'Female, not British' artist for Sunday legend slot

pie_and_a_pint

22 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Sorry H.M.V. although @Beerqueen started it! :P

Sorry, guilty as charged!  But that's one of the beauties of these threads.  Just because it's Called Female not British for Sunday, you have to open it because it may be that Radiohead is being discussed.  Or in the Fleetwood Mac thread I may be calling @henry bearsmug and discussing the wearing of t-shirts at gigs.  

If in weeks to come I want to find where I posted a picture of my Cure t-shirt, there's no way I'll think to look in the Fleetwood Mac thread!

It keeps you on your toes!

Edited by Beerqueen
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry, guilty as charged!  But that's one of the beauties of these threads.  Just because it's Called Female not British for Sunday, you have to open it because it may be that Radiohead is being discussed.  Or in the Fleetwood Mac thread I may be calling @henry bearsmug and discussing the wearing of t-shirts at gigs.  

If in weeks to come I want to find where I posted a picture of my Cure t-shirt, there's no way I'll think to look in the Fleetwood Mac thread!

It keeps you on your toes!

Have you had your induction from @bennyhana22 about T shirts at gigs? 

I enjoyed ELO but they were 100x more enjoyable on their arena tour earlier in the year. Shit weather, an ambivalent crowd and the expectations of the legends slot following Lionel and Dolly screwed them. The stage/light show was also pretty cool on their tour which they obviously didn't have mid-afternoon on the Pyramid.

Just now, zico martin said:

Just watched the 70s A Star is Born this afternoon to compare to the new one, which left me wondering what's Babs up to these days. Is she still performing and couldn't she be a class legend act?

Watched it ourselves the other day. God it was cheesy as fuck. Babs was brilliant though

45 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Just watched the 70s A Star is Born this afternoon to compare to the new one, which left me wondering what's Babs up to these days. Is she still performing and couldn't she be a class legend act?

Plays occasional concerts for huge fees. Unlikely to be trudging onto the Pyramid in her wellies.

6 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Have you seen the new one btw?

I haven't, no, as I don't really get to the cinema much these days. Will probably wait until it's on Netflix tbh. I do like Gaga though and wholeheartedly approve a Glasto headline slot (only downside is that would potentially put me at the pyramid three days in a row on current rumours, a fate to be dreaded).

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I haven't, no, as I don't really get to the cinema much these days. Will probably wait until it's on Netflix tbh. I do like Gaga though and wholeheartedly approve a Glasto headline slot (only downside is that would potentially put me at the pyramid three days in a row on current rumours, a fate to be dreaded).

It's really good (I personally think it's better than the babs one) but i have the same concerns as you with potentially 3 nights at the pyramid stage :(