Top 10 bands/ acts you'd love to see in 2019 - not headliners

Splonk

On 9/20/2018 at 10:53 AM, Giraffe Man said:

Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets

On 9/20/2018 at 2:58 PM, henry bear said:

I was wondering about this a few weeks ago. I think he’d possibly end up on the Pyramid, although whilst the setlist is a thing of beauty for us fans, it could lose casuals waiting for Money and Comfortably Numb. I think you’re right - a decent Park slot would be perfect. 

On 9/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, dentalplan said:

Acoustic, surely? No offence.

My mate went to see these last night and, sure enough, said he was definitely one of the youngest people there. My mate is in his mid-50s...

32 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

He said they'd been asked to headline Other in an interview not long ago.

“What’s funny is that I was chatting to my manager about it, and I was like ‘If we played Glastonbury again, what’s gonna happen?” Parker said when the conversation of Glasto arose. “Because there was talk of maybe headlining The Other Stage,” he added.

“But I was like, ‘We’ve had a taste at the Pyramid Stage now!’ The vibe was so strong! Yeah, I guess so [would headline if asked]. I mean we’d have to double the laser and confetti amount.”

This reads more to me as if they were to play again, they'd want to headline the Pyramid. Which I can't see at the moment.

45 minutes ago, ConorC said:

“What’s funny is that I was chatting to my manager about it, and I was like ‘If we played Glastonbury again, what’s gonna happen?” Parker said when the conversation of Glasto arose. “Because there was talk of maybe headlining The Other Stage,” he added.

“But I was like, ‘We’ve had a taste at the Pyramid Stage now!’ The vibe was so strong! Yeah, I guess so [would headline if asked]. I mean we’d have to double the laser and confetti amount.”

This reads more to me as if they were to play again, they'd want to headline the Pyramid. Which I can't see at the moment.

Sure. But it certainly means they’ve been talking about playing, so it’s not unlikely. I think they know they’re not Pyramid headliners. 

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

My mate went to see these last night and, sure enough, said he was definitely one of the youngest people there. My mate is in his mid-50s...

:lol: Wow.

Yeah I think a Moody Blues type Saturday night Acoustic headliner would be pretty suitable.

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Sure. But it certainly means they’ve been talking about playing, so it’s not unlikely. I think they know they’re not Pyramid headliners. 

I realised when you posted this the other day that it could quite easily have been misinterpreted. Seems more like he was discussing it hypothetically with his manager (because of Parker and friends’ fondness for Glastonbury) rather than actually being in discussions for a slot, which is what I’d thought.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I realised when you posted this the other day that it could quite easily have been misinterpreted. Seems more like he was discussing it hypothetically with his manager (except Parker and friends’ fondness for Glastonbury) rather than actually being in discussions for a slot, which is what I’d thought.

Sounds to me like he was talking about it to his manager because there'd been talk of them headlining the Other Stage, which I can't imagine means anything other than the festival approaching them about doing it. It's not like there were rumours flying around of it happening or owt.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Sounds to me like he was talking about it to his manager because there'd been talk of them headlining the Other Stage, which I can't imagine means anything other than the festival approaching them about doing it. It's not like there were rumours flying around of it happening or owt.

Doesn’t the talk mean between him and his manager? Seems like it could quite easily be that they were discussing what they would do on the casual discussion of headlining the Other Stage.

Plus now if the Pyramid headliners are as rumoured, I can’t see Tame Impala going up against any of ‘em.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Doesn’t the talk mean between him and his manager? Seems like it could quite easily be that they were discussing what they would do on the casual discussion of headlining the Other Stage.

Plus now if the Pyramid headliners are as rumoured, I can’t see Tame Impala going up against any of ‘em.

Dunno, if you put the two quotes together he says "What’s funny is that I was chatting to my manager about it, and I was like ‘If we played Glastonbury again, what’s gonna happen?”, because there was talk of maybe headlining The Other Stage".

Actually I was gonna say that makes it sound like they were having a chat about Glasto because of there being existing talk of them headlining Other, but now I've actually put them together I can see it being interpreted differently.

Fair on them not being suitable to go up against any of the rumoured headliners, and I also get that even if the quote is how I initially interpreted it then the following quote about them having had a taste of the Pyramid may mean that they don't want to accept a slot on the Other Stage.

Frank Turner

Jason Isbell - currently, probably the finest song writer in any genre (IMO)

Joe Bonamassa

Christine and the Queens

Steve Earl

John Grant

Jeff Beck (w.Imelda May?)

Bill Bailey would be great mid afternoon on the Pyramid

Michael Kiwanuka

The Coral

But, most importantly of all me, in the fields of Worthy Farm once more.

Sunday morning panic brass band 

F5 and repeat..... 

Got a ticket... 

load the van man.... 

The streets of Somerset...... 

open them there gates... tribute band 

All parked up..... 

Cold cider in sunsets..... 

The old sons on tour band..... 

It's all Sunshine at glasto...... Glastonbury festival new talent band winners 

AND PEARL JAM.... 

If I get any of those I'll be happy 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sunday morning panic brass band 

F5 and repeat..... 

Got a ticket... 

load the van man.... 

The streets of Somerset...... 

open them there gates... tribute band 

All parked up..... 

Cold cider in sunsets..... 

The old sons on tour band..... 

Sunshine at glasto...... Glastonbury festival new talent band winners 

If I get any of those I'll be happy 

And Pearl Jam

• Upvote 1

1. Cher (in the legend spot singing nothing but hits from her upcoming ABBA covers album)
  2. Bon Iver (headlining Other Stage with the set that we deserved in 2017)
  3. Frank Ocean (also headlining OS)
  4. Kali Uchis (vibey)
  5. Vampire Weekend (intrigued by recent live reviews)
  6. Lana Del Rey (new tune bangs)

That'll do for me.