Plastic Bottle Ban?

vintagelaureate

12 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

For me, one of the most iconic sights at the pyramid stage is seeing the guy year after year selling Vodka Jellies - even in the fallow year I was lucky enough to meet him plying his trade at Beautiful Days. Can you sell individual Vodka Jelly in something other than little plastic pots??? 

The chap who sprays himself silver?

54 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The paper ‘shot’ pots of the type you squirt your ketchup / mayo into at fast food places or on cross channel ferries?

That’s what we’re ordering for our infused alcohol day on the Thursday rather than the plastic shot glasses of old.  You’re right, should work for jelly as well!

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

That’s what we’re ordering for our infused alcohol day on the Thursday rather than the plastic shot glasses of old.  You’re right, should work for jelly as well!

Won’t the jelly get caught in the creases.  I’d try some straight jelly in them first before risking vodka

7 hours ago, tarw said:

Won’t the jelly get caught in the creases.  I’d try some straight jelly in them first before risking vodka

Excellent risk averse attitude towards potential spirit loss. 

@Charmrecommended some lovely metal shot glasses from eBay. 

Edit. Crap idea. Ignore. 

Edited by Woffy

We're anticipating around 20 different infused alcohols, and just pondering what to bring them in.  We usually save bottles from squash and the like.  Need to be at least 500ml.  @morph100 have you got a link to any of the steel bottles you mention?

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

We're anticipating around 20 different infused alcohols, and just pondering what to bring them in.  We usually save bottles from squash and the like.  Need to be at least 500ml.  @morph100 have you got a link to any of the steel bottles you mention?

TOOGOO 2L Stainless Steel Homebrew Beer Growler Secure Swing Top Lid Big Capacity Beer Bottles For Outdoor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N13B2GG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_7NS1Cb7B7JNYA

These type of ones, think they cheaper on eBay and come in different sizes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taking place today at the International Music Summit (IMS Ibiza) 2019, key music industry members met to discuss the reduction of single-use plastics within the industry.

With the discussion taking place around the ‘Bye Bye To Plastics – How The Music Industry Can Evolve Together For A Greener Future’ panel, it was highlighted that according to ‘The Show Must Go On, An Alarming Report From Festival Thinktank - Powerful Thinking’, UK festivals produce 23,500 tonnes of waste with audiences consuming 10 million plastic bottles per year. The report also indicates that UK festivals use 5 million litres of fuel and emit almost 20,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide (CO2) every single year.

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here they are.

DSC_1508.JPG

Excellent. Wish we had all caught on years ago.

Put out my recycling last night and still amazes me how much plastic we use even though we have cut down where we can.

Food Packaging needs a real re-think. No idea what the answer is but we can send rockets to mercury and Pluto so we should be able to work it out

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Yup.

Even peanut butter comes in plastic pots nowadays, having given up on the glass it used for decades. :( 

It can't be that hard to switch back, surely?

The smaller Meridian stuff still comes in glass, and it's delish. Not as cheap as the big plastic tub mind you, unless you get a good deal. 

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Meridian is also palm oil-free which is super important for the orangs!

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Indeed. Great brand. I can't get enough the stuff.

I get through a LOT of it.

Big question - crunchy or smooth? And yes this could be the cream/jam or tea/coffee debate all over again

6 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here they are.

DSC_1508.JPG

This might be a daft question- but is it weird drinking water from a can? I remember when they tried canned milk a decade or two ago and it bombed because people just thought it was wrong!

I mainly drink pop and I've never liked the move to plastic bottles (I'm sure it was only done to inflate the price), so will be glad to see a return to cans- they make a most satisfying sound when you open them and contain just the right amount.

10 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I mainly drink pop and I've never liked the move to plastic bottles (I'm sure it was only done to inflate the price), so will be glad to see a return to cans- they make a most satisfying sound when you open them and contain just the right amount.

I drink it too ... but its nice to keep a lid on things sometimes ... if its too much :)