2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

Only one listen in but found most of Marauder pretty unremarkable.

Negro Swan is decent but maybe not as good as his previous two albums.

Got a heap of other stuff to listen through this weekend. Feel like there’s been not much new for a short while and now I’ve got like ten albums backed up. 

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They are ok mate. Seen them a few years ago supporting James. Can't say they have blown me away but they are pleasant enough.

Fair enough, thought it might be worth a crack!

Deaf Havana album has been a pleasant surprise for me as well, never listened to them before now but it's quite a grower

Downloaded the new album from George Fitzgerald the other day completely by chance, just saw it on Deezer's new releases.  Being electronica I have no idea what I'm listening to or if it's technically any good, but bloody hell I'm loving it.  

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Downloaded the new album from George Fitzgerald the other day completely by chance, just saw it on Deezer's new releases.  Being electronica I have no idea what I'm listening to or if it's technically any good, but bloody hell I'm loving it.  

I really like that album too. Listened to it a few times around its release then forgot all about it until earlier this week but been playing it loads since then, doesn’t really dip in quality at any point. 

Only listened to Interpol out of todays new ones but I’m not too into it after a couple of listens. It’s decent enough but seems to lack any big hooks which for me El Pintor was full of. Hoping it grows on me.

6 hours ago, Quark said:

That and Bicep have probably been my 2 favourite house/techno releases of the last year.

Mitski album sick as expected. Mostly been listening to it a few songs at a time on my drives to and from work so not ready to stick it in my rankings yet.

Listened to new Blood Orange last night and enjoyed it but wasn't as immediate as his last effort. Had had a few drinks too so don't remember it too well now. Need to get back on it.

Edit: Picked up tix to see Mitski for the first time in Manc in a few weeks too so that'll be cool.

Edit 2: A Pearl is amazing btw.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

Downloaded the leak but think I'll wait till Friday if its censored. Joe is so fucking good at swearing, seems like a waste. Got plenty last week to get along with, I seem to enjoy the Interpol more than most and the Lemon Twigs one deserves another go by me. White Denim probably the best album of last week though, Moves On in particular is a banger.