Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Foals in 2016. Probably my favourite headline set I've seen at the festival. Was pouring with rain at points, but that just made it even more intense and fun imo.

Always find myself being drawn back into watching that set on YouTube it looked phenomenal, that eight or so minute build up during Two Steps Twice gives me goosebumps, same goes for all the endings of Providence

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Thirty Seconds To Mars at Leeds 2011. Leto barely sang any of the songs, wasted so much time talking between songs and his messiah complex was on full display. I had bought a ticket primarily to see them and walked away from the set a bit pissed off at how crap it was. The Kill was great though. 

That pretty much sums up the only time i've watched them in 2018 on their tour! 'Jared Show'!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Interpol sent the entire crowd to sleep at Reading 2011. Weird as fuck booking looking back at the time. The crowd was not here for it at all.

Interpol sent the crowd to sleep at TRNSMT 2018 subbing AM.

I flew in the early hours from QOTSA at Finsbury to Glasgow and I nodded off a few times and my feet were wrecked.

12 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

What? Yes he has. Unless there's extra tickets now on sale.

I think you’re misunderstanding his point, he means he was already drawing huge crowds (like in the video) before he even went on tour with The Courteeners. He was already able to sell out Hampden or any large Scottish gigs before he did the tour with them.

Special mention for Limp Bizkit in 2015 being one of the funnest hours I’ve ever had. 

Extra special shout out to the guy who ran into the middle of the pit that had opened up during Take A Look Around who dropped his shorts, did a shit and legged it out again in about 8 seconds. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Circa Waves at Community 2018. They were poor that day. Could of been cos of bad mixing tho

I actually thought they were one of the best that day. Not quite as good as TDCC and Vaccines were mind. They were far better than Sundara Karma though. They’re one of my favourite bands in that genre but they are not suited whatsoever to big stages. Way better on small stages and intimate venues

Just now, OnlyRevolutions said:

They were also pretty average opening for Arctic Monkeys at TRNSMT, nobody in that crowd around me was invested

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Interpol sent the crowd to sleep at TRNSMT 2018 subbing AM.

I flew in the early hours from QOTSA at Finsbury to Glasgow and I nodded off a few times and my feet were wrecked.

Honestly the whole crowd were waiting for Muse and couldn’t give a fuck about who was onstage in front of them. Elbow got the crowd going a bit for A day like this - but I’ve never seen so many people asleep stood up at once. Also most people were just chatting through the whole set.

I was actually checking my watch like when is this band gonna get off stage.

2 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

That pretty much sums up the only time i've watched them in 2018 on their tour! 'Jared Show'!

All I can remember from that set is Jared cared more about getting fans on stage than actually playing the songs.

1 minute ago, metallimuse said:

I think you’re misunderstanding his point, he means he was already drawing huge crowds (like in the video) before he even went on tour with The Courteeners. He was already able to sell out Hampden or any large Scottish gigs before he did the tour with them.

Was he able to sell out outdoor shows in Cardiff and Dublin, as well as selling out Manchester Arena? 

He may not be as big as he is here, but he's still big, and given his live reputation, will probably get bigger again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheWaters said:

I actually thought they were one of the best that day. Not quite as good as TDCC and Vaccines were mind. They were far better than Sundara Karma though. They’re one of my favourite bands in that genre but they are not suited whatsoever to big stages. Way better on small stages and intimate venues

Aha probably just where I was. I’ve see them at other gigs and they’ve been good. That was a great day though