Lineup 2020

randlfan

1 minute ago, La fiesta said:

I've got tickets to see Frank tomorrow in Manchester, gonna have a few afternoon pints around the venue so will keep an eye out for him, can't imagine it though? Massive balls up on festival republic side if it were to be a reunion. 

ayy i’m at FC tomorrow as well, going down to london to see him at Ally Pally as well

6 minutes ago, lukecork said:

Frank left about 2011 i think if not earlier, they got Wade in from Alexisonfire straight away. They've done 2 studio albums and an EP i think with him,  They're not very active much though.

That's correct but they weren't active as the Wade version of Gallows split up in 2015 and then they reformed (with Wade, not Frank?!) last year.

Edited by jump

4 minutes ago, La fiesta said:

I've got tickets to see Frank tomorrow in Manchester, gonna have a few afternoon pints around the venue so will keep an eye out for him, can't imagine it though? Massive balls up on festival republic side if it were to be a reunion. 

Hahah get smashed an just throw him the big Q brother.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

That's correct but they weren't active as the Wade version of Gallows split up in 2015 and then they reformed (with Wade, not Frank?!) last year.

I don't they ever split, was just hard work as they live across the globe.

2 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Aren't alexisonfire active now though? 

Yes, I think there was bad blood when  they first split as it was heavily Dallas wanting to do C&C full time.

They seem as happy as ever together now, do few shows each year and have done new material, confusing one really.

Just now, La fiesta said:

They released a song on Spotify last month but couldn't tell you how active they've been. 

Just realised the lock up is missing Glassjaw from the lock up day with Gallows are its virtually the same as last years Slam Dunk, weak as fuck booking from FR.

What a track btw.... George is a big Nick Cave & the badseeds fan that influence really rubbed off on that song.

Familiar drugs was outstanding too, Alexisonfire my fave band of all time, day i turned 18 had to get the heart skull tattooed on me

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Never listened to them tbf, but I will have a listen! Same as a lot of the bands on there I don’t know and see if there’s anything I come across I like! Been told to check out HO99O9

I think you'll really like Gallows, their first two albums (Especially Grey Britain) were incredible. They've had a vocal change and brought a couple more albums out I rated the self titled personally. 

Lots of people were listening to Grey Britain again following brexit lol

Edited by lukecork

3 minutes ago, lukecork said:

I think you'll really like Gallows, their first two albums (Especially Grey Britain) were incredible. They've had a vocal change and brought a couple more albums out I rated the self titled personally. 

Yeah, I love the two Gallows albums with Wade. Not as good as the ones with Frank but they’re massively underrated in my opinion.

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Like 1

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I love the two Gallows albums with Wade. Not as good as the ones with Grank but they’re massively underrated in my opinion.

I hope your username is Rival Schools (The band) related, wow dont hear of them much anymore. Not seen anything of them since 2011 and that tour with trail of the dead (Might of been 2012).

8 minutes ago, La fiesta said:

They released a song on Spotify last month but couldn't tell you how active they've been. 

Just realised the lock up is missing Glassjaw from the lock up day with Gallows are its virtually the same as last years Slam Dunk, weak as fuck booking from FR.5ccbeff0c3f86ae554c8ce9d_slamdunk.jpg

I know it’s only personal opinion but Gallows, Bronx and Cancer Bats are perfect for me, love all three.

Much better personally than all the rappers that they for some reason have started putting in the Pit/lockup.

Also love Sunday with Fever333, Creeper, Ho99o9 and Black Peaks.

Only Friday looking weak for me (I haven’t had a chance to check out all the bands I’ve never heard of but instinct tells me that Bladee and Ashnikko are rappers (who if last year is anything to go by will pull out at the last minute)

2 hours ago, stanh said:

Highly doubt Dua Lipa will be there, small chance Lizzo could be added to the main stage - between DBE and Gerry, but don't think it's likely really, would be good to see though! She would get a huge crowd.

2 hours ago, theesundayroast said:

Would love either although sadly don't see it happening 

Ah ok! Cheers guys, thats a shame.

4 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I know it’s only personal opinion but Gallows, Bronx and Cancer Bats are perfect for me, love all three.

FR has copied a smaller festivals line up (from just last year), act for act in the exact same order and managed to make it weaker by letting Gallows headline. Its weak and unoriginal and shouldn't be defended and I love all three of them bands. 

2 minutes ago, La fiesta said:

FR has copied a smaller festivals line up (from just last year), act for act in the exact same order and managed to make it weaker by letting Gallows headline. Its weak and unoriginal and shouldn't be defended and I love all three of them bands. 

It may have been a problem if I had been to Slam Dunk, though I think I’d be happy to see them again, but I didn’t go to Slam Dunk and I’d take those three over Ghostemane and whoever last year anytime.

Basically, instead of Gerry Cinnamon and Noel Gallagher I’ll be watching Cancer Bats, Bronx and Gallows. That can only be described as a result in my book.

Each to their own and all that.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What exactly has Lady Leshurr done in the last few years to be bumped up onto the Main Stage? She hasn't released an album since 2014, an EP since 2017 and according to Setlist FM, she's only played 12 shows since December 2017. It seems like a really dated booking. 

She got pretty popular off of her Queens Speech songs, always saw them shared on facebook by self proclaimed 'bad bitches'