Lineup 2020

randlfan

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Really? Loved that set, they were amazing. 

Really love it when a band takes 50 minutes to play a song I know. 

I was more of a casual fan tbh. My mates a big fan and he absolutely loved it. Wish I’d have gone and seen The Streets instead.

2 minutes ago, Helenahe said:

Why were KOL so bad? Seeing them at boardmasters this year

They just don't have the stage presence, the songs are good on record and he's got the pipes for it but they're just so boring to sit through i'm not sure if its a problem with their setlist not having enough bangers in it or the stage presence being none existent, i just cant stand through them, i've tried on three occasions now as i do like them but they're getting swerved in the future

1 minute ago, TKOCF said:

Really love it when a band takes 50 minutes to play a song I know. 

I was more of a casual fan tbh. My mates a big fan and he absolutely loved it. Wish I’d have gone and seen The Streets instead.

Fair enough I can understand it wouldn’t be for casuals as much. You doing 2020?

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

They just don't have the stage presence, the songs are good on record and he's got the pipes for it but they're just so boring to sit through i'm not sure if its a problem with their setlist not having enough bangers in it or the stage presence being none existent, i just cant stand through them, i've tried on three occasions now as i do like them but they're getting swerved in the future

In addition to this, they don’t even have the songs to properly get involved/mosh to, like Alex Turner has no stage presence but the tracks are at least active enough.

Edited by TKOCF

Just now, TKOCF said:

In addition to this, they don’t even have the songs to properly get involved/mosh to, like Alex Turner has no stage presence but the tracks are at least active enough to.

This is a hot take, Alex Turner in my opinion radiates stage presence, think he's got a lot of persona and interacts with the crowd well, maybe not so much now as he did when he was younger and just starting out though (when it was about nights out in sheffield rather than a hotel on the moon)

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Fair enough I can understand it wouldn’t be for casuals as much. You doing 2020?

Nah, couldn’t get tickets, I’d love to go in the resale but money is an issue being a poor student. 

Doing Hella Mega Tour, Kendall and possibly Rage against the Machine’s triumphant 2020 headlining Leeds day instead.

Edited by TKOCF

1 minute ago, TKOCF said:

In addition to this, they don’t even have the songs to properly get involved/mosh to, like Alex Turner has no stage presence but the tracks are at least active enough to.

Even FONTAINES D.C are class live and Grian Chatten doesn’t say anything aside from ‘we don’t do encores’ or ‘last song’

6 minutes ago, K2001 said:

heard from the lead singer of a smaller band on the main stage in 2017 that they haven’t been booked yet but are still hopeful that they will, do reading not book smaller acts til closer to the festival then? 

Wording was actually ‘nothing in the diary as of yet but fingers crossed’ so if anyone figures out who it is they’re probs playing again this year 😂