Lineup 2020

randlfan

I wouldn’t lie I think they’ve really struggled this year to book acts especially some of headline status hence Liam Gallagher being announced as a rush to try and shift some Christmas Tickets. I think at the point chaps we’re gonna have to expect probably the worst with a ticket price drop on the cards. Sad times ☹️ 

3 hours ago, Sgraham said:

I think it will be MCR sadly for me. I think it's a double bluff on his part.

They are just not my cup of tea, wouldn't go see them for free to be honest...

Wouldn’t that be lovelY

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

Think Travis might be a little over the hill to be headlining. Sub maybe.

Saw them headline the tent in 98, great scenes.

Although I think BRA may have been on after them in the end, either way I missed the Beastie Boys to see those two! 

There will be idiots saying the same about Dave and the 1975 in 20 years time

Edited by Benj

4 minutes ago, Benj said:

Saw them headline the tent in 98, great scenes.

Although I think BRA may have been on after them in the end, either way I missed the Beastie Boys to see those two! 

There will be idiots saying the same about Dave and the 1975 in 20 years time

I would give a kidney to have seen the Beastie Boys! My ultimate regret on someone i'll never get to see live before i die! 😢

18 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I would give a kidney to have seen the Beastie Boys! My ultimate regret on someone i'll never get to see live before i die! 😢

Just found this, mad how much smaller the stage (arena and crowd) were back then.  I think we used to camp at a spot that would now be between the Dance and NME Tent!

The arena goes all the way back to that group of buildings in the pic below now. Car park started back there to the right in the good ol days

Image result for reading festival 1998 aerial

Edited by Benj
  • Like 1

Just now, Benj said:

Just found this, mad how much smaller the stage (arena and crowd) were back then.  I think we used to camp at a spot that would now be between the Dance and NME Tent!

The arena goes all the way back to that group of buildings now. Car park started back there in the good ol days

Image result for reading festival 1998 aerial

That's like when i first went in 1996, we camped near some swimming place, and we was late to setting up on the Thursday then, but looking back it was close to the arena

1 minute ago, TornShaun said:

That's like when i first went in 1996, we camped near some swimming place, and we was late to setting up on the Thursday then, but looking back it was close to the arena

The Rivermeade leisure center, think they used to do cllub nights in there on the Thursday years ago.

We used to turn up on the Friday AM and could find a spot for our tents in that area behind the then Melody Maker tent. We did that every year 98 to 03. We were horrified doing the same in 04 to end up miles away in a shit spot and never camped again!

Crazy the scale of it now

Reading-Festival-2017-Aerial-shots.jpg

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It still felt pretty close to the main arena when I borrowed a friend's tent after a day trip there to see Muse in 2011. But even by then, I think the sprawl had begun to space out.

It has deffo grown again since then I think, they've slowly pushed back and to the side

Actually this is 2011 supposedly, already looks pretty big!

6117430065_55f54d2b29_b.jpg

Edited by Benj