're quite bluesy, but also sound really arabic at same time. Makes for an interesting sound.

Thanks! And yes Tootard's desert blues-rock also stood out to me of the world acts playing there: 

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Gully-Blues and Wow lineups now complete and in running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. From the mellow, jazzy house of Laurence Guy on Gully-Blues on Thursday through to Lone's breaks, techno and more on Wow on Sunday, about 3/5 down.

Thanks! And yes Tootard's desert blues-rock also stood out to me of the world acts playing there: 

Wow! That's bloody great that, Robin! Phewee!

Wormhole ordered (Cykada to DJ Tahira), and Bimble Inn added (Bridges to John Fairhurst), to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. A few Shangri La acts on the latter, which I've included in the Bimble Inn section to follow the official lineup page's stage order.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:39 PM, Woffy said:

Wow! That's bloody great that, Robin! Phewee!

Yeah they're great, hey. Might well warrant a trip to the Pussy Parlure Thursday eve.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wormhole ordered (Cykada to DJ Tahira), and Bimble Inn added (Bridges to John Fairhurst), to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. A few Shangri La acts on the latter, which I've included in the Bimble Inn section to follow the official lineup page's stage order.

Yeah they're great, hey. Might well warrant a trip to the Pussy Parlure Thursday eve.

They are also playing the truth stage later on Thursday if you miss them at pussy parlure

Block 9 and Common stages now complete and in correct order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. A few interesting additions for the Rum Shack, in particular.

Also found this about the Love Unlimited Synth Orchestra: https://soundsmag.co.uk/2019/05/26/the-love-unlimited-synth-orchestra/. Seems they're not going to just be doing the Love Unlimited Orchestra's stuff but will have "a cast of soon-to-be-announced, very special guest vocalists" to sing proper Barry White numbers. So I've swapped out 4/5 instrumentals for classics from the Walrus of Love. Which raises a question as to whether I should be including ABBA tunes at the beginning for Bjørn Again - thoughts on that welcome!

Also updated a few main stage acts based on recent setlists.