Just now, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

More likely Tool will play late night after The Cure TBH, they aren't bigger but sure they are more exclusive and day ticket will fly like crazy for that live

A Perfect Circle played 1am last year at Download Madrid (really played later due to some sound problems). I agree with Yelo, they suit perfectcly in a late night slot.

37 minutes ago, thetime said:

Werchter is certainly enticing for me, if only Pink didn’t stick out like a sore thumb. 

I thought the same at first, but after watching some of her recent gigs (on YouTube) I am interested to see her.  She has a great voice, writes a lot of her own music and seems to put on a good show.  Not one for me to rush to the front, but watching with a beer in hand, I think I will know more of her songs than I think.

I have not seen her perform before.  She will be better than Artic Monkeys of last year (for me) for sure :)

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, IdleWild78 said:

I thought the same at first, but after watching some of her recent gigs (on YouTube) I am interested to see her.  She has a great voice, writes a lot of her own music and seems to put on a good show.  Not one for me to rush to the front, but watching with a beer in hand, I think I will know more of her songs than I think.

I have not seen her perform before.  She will be better than Artic Monkeys of last year (for me) for sure :)

Saw her at sziget for about 20 minutes at sziget,not great. 

7 hours ago, Nicklord said:

So basically Rock Werchter got every European headliner except for FF and Slipknot 

exactly! ?They should leave some spots open to get some bands who will become available later. It's nice to have so many names so early but i'm missing something more exclusive, something not touring all summer across the Europe. 

5 minutes ago, activean said:

exactly! ?They should leave some spots open to get some bands who will become available later. It's nice to have so many names so early but i'm missing something more exclusive, something not touring all summer across the Europe. 

I think there is litterally nothing more excsluvie than Tool in Europe in the last decade. But that could be just me.

I think that if they can secure something different than a dancing closer after Pink (not that it would be a problem if the dancing closer is worth the spot), it would be ace - Werchter always has strong undercard, so I can stand 2 days with average headliners

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think there is litterally nothing more excsluvie than Tool in Europe in the last decade. But that could be just me.

I think he meant exclusive as an only concert in Europe/country/summer, Tool announced almost everywhere yesterday :)

Edited by alan_ts

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

In a few weeks Mad Cool (as they seemed to promise) will reveal their first names and we'll be better able to assess whether RW has done a great job. Unless Mad Cool has a far worse line-up compared to this year. 

Names mentioned so far for Mad Cool are The Cure (seem like a stick on), Smashing Pumpkins and The Strokes. I don't think Rock Werchter could really have done any better so far than it has done - there's not much else touring except Foos who have only just played, and Tool is a ridiculous booking.

27 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Names mentioned so far for Mad Cool are The Cure (seem like a stick on), Smashing Pumpkins and The Strokes. I don't think Rock Werchter could really have done any better so far than it has done - there's not much else touring except Foos who have only just played, and Tool is a ridiculous booking.

The Cure could play Primavera Sound, in which case they wouldn't play Mad Cool so I wouldnt say they're a stick on

Edited by rhg_99

8 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

The Cure could play Primavera Sound, in which case they wouldn't play Mad Cool so I wouldnt say they're a stick on

Well Arctic Monkeys played both last year, but tbh I think The Cure are way more likely for Mad Cool. They already did Primavera a few years ago, and have never played Mad Cool. They fit in perfectly with the Mad Cool lineup from last year - especially the headliners. And based on how massive the Mad Cool lineup was last year, they seem to have stacks of money. They have no dates yet on Mad Cool weekend so I reckon they'll do Mad Cool/NOS Alive that weekend.

But yeah, maybe stick on was a slight exaggeration. They defo seem the most obvious name to me, though.

50 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Something I threw together, with names that could be around next summer. Obviously missing Belgian artists and more to satisfy an older audience. Welcoming suggestions for potential inclusions/exclusions

MUSE (1).png

Well done! Poster looks great, can't see The Smashing Pumpkins that far down. I would be all over that lineup!!

11 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Something I threw together, with names that could be around next summer. Obviously missing Belgian artists and more to satisfy an older audience. Welcoming suggestions for potential inclusions/exclusions

MUSE (1).png

that’s too good to be true

14 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

MUSE (1).png

Few considerations: I think that the bill is realistic but there are too many undervalued acts in there:

Smashing Pumpkins, Lana del Rey and Tame Impala are cohead material, Slash down there is totally unrealistic and I'd say the same about Jungle, Greta Van Fleet and Brockhampton. Other than that, I would buy this 24/7