All Points East Festival 2019

17 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for Bon Iver day? I already like Snail Mail and Julien Baker. Tried Mac DeMarco but wasn't really my thing but currently enjoying a first listen to Ezra Furman. 

If you're not already planning to see The Tallest Man on Earth, then make sure you do. 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for Bon Iver day? I already like Snail Mail and Julien Baker. Tried Mac DeMarco but wasn't really my thing but currently enjoying a first listen to Ezra Furman. 

My current plan is to see KOKOKO > Snail Mail > Julien Baker > Tallest Man > Westerman > John Grant > Gwenno > Bon Iver. 

Would really recommend giving Westerman a listen if you haven’t before! 

For those of you who sent a complaint email you'll probably get something like below, no thank you or anything like that as expected, and a pathetic excuse of a refund.

Thank you for your email about The Strokes on Saturday 25th May. 

Sound levels and audio quality at All Points East in 2018 were widely reviewed as being excellent and we have continued to invest a lot of time and money to ensure we deliver the best sound experience for artists and fans at All Points East.

It's hugely regretful that in spite of delivering the same systems and equipment for this year’s bands, as well as delivering really good sound quality throughout the whole weekend, some fans have commented about lower sound levels where they were standingduring The Strokes.

Sound readings at the Front of House position were 99 to 100db throughout The Strokes’ set. These levels are independently monitored and are available on request. For comparison, that is louder than any previous All Points East event and we know from our own personal experiences of watching the show that the majority of audience was not affected. However, these reports show that some people were and we want fans to know that we take these complaints seriously. It is very important to us that fans know that thiswas not down to anyone turning the volume down or trying to do anything but work together to deliver a great experience.

In line with our T&Cs no full or partial refunds will be made, but as a gesture to those who feel affected we have re-allocated some guest tickets for weekend 2 for you to come back to another show on 31st May – 2nd June 2019 as our guest. The offer is madein good faith to fans who feel they were genuinely affected and so they have a chance to come back to see another show.

We have to be able to track this offer so that its gets to original ticket holders. It is therefore restricted to the primary ticket purchaser who has contacted customer services directly and is capped at the number of tickets on the original order. These are subject to availability and must be redeemed by 2pm on Thursday 30th May 2019.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Is there anybody else on here who is going to the BMTH day on Friday? I’m stupidly excited for it. 

I am :) buzzing for it also, driving down from Nottingham

Wanted to see IDLES, WSS & Architects for a long time and BMTH always put on a good show. - SWS was a nice last min surprise too

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Is there anybody else on here who is going to the BMTH day on Friday? I’m stupidly excited for it. 

With you now that makes 7 people going in total :P

Yeah I'm going. I'm really looking forward to Black Futures and Idles even with their short set times.

It's annoying as I'm mostly going for my girlfriend who's a big fan of Alice Glass, Nothing But Thieves & Run The Jewels (there's a few acts I like but if it weren't cheap I'd skip it) but between getting off work and having to go home early to inject our diabetic cat she's literally just going to see 2 bands plus my mates aren't coming till after work so I'm spending most of the day at the fest it on my own.

21 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah planning to get there for gates openning but I only know Alice Glass, Health, Idles and Run the Jewels. Who else is worth seeing that won't clash with them?

5 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

Yeah planning to get there for gates openning but I only know Alice Glass, Health, Idles and Run the Jewels. Who else is worth seeing that won't clash with them?

I love talk show, yonaka and nothing but thieves. More to the indie rock side

31 minutes ago, James96 said:

For those of you who sent a complaint email you'll probably get something like below, no thank you or anything like that as expected, and a pathetic excuse of a refund.

Thank you for your email about The Strokes on Saturday 25th May. 

Sound levels and audio quality at All Points East in 2018 were widely reviewed as being excellent and we have continued to invest a lot of time and money to ensure we deliver the best sound experience for artists and fans at All Points East.

It's hugely regretful that in spite of delivering the same systems and equipment for this year’s bands, as well as delivering really good sound quality throughout the whole weekend, some fans have commented about lower sound levels where they were standingduring The Strokes.

Sound readings at the Front of House position were 99 to 100db throughout The Strokes’ set. These levels are independently monitored and are available on request. For comparison, that is louder than any previous All Points East event and we know from our own personal experiences of watching the show that the majority of audience was not affected. However, these reports show that some people were and we want fans to know that we take these complaints seriously. It is very important to us that fans know that thiswas not down to anyone turning the volume down or trying to do anything but work together to deliver a great experience.

In line with our T&Cs no full or partial refunds will be made, but as a gesture to those who feel affected we have re-allocated some guest tickets for weekend 2 for you to come back to another show on 31st May – 2nd June 2019 as our guest. The offer is madein good faith to fans who feel they were genuinely affected and so they have a chance to come back to see another show.

We have to be able to track this offer so that its gets to original ticket holders. It is therefore restricted to the primary ticket purchaser who has contacted customer services directly and is capped at the number of tickets on the original order. These are subject to availability and must be redeemed by 2pm on Thursday 30th May 2019.

They're deluded. Here's some tickets that we can barely even give away...

2 hours ago, -anklebiter- said:

I have 2 x tickets for Mumford and Sons and 2 x tickets for BMTH.. I want to trade with someone for Bon Iver!

p.s tickets are back on o2 priority for free!

Will trade for mumford and sons ones