Spotify playlist

Brave Sir Robin

Added the Pussy Parlure lineup to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. Several very promising soul and jazz acts on there, a stage it's all too easy to ignore amongst all the dance and hip-hop elsewhere in Silver Hayes. About 2/3 of the way down the playlist, from Emma-Jean Thackray to House Gospel Choir.

Added to the playlist are the Common lineup (again, only DJs who actually play their own material), the Emerging Talent Competition finalists, new TBC John Fairhurst and new SRs Placebo and Gabrielle Aplin. Also updated Fat White Family selections, now that we have the new album.

And thank you @Beerqueen, good to hear.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:01 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Added the Sonic lineup to the Glastonbury 2019 playlist, after Avalon. Enjoyed more of it than I expected tbh, esp the mellower tones of Crazy P, Dan Shake, and FKJ, all new to me. Also recent TBCs Freestylers, Land of Giants and brilliantly-named wonky Welsh slackers Sock.

Just seen the Freestylers TBC - anyone know if it's a live set or a DJ set? Former I'm very much hoping.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Good Morning campers, has anyone made a Shangri La playlist as of yet? Shall I make one? I am at work but more than happy to procrastinate. 

Yes please!  I love the main list but also find the sub-lists really helpful.

I've added the Truth and Scum stage lineups to the big Glastonbury 2019 playlist. So far as possible, the 3 songs played most often live by each act. Also the Gentleman's Dub Club/Nextmen night on Clash, one track per vocalist, and the recently self-confirmed Lukas Nelson & The Promise of the Real, Big Moon, Stanton Warriors, Squid and Mal Webb.

Standouts for me, of the unfamiliar names, are Onipa, described as "a quality union between Afrofuturism, Congotronics, funk and urban electronic vibes" (fronted by KOG from KOG & The Zongo Brigade and featuring members of Nubiyan Twist), and ex-Heck power duo Haggard Cat.

On 5/1/2019 at 2:05 PM, Sasperella said:

@Brave Sir Robin - this playlist is proving extremely useful! But I've got a bit excited about the addition of Crystal Fighters...where have they come from? Are they rumoured/self-confirmed/on a poster without me realising?

I added them after they had a burst of social media activity (likes etc) that suggested they'd be appearing. A bit surprised we've heard nothing further though, so don't get your hopes up too much.

6 hours ago, cb4747 said:

taking it's time but i'm getting there, we are lucky buggers with this line up

Great - and fast! - work @cb4747! You can take off Pragmatic and SOULOUD though, they aren't the right ones (and the real ones don't have any material on Spotify, as far as I can see).

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've added the Truth and Scum stage lineups to the big Glastonbury 2019 playlist. So far as possible, the 3 songs played most often live by each act. Also the Gentleman's Dub Club/Nextmen night on Clash, one track per vocalist, and the recently self-confirmed Lukas Nelson & The Promise of the Real, Big Moon, Stanton Warriors, Squid and Mal Webb.

Standouts for me, of the unfamiliar names, are Onipa, described as "a quality union between Afrofuturism, Congotronics, funk and urban electronic vibes" (fronted by KOG from KOG & The Zongo Brigade and featuring members of Nubiyan Twist), and ex-Heck power duo Haggard Cat.

I added them after they had a burst of social media activity (likes etc) that suggested they'd be appearing. A bit surprised we've heard nothing further though, so don't get your hopes up too much.

Great - and fast! - work @cb4747! You can take off Pragmatic and SOULOUD though, they aren't the right ones (and the real ones don't have any material on Spotify, as far as I can see).

Smashing thanks.

Has anyone done one for The Glade? 

I JUST CANNOT RESIST PROCRASTINATION

Edited by cb4747

Question re Spotify please form

a total techno phobe.  I was using Deezer before. I’ve had a trial which I’ve been listening to on my iPhone. I’ve now upgraded to premium, but it says I’ve got 30 days free premium before I pay anything. However I’m still getting ads and can only listen to music on shuffle. Is there a prob with it on the iPhone? 

West Holts full lineup now present and in correct running order on the Glastonbury 2019 playlist. It's between the main poster and Avalon, about 1/4 through, from The Mauskovic Dance Band to Janelle Monae. As ever, songs selected are those played most often at recent shows (based on Setlist.fm and extra Googling), to give the best idea of what they'll play at the farm; 5 songs for each of the major stage acts.

1 hour ago, Festychick75 said:

Question re Spotify please form

a total techno phobe.  I was using Deezer before. I’ve had a trial which I’ve been listening to on my iPhone. I’ve now upgraded to premium, but it says I’ve got 30 days free premium before I pay anything. However I’m still getting ads and can only listen to music on shuffle. Is there a prob with it on the iPhone? 

There's no problem with it on the iPhone, I use it all the time. Sounds like the app isn't finding your premium account - try logging out and in again? Or re-installing the app?

• Like 2