Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

SOAD is a shite booking too, but DL appeal to a completely different fanbase. RATM would be a great booking for DL for example.

Yep. If Download had nabbed them instead the reaction would have been a lot better and their twitter feed wouldn't have been full of yer sons and zoomers calling them goths.

2 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

SOAD is a shite booking too, but DL appeal to a completely different fanbase. RATM would be a great booking for DL for example.

Exactly this. It is I agree but I didn't see them last time mainly as the lineup didn't appeal but this year that day does. I didn't see them sub Green Day though as 2.5hrs of heeyyy oooh twice before is enough.

Rage will shift day tickets to people dying to see them. Some of these people will possibly get a weekend ticket instead. They'll have a decent crowd but yeah to a large portion of the crowd they'll be a novelty, and a hell of a lot of the weekend attendees will probably end up at AJ Tracey.

They're a cool booking, and a lot of people who won't have considered going for years will now want to go for a day. Not a shite booking but they are definitely a bit of a weird booking. I'll be interested to see what their crowd is like to be honest, maybe the demographic will shift a little this year.

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There is no point to this at all

Potentially although it might just look a bigger gap, also I think Wolf Alice sub, Gerry and Courteeners might sell great up north but below they are box standard.

Definitely not a vocal one.

I don't think anyone cares anymore.

See the source image

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Rage will shift day tickets to people dying to see them. Some of these people will possibly get a weekend ticket instead. They'll have a decent crowd but yeah to a large portion of the crowd they'll be a novelty, and a hell of a lot of the weekend attendees will probably end up at AJ Tracey.

They're a cool booking, and a lot of people who won't have considered going for years will now want to go for a day. Not a shite booking but they are definitely a bit of a weird booking. I'll be interested to see what their crowd is like to be honest, maybe the demographic will shift a little this year.

They've definitely booked The Bronx and Gallows on a separate day for a reason but at the same time they've booked a band that looks generally so out of place on a lineup from a festival that had been selling their rockier roots day the best in the last two years and not booked anything else with it. I'd describe it as a day at V Festival with RATM headlining.

7 hours ago, TornShaun said:

Yup! I had to suffer Macklemore so I could be near the front for Blink lol

Same here and it was when he only had one album also yet he justified a spot one down from the headliner😂 he actually played his biggest song 3 times too! What happened to Blink mate surely they won't be announced now or maybe a secret set followed by an Autumn Uk Tour? Gutted they weren't announced today. 

I've just bought my day ticket for RATM at Leeds 😀 This is the first time since 2012 I've bought a ticket on line up release day so they've done something right. I will spend the time between now and August cursing the Courteeners though. I sincerely hope that IDLES will clash with them and finish 10-15mins before RATM begin so I can leg it down to the Main Stage. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I've just bought my day ticket for RATM at Leeds 😀 This is the first time since 2012 I've bought a ticket on line up release day so they've done something right. I will spend the time between now and August cursing the Courteeners though. I sincerely hope that IDLES will clash with them and finish 10mins before RATM begin. 

Have to say, I'm excited for the mad rush

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

There was never any danger of a direct clash between Rage and IDLES. The problem will be how much time there is between the two.

If Rage get a 2 hour slot they'd be playing during most of Idles. Maybe there's a closing set.

Also, strange how Declan McKenna is 4th down R1 and has his own logo. Potentially means we've not had one more in the top 4 on the other two days of the R1. Maybe Idles are 3rd rather than subs (purely for the sake of avoiding clashes, rather than size). Wouldn't surprise me but probably unlikely.

Edited by TheWaters

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Jesus Christ, I've just checked out Gerry Cinnamon at TRNSMT and that crowd was insane. That is the loudest singalong I've ever heard and it was for every song. He seems like a really humble and sound guy. It's a shame the music he makes is garbage. 

Not a chance it was louder than Guns N Roses / Slipknot / Queen singalongs....

That said TRNSMT crowds (and T in Park crowds before that) are some of the loudest you'll find anywhere whoever s on stage.... something to do with Scottish people and booze....

Edited by madmaninabox

4 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

If Rage get a 2 hour slot they'd be playing during most of Idles. Maybe there's a closing set.

Also, strange how Declan McKenna is 4th down R1 and has his own logo. Potentially means we've not had one more in the top 4 on the other two days of the R1. Maybe Idles are 3rd rather than subs (purely for the sake of avoiding clashes, rather than size). Wouldn't surprise me but probably unlikely.

Rage won't play for 2 hours. As far as I can see on Youtube, most of their sets seem to be less than an hour 15.

Just now, jj200 said:

It not going be good for a headline set and do you think courteeners will get extextend sub slot

No. Probably just slightly bigger slots for the smaller acts on the stage rather than just playing 25 mins or 30 mins. RATM will probably be billed as having 1hr 30 I assume anyway, could just come out late like last time lmao.