Lineup 2020

randlfan

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Listening back to Touché Amoré’s ‘Stage Four’ (album of the decade btw) and I selfishly hope they play the Lock Up even though I’m well aware it’d just be me about 60 other people having a lovely time.

They played in 2014 and the tent was pretty packed at Leeds, still think they would be a decent booking.

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Listening back to Touché Amoré’s ‘Stage Four’ (album of the decade btw) and I selfishly hope they play the Lock Up even though I’m well aware it’d just be me about 60 other people having a lovely time.

Yoo

It literally topped my Top 10 albums of the decade in the Glastonbury thread. I revisited it before I saw them in October and it's fucking flawless. I mean, the fucking lyrics. The most heart-wrenching, crushing, uplifting and relatable shit. I absolutely love it to pieces. 

New album on the way so I hope so! Hoping for Slam Dunk as I think I might be there next year.

Edited by JSmurphy

33 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yoo

It literally topped my Top 10 albums of the decade in the Glastonbury thread. I revisited it before I saw them in October and it's fucking flawless. I mean, the fucking lyrics. The most heart-wrenching, crushing, uplifting and relatable shit. I absolutely love it to pieces. 

New album on the way so I hope so! Hoping for Slam Dunk as I think I might be there next year.

It is flawless. I hold up really well until it gets to the ‘I hope you never leave me be’ part in New Halloween and I just feel myself welling up every single time :lol: 

2 hours ago, dannymichaels said:

Predictions (plus a few randoms). Thoughts?

76547587.png

Way too emo/pop/punk - no where near enough indie/rap in big slots. I expect an indie sub and a rap headliner and sub ontop of liam gallagher at the least. This would be like some weird slam dunk with bigger acts/big weekend crossover festival

4 hours ago, strangerkings said:

Weird how times change in no less than three years. Reading and Leeds always used to be a primarily rock festival. Now people consider it an indie and hip-hop festival. 

R&L hasn’t changed. What’s changed is what is popular in the mainstream. R&L has always been the zeitgeist festival. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, strangerkings said:

Weird how times change in no less than three years. Reading and Leeds always used to be a primarily rock festival. Now people consider it an indie and hip-hop festival. 

Used to be a jazz fest but you don’t hear people crying over the lack of bleeding gums Murphy 

Edited by Properbigfan

First time at Reading next year, taking my son. I like rock music but he's into hip hop (and hates rock all together!). Will we see more rock or hip hop at this festival? I've heard rumours that in the near future, rock bands will be a thing of the past for Reading. x

Edited by rockfan70x

13 minutes ago, rockfan70x said:

First time at Reading next year, taking my son. I like rock music but he's into hip hop (and hates rock all together!). Will we see more rock or hip hop at this festival? I've heard rumours that in the near future, rock bands will be a thing of the past for Reading. x

You'll be spoilt for choice for both of those. Acts of those genres are spread across most of the stages now too. This is how last year panned out:

https://clashfinder.com/s/read2019

Enjoy the festival!